Since Updating both software on my Mac to lion 10.7.4 and also the iPhone I have got problems displa

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

Within Facebook Groups, the group photos which used to display horizontal across the top of the page are now displaying vertically down the page, which means I can no longer post to the Facebook Group or search within the group as page mapping is completely screwed up. When I click the magnifying glass for searching, I go to another page completely. I am using a Mac and have upgraded to the latest version of Lion 10.7.4 which is about when it all went wrong, but weirdly my Mercury Browser on my iPhone is also doing the same, but then again Apple just did an update on the iPhone too! Please help. I have updated Shockwave, Flash & Java & tried logging into Facebook with a Guest mac account and another user name.

After playing around for 2 hours neither Safari or Google Chrome display properly but Firefox is now displaying the Facebook pages ok. I cannot get my head around this problem. Has anyone else had similar issues or can help? Thanks :-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    rob_06rob_06 Posts: 75member

Could you please post a image of what is happening.

Also did you update to Safari 5.1.7?

Did you do a permissions repair as flash & shockwave have had wrong permissions previously.

I am seeing some strange things with Facebook and have not yet updated to 10.7.4 or safari 5.1.7, I have update my iPhone 4S to 5.1.1 and use the Facebook app mostly.

On my mac Facebook in all browsers is not working as it was a few days ago but for me this is normal for me as Facebook seem to be endlessly changing things around which cause some strange things to either not display correctly or I see white pages from time to time also.

• Reply 2 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellieanita View Post

Within Facebook Groups, the group photos which used to display horizontal across the top of the page are now displaying vertically down the page, which means I can no longer post to the Facebook Group or search within the group as page mapping is completely screwed up. ...

You are aware that Facebook has been telling you for months that it would change its layout. 

• Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

It's called "Timeline". As has been said, you've had months (what, over half a year?) to know about this change.

It has nothing to do with Apple, OS X, or anything else on your end.

Funny… for something that calls itself a "social network", it doesn't seem to actually connect any of its users to knowledge or fact.