Care to share your SAT scores?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Don't be shy or humble. We all know AI is a forum where there are countless numbers of brilliant people. Let's prove it.

BR notes in the other thread a 1470; 780 math and 690 verbal. Who beats it? Sounds like Eugene did pretty well, but didn't give the specifics.

I didn't do quite as well as BR, but it was still fine:

The first time I got 800 math/490 verbal (what a dunce)

By my senior year I had improved my verbal to 590 (acceptable) but I missed one on the math and got a 780. So my best two scores together make 1390.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 71
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    I have a friend who doesn't post here who got a 1510...but he studied and slept the night before...I just want to also note that I took the SAT only once.

[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: BR ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 71
    1420 SAT, 33 ACT, 184 LSAT
  • Reply 3 of 71
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    No SAT's in Canada, only your GPA counts. But I have been assured that I would score in the category, "Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius." Sorry, I just love that line, I'd put it on my business card if people weren't so stuffy.
  • Reply 4 of 71
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    [quote]Originally posted by OBJRA10:

<strong>1420 SAT, 33 ACT, 184 LSAT</strong><hr></blockquote>

interesting, seeing as how the lsat scale is 120-180. you must be REALLY good!
  • Reply 5 of 71
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    1490 and 31. stupid english scores killed my ACT's.
  • Reply 6 of 71
    1240. 680 in verbal and 560 in math.

I make no excuses. This is what I scored. I'll be damned if some rich kid in California says I'm not smart.
  • Reply 7 of 71
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    1310 on the SAT (don't remember verbal vs. math, but they were pretty equal as I recall)

28 first try on ACT, 31 second try
  • Reply 8 of 71
    progmac, it is now... 22 years ago when I took it, it was out of 185. The scale has been adjusted when experimental sections of the test became standard procedure. There are less questions in each section now but more questions overall. You're not scored on all of them, and the overall scale has been lowered. In 1980, when I took the LSAT, I scored a 184.

Thanks for caring though
  • Reply 9 of 71
    [quote]Originally posted by OBJRA10:

<strong>progmac, it is now... 22 years ago when I took it, it was out of 185. The scale has been adjusted when experimental sections of the test became standard procedure. There are less questions in each section now but more questions overall. You're not scored on all of them, and the overall scale has been lowered. In 1980, when I took the LSAT, I scored a 184.

Thanks for caring though</strong><hr></blockquote>

• Reply 9 of 71
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    790 Math 700 Verbal

EXTREMELY pissed that i didnt get an 800 in math, 1490 is a big step below a 1500...

in 7th grade i took it and got a 1040 (610 430) for some Johns Hopkins program thing....

Personally I think it is bullshit and the college board is worse then M$ when it comes to monopolies...
  • Reply 11 of 71
    The Johns Hopkins Talent Search thing...
  • Reply 12 of 71
    [quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:

<strong>The Johns Hopkins Talent Search thing...</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah went to CTY or something
  • Reply 13 of 71
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    1300. The SAT is a joke, and a complete waste of time. It's funny because I had lots of people telling me that 1300 sucks and guess what, I got into a good school and they still are receiving rejection letters, so fvck them.
  • Reply 14 of 71
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>1300. The SAT is a joke, and a complete waste of time. It's funny because I had lots of people telling me that 1300 sucks and guess what, I got into a good school and they still are receiving rejection letters, so fvck them.</strong><hr></blockquote>

1300 is nothing of which to be ashamed. The SAT is not a total joke nor is it a complete waste of time. However, it also should by no means be the only indicator of how well someone will do in college.
  • Reply 15 of 71
    [quote]Originally posted by tonton:

<strong>By the way, 800 math is not that uncommon (but it sure feels good). But 800 verbal is just incredible. In high school I knew of one person who made such an achievement.

</strong><hr></blockquote> yes I know, this is what made me mad about it. Still, 1490 to 1500 is a big jump

<strong> [quote]She was born in Singapore, English was her second language, and she scored 800 as a Junior! Incredible!</strong><hr></blockquote>

yes, a friend of mine got a 1600 (she is currently attending Harvard) she only took the test once (in junior year) same as me (not counting 7th grade)....

she is first generation POLISH and i believe she is fluent. She may have learned eng as her second language also.

800 in english is VERY hard

I was REALLY surprised at my 700, i got 550s in practice...

[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: Paul ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 71
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I agree with G4Dude. Standardized tests are about the least important thing when it comes to applying for college. What's really important is that you come recommended by teachers, and that you write a good acceptance letter. Okay, I suppose my school (University of Minnesota) isn't that demanding, but I easily got above the minimum requirement for guaranteed acceptance into all the colleges, including IT. They use some formula that combines your SAT/ACT score with your class rank. You need something like 125 or 135 to get into IT, and it's around 100 for the other colleges, and I got 141.

Actually what's funny is that it seemed as if class rank was more important than test scores, which is dumb because some people come from schools where no one gives a rat's ass and you are in the 95th percentile if you get a 3.3 or something. But in my school, I had a 3.7 or so, and yet I was 84th percentile.

Whatever. My high school grades seemed surprisingly unimportant once I was accepted into college.
  • Reply 17 of 71
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    On this coast the ACT is worthless...

I took the SATs twice in high school. 710v/760m the first time, 700v/800m the second time. I took the SATs in th grade as some summer school prereq and got a something like a 490v/650m the score was in the 1100s...I can't quite remember the breakdown.

I took a bajillion SAT IIs (a couple when they were still called Achievement Tests)

[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 18 of 71
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    12somthing or 13something. I don't remember or care, and I didn't then. Good enough to get me into UT and that's the only reason I took it.

I had friends doing the pre-SAT courses and reading the books and taking practice tests. I also had a friend show up drunk off her ass and get 14ish.

If there's something I hate more than grades it is standardized test scores. My mother bought me an SAT preparation book, Kaplan or somesuch, and it's still in the plastic wrapping in the coffee table drawer in my room back home (I may fish it out if someone wants it).

"Blah blah blah let me out of this room"

I've always been a terrible student. They always told me "Adam, you'll have to learn good study habits or you'll never do well in high school or college." Well, Mrs. Bailey I'm 2 semesters from graduating and I still do very little non-required schoolwork. Take that, you 'ole bag!

Fie on grades and scores!
  • Reply 19 of 71
    took it twice...

800 math/700 verbal first time

740 math/800 verbal second time

so when applying for college, some schools counted this as 1600... yay
  • Reply 19 of 71
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    What's the ratio of dishonest:honest in this thread?

I say 4:1