Downloading time for Lion

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

I skipped Lion but intend to download Mountain Lion.  What was your experience in downloading Lion; glitches; download time; ISP download speed; etc?

I apologize if this has been addressed before.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

It would depend on when you downloaded it and how Apple's servers were working at the time, so I can't imagine individual's experiences being helpful unless they can remember if they did it on launch day, three weeks later, at midnight, during the afternoon, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't remember my experience with it at all.

• Reply 2 of 4
    bizzlebizzle Posts: 66member

I've been trying to finish the download all night from recovery and so far it's been one of the most frustrating experiences ever. I've had to restart it around twenty times. The log says it's preventing sleep but after a couple hours it keeps receiving power notifications and shutting down the network interface. Then it starts back up from the beginning?! Now I'm clicking on the trackpad every thirty minutes to an hour to make sure it doesn't stop and I'm running out of fumes from lack of sleep.

• Reply 3 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member

My experience downloading Lion from the Mac App Store was completely unremarkable. It required no more than a few minutes and did not require a retry. 

• Reply 4 of 4
    bizzlebizzle Posts: 66member

After having spent the past two days struggling with this it seems that using the App Store or even the Lion Installer app work without much issue but that Internet Recovery leaves a bit to be desired.