iPhone 3g touchscreen dead zone - bottom 20% of screen

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I seem to be having the well-documented dead zone problem with my iPhone 3G that involves a touch screen dead zone on the phone.

The bottom 15-20% of the screen is dead which doesn't allow me to access any of the "favorite" 4 icons at the bottom of my screen (SMS, Email, Safari and Ipod).

I found the Apple Support Document TS1827, but cleaning under my screen protector, restarting, etc. did not work. I tried the calculator and regardless of the orientation of the phone, the dead zone remains dead.

My phone is extremely well protected and I am very careful about taking care of it, so this is a very dismaying problem.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Note: I have a Genius Bar appointment for later today, but was hoping someone could help me figure out what is wrong before then.

Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dynamixdynamix Posts: 1member

My iphone4 did the same for roughly 1.5 weeks.  I read that 3rd party chargers can mess with the motherboard since the power supple is not exact for the phone, thus dead zones were reported..  I took a trip to the att store and all they did was show me some replacement phones..but now its 1.5 weeks later and no more problems so maybe it fixed itself, I also updated the phone as soon as it happened but that didnt provide an immediate solution.  so my advise is turn off, recharge with apple charger, and wait 2 weeks.  GLHF

• Reply 2 of 2

the products were grouped by Omega Watches UK category for your ease of searching, and we welcome international shoppers.To begin your shopping tour at Watchcopiez.com, click the links on the menu and access to your favorite category.We will continue to increase the possibility of quality merchandises and services Rolex Watches from more countries and regions to enhance your online shopping satisfaction. So, if you are a shopping enthusiast, this is the best place you can ever find over the internet!Official validation came in 1914 from London's Kew Observatory, when they replica watches uk certified that a Rolex wristwatch is precise as rolex replica a marine chronometer. Wilder, who was utterly taken by the precision, went on to develop a screw crown and casebook mechanism that was another first to the watch industry. This design kept moisture and dust out and increased replica watches sale the reliability.1928 saw the Rolex Prince and 1932 saw the Rolex rotor enabling the advent of automatic winding of watches. 1945 saw the invention of Date just, the first ever wrist watch to sport a calendar. Rolex went to Switzerland chanel replica after the First World War to cut the prohibitive custom levies on some movement parts, as a step to cut costsReplica watches are available in various qualities. A Rolex replica watch, made in Switzerland is considered the best of all replica watches, since it is made with almost the same components and quality measures of the original. Rolex replica watches made in Switzerland are also the chanel replicas most expensive in the replica watch market. For more info regarding Rolex replica watches you can visit Watchcopiez.com - The site offers many replica watches.Undoubtedly the most attractive site in the world of replica Rolex watches is designer-cheap. Designer-cheap chanel replica is a watch site that will keep you coming back again and again to revel in the beauty and features on offer. As soon as you click enter, you will see the huge banner extolling that there is a 20% off when you buy 2 or more replica Rolex watches on Designer-cheap. Even replica rolex if the offer would not have been there, you would still have been surprised by the very low prices the watches are being offered at.