Photos of Ashton Kutcher in character as Steve Jobs surface

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Images have appeared of actor Ashton Kutcher wearing Steve Jobs' iconic black turtleneck, jeans and sneakers outfit on his way to the set of the independent film about the late Apple co-founder.

Gossip site TMZ.com published photos of Kutcher "in full character" on Saturday. His outfit was a near match to the one Jobs was famous for wearing.

Jobs so liked the black turtleneck that he reportedly owned hundreds of them. Mona Simpson, Jobs' sister, remarked at his memorial service last October that he had probably owned enough copies of the shirt for everyone in attendance.

Last month, reports surfaced that Kutcher had been cast as Jobs for the indie biopic, which is tentatively titled "Jobs: Get Inspired" and will span 1971 to 2000. The "Two and a Half Men" star had previously been noted as resembling Jobs. The film's producer, David Hulme, has said that Kutcher believes the part was "meant for him" and has set out to "prove to the world that this is the right part for him."

Hulme indicated in April that he is aiming to release the film in the fourth quarter of 2012. Rumors have suggested that broadway star Josh Gad has been tapped to play Jobs' partner Steve Wozniak. Director Joshua Michael Stern is said to believe the project is "award-worthy."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 62

uncanny resemblance. for a minute there i thought it was ashton kutcher....oh...wait.

• Reply 2 of 62

Damn! Now we will have to back and paste a bad brown beard on all the old Jobs photos.

• Reply 3 of 62
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

I wonder if he'll bulk up, or wear padding, for Steve's more portly period in the late 90s, early 2000s.

• Reply 4 of 62
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member

Didn't Jobs wear New Balance sneakers?

• Reply 5 of 62
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    "...His outfit was a near match to the one Jobs was famous for wearing."

how difficult is it to make it a "full" match? I don't think he ever wore Asics/Tiger sneakers.
  • Reply 6 of 62
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Not New Balance shoes. And are those even 501s?

• Reply 7 of 62
    poochpooch Posts: 768member

"Photos of Ashton Kutcher in character as Steve Jobs surface"

i've been quivering with schoolgirl anticipation at the thought of kutcher as steve jobs surface.

the marketing department already has some of the promos done:  "ashton kutcher *is* steve jobs surface".

• Reply 8 of 62
    takeotakeo Posts: 445member

Those are Asics.

• Reply 9 of 62
    msimpsonmsimpson Posts: 452member

I guess I need to start visiting TMZ.com to find out when Ashton will finally announce the release of  the new MacBook Pros, iMacs and Mac Pro's.    

• Reply 10 of 62
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Not a big expectation for quality from me for this production. Looks like they're going fast 'n' cheap... like a made for TV movie.

• Reply 11 of 62
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member

Most of these biopics are crap anyway even if a lot of money is invested in them, and this guy can't act shit.

• Reply 12 of 62
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by satchmo View Post

Didn't Jobs wear New Balance sneakers?

Yeah, and a different brand and/or style jeans too.  If they want to get it right, they have to use the same style and brand shoes and pants.  Jeeezzz.  

• Reply 13 of 62
    ranreloadedranreloaded Posts: 397member
    But I thought Steve didn't dress like that when he was about that age!?
  • Reply 14 of 62

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I thought Steve wore 550's.  I could be wrong.  But at least the style of the pants is off. Plus, the make/model watch he wore.

Wardrode?!

• Reply 15 of 62

Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I thought Steve wore 550's.  I could be wrong.  But at least the style of the pants is off. Plus, the make/model watch he wore.

Wardrode?!

Yeah, they also have to get Smartwater too!

• Reply 16 of 62
    cmvsmcmvsm Posts: 204member

Did they say Two and a Half Men 'star'? Must have been a typo. Should have been Two and a Half Men destructor. That show stinks to high heaven now because of Kutcher. He can't even grow a half way decent looking beard. What a mistake.

• Reply 17 of 62
    ungenioungenio Posts: 49member

Also... a minor detail, Steve's beard style does not match Kutchner's. At least not when he started using turtle necks. That photo makes you believe that a young Jobs (70's) wore turtle necks.

• Reply 18 of 62

Will Demi Moore play the Lisa?

• Reply 19 of 62
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

It's possible the companies wouldn't give permission for their products to be used. Or the producers were looking for free items as a way to cut costs and those companies would play along but whoever did. It's tricky when you are dealing with products. Placement is the worst part of my job so I live to pass it off on someone else when I can. Often we just use the fake brands created for such things.
  • Reply 20 of 62
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Not a big expectation for quality from me for this production. Looks like they're going fast 'n' cheap... like a made for TV movie.

Very much

And when a basically nobody producer says it will be award worthy you can bet it won't be. Unless you are talking about the Razzies or Digitimes top ten list