RIM chief forecasts grim Q1 performance after shares halted

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    c_profc_prof Posts: 3member

RIM's corporate location says it all :  Waterloo.

• Reply 22 of 35
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

"grim Q1 performance"

Backwards is classed as a type of performance now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dualie View Post

Okay okay, Apple has killed RIM. We all know that. Can't we all agree that RIM's failure is no longer news worthy?

Ever driven past a car accident and couldn't help but look and comment?

Yep.

Us too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

and the petty reporting on rim's demise continues... let's get to wwdc and some apple announcements to have a few things to talk about here instead of the usual rim schadenfreude fest...

Nice use of the word 'schadenfreude' from a guy that does nothing but the same towards Apple.

YOU F_CKING HYP_CRITE.

Wanna buy a vowel?

• Reply 23 of 35
    gfengstadgfengstad Posts: 12member

Actually.. RIMM indeed did laugh at Apple back in 2007.  In fact, they absolutely did not believe that Apple had created such a device.  The word was that they were 'incredulous' that such a device existed.  They never considered Apple or Google any real threat until 2010, where it was too little, too late.

• Reply 24 of 35
    focherfocher Posts: 687member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    Funny how clueless pronunciations and snarky putdowns come back to bite you in the ass. Michael Dell knows that in spades these days. So does Steve Ballmer.
    So does RIM.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfengstad View Post

Actually.. RIMM indeed did laugh at Apple back in 2007.  In fact, they absolutely did not believe that Apple had created such a device.  The word was that they were 'incredulous' that such a device existed.  They never considered Apple or Google any real threat until 2010, where it was too little, too late.

Yeah that is what I had read about their reaction.  They saw Steve's keynote and proclaimed the iPhone impossible to do without suffering a two hour battery life.  Then when it came out they bought one and opened it up.  They were shocked to see the giant battery and the astonishing degree of miniaturization that had been achieved with the components.  Again they were stunned and realized they had absolutely no response to the Apple product.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

The Rim team saw magic that day.

• Reply 26 of 35
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member

yup, RIM is down to its last desperate Hail Mary play - BB 10. it needs a touchdown just to stay in the game.

yeah, FB would be smart to buy 'em up. but i think Zuckerberg thinks he's the next SJ. or at least BG.

• Reply 27 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

I heard Facebook is looking to get in the hardware business - they could buy RIM plus the Opera browser and make a Facepalm phone.   

fry.jpg

• Reply 28 of 35
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Ever driven past a car accident and couldn't help but look and comment?

Yep.

Us too.

Nice use of the word 'schadenfreude' from a guy that does nothing but the same towards Apple.

YOU F_CKING HYP_CRITE.

Wanna buy a vowel?

Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word schadenfreude, apple isn't in dire straights, they are not in any misfortune (on the contrary) so I can't be having schadenfreude about them. It's not schadenfreude when you are critical of the new apple tv interface. Nice try though, and as always it's a pleasure to see you are always about three steps behind me waiting to jump on what I say.

• Reply 29 of 35

Quote:

Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word schadenfreude, apple isn't in dire straights, they are not in any misfortune (on the contrary) so I can't be having schadenfreude about them. It's not schadenfreude when you are critical of the new apple tv interface. Nice try though, and as always it's a pleasure to see you are always about three steps behind me waiting to jump on what I say.

It was with great amusement to see that, ironically, you yourself don't seem to know the definition 'schadenfreude'.

Can myself, and the other forum members of AppeInsider, request that all your future posts be checked by your mummy in the future, in order to avoid any time-wasting drivel?

Is that something that we may be able to arrange?

Here's the definition:

"pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others"

You'll notice that nowhere in that definition does it mention the level of misfortune required. Large or small: any pleasure taken in misfortune is classed as schadenfreude.

Ironically, I'm feeling some schadenfreude myself now towards you, but then I never claimed not to, and If you think I'm waiting behind you ready to jump then I think you've seriously over-estimated your importance to me, but I can understand how that would be important to you. ;-)

• Reply 30 of 35
    All the chronometers
    chanel shoulder bags work perfectly and the hack mechanism (of the watch stopping when the time adjust pin is pulled out) is the same as the real watch.In the world of Rolex replica watches, there are many players. Many of them sell decently good replica Rolex watches. But the best of the lot come from the manufacturing and warehousing facilities of our site The best selling Rolex replica fake chanel
    range is an illustration of the same. Each replica Rolex watch sold on our site is an exact replica of the original, in all aspects – physical and functional. And each Rolex replica watch has also been reviewed by the replica watches reviews chanel replica team and only those watches that have passed with flying colors have come out onto the display cases.One illustration of how good a replica this Rolex Datejust Replica watches watch is can be understood by the fact that each of the watches from this collection is atleast 50 metres water resistant!This would be the perfect gift to any man, and as the gifting season is upon us, rolex replicas think of who in your list would suit this watch!
  • Reply 31 of 35
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member

oh, so you think apple's misfortune is their new atv interface then? Is it such a miserable failure? You sure can talk trash, but logic isn't your strong point. Does it really matter? I wouldn't think so, how hard is it to clean peoples' pools without falling in? 

• Reply 32 of 35

Quote:

oh, so you think apple's misfortune is their new atv interface then? Is it such a miserable failure? You sure can talk trash, but logic isn't your strong point. Does it really matter? I wouldn't think so, how hard is it to clean peoples' pools without falling in? 

Hate to bust your bubble, kiddo, but neither myself nor anybody else in this thread said anything about the Apple TV interface.

I believe you may be suffering from multi-thread confusion syndrome.

Please tell your mum, to tell you, that we'd all like you to move slowly away from the input device, take three steps backward, and place your hands on the top of your head.

Pool cleaner?

Get with the program.

According to Samsung, we're all baristas here.

coffee-fun01.jpg

• Reply 33 of 35

Türkiye'nin En Elit Travesti Modelleri.Travesti chatroulette chat roulette  Türkiye'nin ilk Travestiler'e yönelik online chat roulette  sohbet ve chat sitemiz çok yakinda.Travesti Best Model üyeleri sohbet odalari chat kanallar'inda diger ü…[url=http://www.travestibestmodel.net/]Travesti.[/url]

• Reply 34 of 35
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty321 View Post

I think it's absolutely terrible that the previous CEO's of RIM threw this guy Thorston Heins under the bus for their mistakes. They should have done the responsible thing: taken blame for their mistakes, and shut down their company. Instead, they're making the company go bankrupt under this guy instead.

I'm sure Thorston is well-compensated. Like those Umbrella corp guys in Resident Evil who put on full biohazard gear and have to go in and kill all the zombies and get rid of all the evidence. That's Mr. Heins. 

• Reply 35 of 35
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

yup, RIM is down to its last desperate Hail Mary play - BB 10. it needs a touchdown just to stay in the game.

yeah, FB would be smart to buy 'em up. but i think Zuckerberg thinks he's the next SJ. or at least BG.

Good analogy. I was going with "Betting The Farm"... In this case, with not much rain forecast. It could be ugly.