Click here for live coverage of Apple CEO Tim Cook's interview at D10

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
In his first interview since assuming the chief executive role at Apple late last year, Tim Cook is taking the stage at D: All Things Digital for an in-depth sit-down with Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg that promises to "offer a new look inside the mind" of the man running the world's largest company. AppleInsider is on-hand and will provide live coverage of the event.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Looks like I actually have to go to the proper home page (for once) to get to this link. Nice that live.appleinsider.com is working again!

Also…

I'm Walt Mossber~g! Shut up!

• Reply 2 of 20
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

More interesting will be watching Tim Cook in this kind of venue as opposed to what he says.  Something you don't really get from a live blog.

It's not like he's likely going to let slip something interesting just prior to WWDC.

• Reply 3 of 20

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 9.28.46 PM.png

Get her off the stage. She's incompetent and has proven such at D5 with Gates and Jobs and at D8 with just Jobs.

• Reply 4 of 20
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 9.28.46 PM.png

Get her off the stage. She's incompetent and has proven such at D5 with Gates and Jobs and at D8 with just Jobs.

It was most amusing to see her try and contribute to the discussion, say something silly, then get 'intellectually dismissed' by Jobs.

Body language. It can be most entertaining.

• Reply 5 of 20

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 9.36.30 PM.png

I'm very glad for this. I want to see just how he says it in the video, but this makes me quite happy.

EDIT: Keeps getting better.

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 9.38.54 PM.png

And Tim might be saying all this in response to what the community (trolls) are saying, too.

• Reply 6 of 20
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

I agree with all of the comments here putting that silly woman down. Why the hell is she there to begin with? I saw the previous interviews with Jobs at that conference, and that woman should not be on stage.

• Reply 7 of 20

Wonder what THIS says about the "leaked" stuff:

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 10.04.48 PM.png

SHUT UP YOU IMBECILE:

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 10.08.20 PM.png

"Disappointed"?! Do you know ANYTHING about Apple?!

• Reply 8 of 20

Quote:

Tim: One thing is that we're not fragmented. Look at the percentage of users who upgraded to iOS 5. We have one App Store. We have one phone with one screen size, one resolution. So it's pretty simple if you're a developer.

A new rez for the next iPhone seems unlikely given this comment.

• Reply 9 of 20
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Loving Tim's responses. They guy is definitely right for the job, he knows what's what and gets the big picture. 

And I can't believe these 'veteran' tech pundits are wasting everyone's time by asking idiotic questions that Tim is obviously not going to answer. This is Tim Cook, you won't get access to him for  very long time. Make your damn questions count, and stop asking about future products. I could probably ask Cook 5 hours of questions that have absolutely nothing to do with potential future Apple products, but on the industry and tech as a whole. He's an insightful person and there's a ton of areas and depth you could cover.

DUUURR ARE YOU MAKING A TV? DUUR ARE YOU WORKIN ON X OR Y? Give me a fucking break. You'd think they were born yesterday. 

• Reply 10 of 20

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 10.16.03 PM.png

Can't do this on an iMac. Sounds like the Mac Pro will be sticking around.

• Reply 11 of 20

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 10.16.03 PM.png

Can't do this on an iMac. Sounds like the Mac Pro will be sticking around.

GET OFF THE STAGE YOU BUMBLING HACK:

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 10.17.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 10.17.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 10.17.39 PM.png

What has she done to KEEP this position for so long?!

• Reply 12 of 20

The verge livestream > appleinsider livestream

• Reply 13 of 20
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

I don't think they'll invite him back, too coy and just toed the party line on every question. Doesn't make for good entertainment. 

Steve didn't give much away either, but his general insights were worth it on their own.

• Reply 14 of 20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

I don't think they'll invite him back, too coy and just toed the party line on every question. Doesn't make for good entertainment. 

They need to not invite Kara back…

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 11.03.13 PM.png

• Reply 15 of 20

Quote:

Steve didn't give much away either, but his general insights were worth it on their own.

They'll absolutely invite him back. He's the CEO of Apple. They'd be insane not to. 

• Reply 16 of 20

Quote:

I dunno, Google person got pwned.  That should be amusing to watch when it finally hits the net.

• Reply 17 of 20
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member

Not that anybody expected for Tim Cook to tip his hand about future products.

We've learned that Tim Cook is savy in front of the press and not likely to get tripped up .............................Just like Steve Jobs

He's only going to tell us what he wants us to know when he wants us to know.image

• Reply 18 of 20

lol... can't wait to watch this whole interview in video form. 

Google: why is Apple in advertising with iAd

Tim: Advertising not one of the four legs of the stool. Don't see it as Google does obviously

Google: how does iAd work with focus?

Tim: so you want me to get out of the ad business? (laughs) I hope the chairman of the FTC isn't in the room

Walt: chairman of the FTC literally is in the room

• Reply 19 of 20
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nht View Post

A new rez for the next iPhone seems unlikely given this comment.

Not really.  They have more than one resolution already too.  They still sell the 3GS.  I understand what he was getting at, but his statement was not correct.  If they do the screen size in a manner similar to the resolution, it will not have much impact on developers.

• Reply 20 of 20
    tailpipetailpipe Posts: 345member

In an ideal world, Steve Jobs would still be running Apple. Failing that, we want the next best thing. Tim Cook is the next best thing.

He clearly understood Steve Job's genius: his vision, passion, creativity and other idiosyncrasies. But Tim Cook is his own man. Clearly, he's immensely bright and immensely capable, but we shouldn't mistake his engaging and almost self-deprecating demeanour for a lack of equal energy, creativity and vision for Apple. I think Tim Cook will take Apple in a new direction, but one that Steve would inherently approve of. 

In essence, what these D10 interviews reveal about TC makes me excited and optimistic about Apple. Be afraid Samsung, very afraid.