Dell feeling iPad pressure after soft notebook sales, earnings miss

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Ahh so you don't actually have any proof but just vague accusations?

Thousands of reviews across hundreds of sites, plus reviews from professional organizations designed to review all products as well as reviewers that only look at industry-specific products.

You could try reading my posts next time, as that generally helps. :confused_emoticon.gif:

Quote:

…to say they are "crap" is just juvenile. 

Well, it's the general consensus.

• Reply 42 of 44
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thousands of reviews across hundreds of sites, plus reviews from professional organizations designed to review all products as well as reviewers that only look at industry-specific products.

You could try reading my posts next time, as that generally helps. :confused_emoticon.gif:

Well, it's the general consensus.

Only some of them make any sense or are worth reading...

Consensus only in your mind.

• Reply 43 of 44
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Though I don't own any Dell products I do know that they are consistently in the top 5 for customer service. I just did some searching and most of the articles say the same thing. Here is what Toms Hardware came up with for example;

First place Apple

Second place Lenovo

Third place Toshiba

Fourth place Dell

Fifth place HP/Compaq

Most sights seem to correspond with those figures, well at least the last 15 articles I just read. Sony and Acer are the two company's that seem to trail way at the bottom most of the time. So it seems like there is a lot of negative posting's just because it isn't Apple, business as usual. Is their actually anyone in this thread who owned a Dell computer other then their cheap Vostro line that can shed some light on this.

• Reply 44 of 44
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Though I don't own any Dell products I do know that they are consistently in the top 5 for customer service. I just did some searching and most of the articles say the same thing. Here is what Toms Hardware came up with for example;

First place Apple

Second place Lenovo

Third place Toshiba

Fourth place Dell

Fifth place HP/Compaq

Most sights seem to correspond with those figures, well at least the last 15 articles I just read. Sony and Acer are the two company's that seem to trail way at the bottom most of the time. So it seems like there is a lot of negative posting's just because it isn't Apple, business as usual. Is their actually anyone in this thread who owned a Dell computer other then their cheap Vostro line that can shed some light on this.

My work uses a lot of Optiplex and Precision workstations and they are great for the most part. I'm more in the server/storage side and I really like the Dell gear, very reliable and their service is good.

I had a Dell laptop at my old job and it was ok but I still prefer Apple. Love my Macbook Air!!