What was the best/worst part of Bush´s speech?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If you should single out the best or the worst part of the speech what should it be?

Now careful because there is a rule in this thread: Those who are generally pro Bush can only name the worst and visa versa.

This exersice will hopefully give a more nuanced picture of the compatants here in OA than just "liberal scum" and "headless right winged facists".

And it would be great if Scott would contribute. I would really like to see your answer

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    my favorite part was when he was talking about capturing al queda and then talked about those who suffered much worse fate and then said "in other words...bla bla bla"

that was classic and they way he stared into the camera....

whoa
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Forgot my own answer:

The AIDS plan for africa.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I didn't have the pleasure of watching it, but I read most of the transcript, and I liked the business about hydrogen cars. That was cool. It had Rove written all over it, but that's OK.

Here's a line that stuck out to me:

[quote]America's purpose is more than to follow a process. It is to achieve a result<hr></blockquote>

Hmmm. I have to say I believe in process, and I think this sums up where I don't like Bush's approach to foreign policy in particular. Isn't following a process really what principles and ethics and laws are all about?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    "..." those moments of deafening silence.