Apple again files for U.S. Galaxy Tab injunction after winning appeal

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Most people will be in with the lawyer on this one and not have a clue. Most non-tech people don't know what aspect ratio even is. Samsung copies Apple as does the rest of the world. Most people just try to use them as an example though and don't copy so blatantly. I really do hope Samsung gets a smack down. If nothing else, Apple stops using Samsung one component at a time until they are not an Apple supplier. Rule number one is to not piss off your biggest customer. You would think they would be more willing to make a deal and change their designs enough to appease Apple. The 10% smack down they got on the rumor for iPad RAM is just the beginning. 

I get what you're saying and agree, but the lawyer isn't most people, he's getting paid handsomely to defend his clients product. Him of all people should've been an expert in picking out his clients product.
  • Reply 22 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

AppleInsider - Please stop displaying ads for Samsung in your RSS feed. It is really making me ill

I've always thought that competitive ads on an Apple-centric board were odd.

On another subject: I saw a BlackBerry ad recently. I felt like I had seen the first robin of Spring. Well, technically it wasn't a Blackberry ad as much as it was an AT&T ad, but still...

It only takes 12 Popsicle Pete wrappers to get a free BB phone now. They throw it in with the free decoder ring.

• Reply 23 of 66
    lamewinglamewing Posts: 742member

Deleted by poster.

• Reply 24 of 66

So no American lawyers can represent Apple? You mental processes seriously need to be recalibrated

• Reply 25 of 66

@Tallest Skil

NO TIES TO EITHER COUNTRY? So we need to import barristers from England to represent Apple and Samsung? You seem to be spouting racist comments and .... your comments are simply stoopid as well.

• Reply 26 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

NO TIES TO EITHER COUNTRY? So we need to import barristers from England to represent Apple and Samsung? You seem to be spouting racist comments and .... your comments are simply stoopid as well.

I fail to see how what I've said is racist at all. I also fail to see how, in an international dispute, finding a judge with a stake in neither country to arbitrate is difficult or unnecessary.

What does any of this have to do with lawyers?

• Reply 27 of 66
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

And it looks like the Samsung sexual favours aren't! ;-)

eeewwww....

• Reply 28 of 66
    slang4artslang4art Posts: 376member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tune View Post

Looks like the Apple bribes are working.

Like the ones Google offers up tenfold?

• Reply 29 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law Talkin' Guy View Post

I think you can see why things like country of descent, sex, sexual orientation, etc. should never be a reason for recusal (as opposed to things like stock ownership).

Saying those should never be ground for recusal is not very objective. Humans have biases, even judges.

• Reply 30 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

@Tallest Skil

Leave it to some lefties to take a comment out of context, exaggerate it beyond recognition, and pull on the emo heart strings to both try and fail to make a point. It is certainly okay to question whether she may be biased, just as much as it is okay to assume that she isn't.

• Reply 31 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

eeewwww....

Did you get your royalty check from Samsung yet?

• Reply 32 of 66
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slang4Art View Post

No not yet, willing to share some of yours from Apple.

• Reply 33 of 66

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

No not yet, willing to share some of yours from Apple.

Apple even beats Samsung in paid-off forum users, getting their checks out faster… image

• Reply 34 of 66
    macquestmacquest Posts: 30member

Apple even beats Samsung in paid-off forum users, getting their checks out faster… :lol:

Also, those checks from Samsung are going to take longer now that they took that 10 billion dollar hit for pissing off Apple. That's a long time to wait just to play racquetball since that's all a check from Samsung will be good for after it eventually arrives... if it ever does.

It's like Apple has Samsung in a chokehold and is asking it "why are you hitting yourself?"
  • Reply 35 of 66
    tunetune Posts: 91member

Cool story bro, tell it again.

• Reply 36 of 66
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    If it's a case like this between companies based in different countries, the judge shouldn't have any ties to either country. There're other conditions, of course.

To be fair, there's no evidence that Koh has any ties to Korea other than her heritage. That is not grounds for recusal. Even if she did have ties to Korea, it's irrelevant. As long as she had no ties to Samsung, she would be OK hearing the case.

She just produced some bone-headed decisions without having an apparent bias.
  • Reply 37 of 66
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I fail to see how what I've said is racist at all. I also fail to see how, in an international dispute, finding a judge with a stake in neither country to arbitrate is difficult or unnecessary.

I believe the replies are pointed at the fact that you assumed that because she is an American of Korean descent she's somehow biased towards that country. Which perhaps isn't racists but it is still wrong. And if Apple believed your opinion to be correct they would just use the fact that she didn't recuse herself when she should have as a reason to grant an appeal etc

• Reply 38 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

I believe the replies are pointed at the fact that you assumed that because she is an American of Korean descent she's somehow biased towards that country. Which perhaps isn't racists but it is still wrong. And if Apple believed your opinion to be correct they would just use the fact that she didn't recuse herself when she should have as a reason to grant an appeal etc

I actually didn't know she was an American of Korean descent.

I don't think she should be doing this were she an American OR a Korean, but that's me. People say "stake in the company", but when Samsung matters as much as it does to South Korea and when Apple matters as much as it does to the US, there's stake whether or not the person in question holds shares or what have you.

• Reply 39 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I actually didn't know she was an American of Korean descent.

I don't think she should be doing this were she an American OR a Korean, but that's me. People say "stake in the company", but when Samsung matters as much as it does to South Korea and when Apple matters as much as it does to the US, there's stake whether or not the person in question holds shares or what have you.

Bigot.

• Reply 40 of 66

Quote:

Bigot.

I'm sorry, but that's how I see it. I'd rather the judge have no potential ties, connections, or even interest in either side of an argument. That's next to impossible, sure, as there will always be some prior knowledge of the parties in the courtroom (and, well, people will forget or even lie), but you can certainly try. I want my judges to care for nothing but the truth.