Video offers rare glimpse inside Foxconn iPhone factory

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    djames4242 wrote: »
    And I thought it was just something on my end (since most of the time I browse from work where our stupid proxy blocks everything)!

Stupid thing is if you disregard your companies internet connection and use iOS instead it still doesn't work properly! (the reply button is a hit or miss etcetera)
  • Reply 22 of 23
    podlifepodlife Posts: 23member

Dear shao,

You said "Oh, and here's a massively staged and bias video as proof! "  Let me hope that I misunderstood your point. 

I don't post often.  But this idea that you put up "Apple is evil because the media says so" just makes the blood boil.  

Have you ever been in side a top tier China factory?  What you saw in this video is large scale but it is typical.  Rows and rows of SMT machines.  Everyone wearing hats, smocks and gloves.  It's all to control dust and static charges- maybe you thought it was forced on these people.

The top tier manufacturers have hundreds of thousands of workers.  There will be incidents based on numbers alone.  Can a US city of 300,000 have a year go by without a newsworthy negative incident?  Apple is in the news because we, as humans, seem to like whacking down the tall poppies.  

Nothing was staged here.  

• Reply 23 of 23
    hungoverhungover Posts: 603member

Quote:

Originally Posted by podlife View Post

Dear shao,

You said "Oh, and here's a massively staged and bias video as proof! "  Let me hope that I misunderstood your point. 

I don't post often.  But this idea that you put up "Apple is evil because the media says so" just makes the blood boil.  

Have you ever been in side a top tier China factory?  What you saw in this video is large scale but it is typical.  Rows and rows of SMT machines.  Everyone wearing hats, smocks and gloves.  It's all to control dust and static charges- maybe you thought it was forced on these people.

The top tier manufacturers have hundreds of thousands of workers.  There will be incidents based on numbers alone.  Can a US city of 300,000 have a year go by without a newsworthy negative incident?  Apple is in the news because we, as humans, seem to like whacking down the tall poppies.  

Nothing was staged here.  

To suggest that Terry Gou would would dare to put a gloss on things is an affront to probity. Oh hang... on isn't he the fellow that asked "what is wrong with sweatshops"?