Samsung accuses Apple trial experts of 'slavish adoration,' seeks to invalidate testimony

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Falling on his sword seems the right move for Gee-sung Choi now I'd say.  Or is that only for Japanese honorable losers?

You need to reword this or maybe you mean to be disrespectful to Japanese? (Not cool)  Samsung is from South Korea.

• Reply 22 of 35
    maccherrymaccherry Posts: 924member

Screw Samsung!

Apple's stuff works!!!!!

Samsung though would kill to have the same goddamn admiration for their products. Hell, why the f**** do you think companies advertise?

Hello!

• Reply 23 of 35
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member

So Apple's lawyers cite positions and qualifications for rejection, while Samsung's lawyers troll the court with accusations of fanboyism as reason to reject? LMAO. They've sunk even lower. They're done. image

• Reply 24 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

So Apple's lawyers cite positions and qualifications for rejection, while Samsung's lawyers troll the court with accusations of fanboyism as reason to reject? LMAO. They've sunk even lower. They're done. image

No, Samsung like Apple cited lack of qualifications and failure to follow established scientific methods and governing legal principles as reasons to exclude. It’s just that the article emphasized the motion’s punchy intro. But the article did report the underlying arguments too.

As others have already noted, it’s difficult to judge for oneself the merits of Samsung’s positions because the meat of their arguments has been redacted. (That indicates that it is based on confidential information.) Still, one can glean tidbits—at pp.1–2, it appears one of Apple’s experts concluded based on Apple’s and/or Samsung’s confidential materials that Apple’s lost sales are at or near 1:1 for Samsung’s accused sales, and Samsung is arguing that the expert failed to consider brand loyalty for Samsung users. The question is, does that mean the expert’s methodology is flawed, or that it is sound but he just drew the “wrong” conclusion? If the former, exclude as inadmissible evidence; if the latter, allow it, but the opponent will try to convince the jury that the testimony should be given no weight.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    paulieeepaulieee Posts: 1member

Slavish adoration? Clearly, no one at Samsung has ever used an iPhone!

• Reply 27 of 35
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tune View Post

Isn't anyone going to say Samsung is slavishly using the word slavish?

I was.  My first thought was "So the the company that slavishly copied Apple's products is actually slavishly copying Apple's description of their behavior by lifting the word 'slavish.'"  Good lord. 

• Reply 28 of 35
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member

Good to know my former classmates are doing SUCH valuable work at the top law firms. 

• Reply 29 of 35
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Come on does Samsung really thinks Apple would put up as their experts Samsung Fanboys, any company will put forward experts who favor their view of the world. It really sounds like Samsung experts were not convincing. Next, they will ask the Judge to excuse himself if he uses or has Apple products.
  • Reply 30 of 35

If you are used to customers with "Buyer's Remorse" than based on Samsung's experience, their idea of bias makes perfect sense.

Make sure you also insult the judge as having slavish devotion to the law, and the jury to having slavish devotion to citizenship -- works wonders!

• Reply 31 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthorim View Post

Good God I did not think I'd see the day where "fanboy" becomes an official word used in court. 

Well, people in our media no longer set an example for civil discourse -- so it's stands to reason that there is a "trickle down" effect from all the trickling down that people experience.

• Reply 32 of 35
    signalsignal Posts: 37member

I'm actually kind of entertained by Samsung, at this point. Their leadership seems to be more-or-less batshit insane.

Maybe it's some kind of insular Korean thing that I'm not getting, but a lot of their public utterances, PR materials and general vibe seems to vacillate between weirdly over-the-top hubris and petty childishness. You get the feeling that the Samsung brass believe they are the rightful new Apple, and the old Apple is being unfair by continuing to exist.  And if they continue to mimic every aspect of Apple's style (the latest Galaxy Note ad is, yes, "slavishly" Apple-esque) they'll wake up one morning and the transformation to be complete.

What makes it extra-special nuts is the belligerence with which they go about this.  Like Apple trying to stand in their way of becoming Apple is deeply insulting and worthy of nothing but contempt.  Screw you Apple, for trying to horde your Appleness!  That's why you suck!  So apparently "Appleness" is a quality independent of Apple, and should be regarded as something like a natural resource that Apple just happens to be squatting over.

• Reply 33 of 35
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbansprawl View Post

You need to reword this or maybe you mean to be disrespectful to Japanese? (Not cool)  Samsung is from South Korea.

To some people, Israel is located somewhere near Canada. Expect them to make a difference between two countries in Asia? Fat luck :p

• Reply 34 of 35
    ibannedibanned Posts: 3member
    I think Apple should sue the Samsung lawyers for having round heads since apples are shaped so.