Sprint offers $100 trade-in credit for iPhones from competing carriers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

You do realize that al the carriers will have the same iPhone 5? Don't know why you feel the model makes a difference if you get the same one on all carriers...

Because it won't work with some carriers if you choose others.

At least, the "unlocked" one. Which is a crock, I'll tell you.

• Reply 22 of 32
    solipsismx wrote: »
    From what I can tell the phone doesn't even have to be working when you bring it in.
    How much does Radioshack give you for the other iPhones you didn't mention? I can't imagine why someone with a 4S would be trading it in anyway.

RadioShack trades in the first iPhone for about 23 bucks, no deal there. The iPhone 3G trades in at 54. If you trade in any generation besides the first, you save more money than going to any three of the major carriers. How many people are still hanging on with the first iPhone?
  • Reply 23 of 32
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,759member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

Lotsa luck with that. I want LTE in the next new iPhone.

Yup - LTE - exhaust your cap in a few days.

Woot!  More $$ for overages for the carriers.

Good luck with THAT

• Reply 24 of 32
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because it won't work with some carriers if you choose others.

But he wants to switch to Sprint because they will have the iPhone 5. And so will AT&T & Verizon (and likely others).

Unless he means he wants to switch carriers for other reasons but since the iPhone 4s does nothing for him, he'll wait until the new iPhone comes out.

• Reply 25 of 32
    maccherrymaccherry Posts: 924member

Then explain to me how the hell Facebook can have 900 million active users without having them pay to cover heavy network usage? Yeah! I thought so.

• Reply 26 of 32
    kimk69kimk69 Posts: 77member
    kpluck wrote: »
    Then you probably need to look a little closer. Given that most people could get twice as much as what they are offering for a 4 or 4S, heck, I could probably get even more for than $100 for a  3GS, why would I give it to Sprint and get less?

-kpluck
    Dude, your so right. I Mean, one can send it in to one of the few companies
    That offer money for old iPhones and get more then that even if it's dinged
    Up a little. With ebay you can make out pretty damn good and it's really not
    A bad hassle if you've sold something before. Like I said before, I would be happy
    To get away from AT&T and go to sprint if they can get me LTE service around
    The central Jersey area. In a heartbeat. Was gonna switch when I preordered the
    4S and so glad I didn't after seeing those horrible 3G speeds.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    kimk69kimk69 Posts: 77member
    maccherry wrote: »
    Then explain to me how the hell Facebook can have 900 million active users without having them pay to cover heavy network usage? Yeah! I thought so.
    Um, what.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

Why should websites pay the telecoms to support their pathetic networks?

• Reply 29 of 32
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBell View Post

It took me all of twenty seconds to go over to ebay and find an original iPhone with ten bids in for $101 dollars. There is a day left on the auction, and everybody knows the price climbs at the last few minutes. My point: iPhones hold their value very well. 

Yes they sure do hold their value and the uninformed buyer of a used iPhone,  doesn't realize they will be paying the same  in their monthly plan as those who take the  latest model new iPhone.

• Reply 30 of 32
    sierrajeffsierrajeff Posts: 366member

HA!  Lotsa luck with that - I've been a Sprint customer since 1998, and if AT&T or Verizon made the same offer I'd switch. I'm so tired of the slow download speeds - who cares if it's "unlimited" if you can't access anything?

Worse, though, are the repeated voicemail failures since 5.1 rolled out.  There are times when Sprint users actually have to turn their phones off and on again (I mean, a hard "off", not just sleep), just to be able to play a voicemail.  FAIL.  Sprint, fix this *now* or you're going to have a hemorrage on your hands!

• Reply 31 of 32
    sierrajeffsierrajeff Posts: 366member

Seem to be a lot of pro-Sprint comments on here from users with low posting counts... just sayin'

• Reply 32 of 32
    chrispychrispy Posts: 17member

"Worse, though, are the repeated voicemail failures since 5.1 rolled out.  There are times when Sprint users actually have to turn their phones off and on again (I mean, a hard "off", not just sleep), just to be able to play a voicemail."

Sounds like my AT$T iPhone.