Apple's WWDC 2012 schedule and official iOS app now available

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday launched the official iOS application for its 2012 Worldwide Developers Conference, and also posted the full conference schedule on its website.

The WWDC 2012 schedule is now available to view at the official site. There, attendees can sign in, access the conference schedule, and view session-related resources.

The official WWDC 2012 application is a free 5.3 megabyte download (iTunes link) designed for both iPhone and iPad. It's designed to help attendees stay up-to-date while at this year's conference.

Users can sign in to the WWDC 2012 application with the Apple ID associated with their ticket to the conference. From there, attendees can:
  • Browse the conference schedule: View times, locations, and detailed descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events. Filter the schedule view by tracks, sessions, labs, or OS to easily find what you're looking for. Provide feedback on sessions and labs you've attended.
  • Plan your week with favorites: Double tap any session, lab, or special event to mark it as a favorite and help plan your week. Favorites in the same time slot are listed together so you can quickly spot any conflicts and better plan your week.
WWDC
  • Keep up on the latest news: Stay up to date on news and announcements from the conference including room or schedule changes, baggage check-in times, and more.
  • Find you way around: View detailed maps of Moscone West to find session rooms, labs, and other points of interest.
  • View daily photos: Enjoy even more of the WWDC experience with fun and candid photos throughout the week.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member

Sweet can't wait, marking the events now :)

• Reply 2 of 9
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Why didn't they just update the WWDC application they already HAD?!

That's my first 'post-Jobs' indicator… 

• Reply 3 of 9

Interesting the colour scheme they are using - much more silver than the WWDC 2011 app of last year, which correlates to the Maps screenshots from earlier today as well.

Looks like a UI change/refresh is definitely on the cards!

• Reply 4 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexwaddell View Post

…the color scheme… …much more silver… 

Looks like a UI change/refresh is definitely on the cards!

Right, then! This is now the standard to beat.

I love the lead-up to a keynote. All the absolutely insane speculation that comes from overanalyzing the slightest "hints" in Apple's decisions.

• Reply 5 of 9

Notice the first session is entitled, "Keyboard input in iOS". I wonder if a not-yet identified session is called, "Voice input in iOS". I really, really hope so.

• Reply 6 of 9

It would really have been nice to be able to use the App even though we are unable to attend the Conference!  

I understand the tickets were sold out in a few hours?  

There's no way we all could attend who want to attend; however, that doesn't mean we aren't interested in the Conference and would have loved to track what was going on through the App, that is unless it was too limited because of usage and bandwidth at the event??  

Just my "bah-hum-bug" coming out a little early!  

OH, I will be getting the new iPhone (5) when it comes out, just 'cause I'm that kinda guy! <grin>  

Those who are going to the WWDC 2012, please TWEET, ETC. all the latest as it happens if you can and I'll be watching for the sites that are reporting LIVE since I'm not one of the lucky attendees!  

Thanks to all of you attendees in advance!  

Enjoy and LEARN LOTS!  

Ron 

• Reply 7 of 9
    urbansprawlurbansprawl Posts: 153member

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquraishi View Post

Notice the first session is entitled, "Keyboard input in iOS". I wonder if a not-yet identified session is called, "Voice input in iOS". I really, really hope so.

Whoa whoa whoa!  Now that's exciting!  If they finally give us

a) a keyboard building API

b) a way to set the keyboard language for our users (dictionaries and language learning)

that will be fantastic!

• Reply 8 of 9
    urbansprawlurbansprawl Posts: 153member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why didn't they just update the WWDC application they already HAD?!

That's my first 'post-Jobs' indicator… 

The better question is "did they use the same WWDC app for years before?"

Post Jobs...it's not a bad thing you know.

• Reply 9 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbansprawl View Post

The better question is "did they use the same WWDC app for years before?"

There has only ever been one, and it came out last year.