iCloud login problems

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I just installed iCloud on my Windows 7 64 bit PC. The install went OK but when I try to login, I get a message that says "You can't login because of a server error." I am able to access iCloud through iCloud.com, so I know that the Apple ID and Password are correct. My iPhone 4s works great. I just need to set up iCloud on the PC. Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Wouldn't you imagine the server error is an error with the server?

Give it a few days, then try again.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Yes, that is my first thought. The server may be bogged down with all of the new iCloud users and the introduction of IOS 5 and the 4s. The iCloud.com server is up and running fine. I'll give it a few days. Thanks for the reply.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Still nothing.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NUTS4U View Post

I just installed iCloud on my Windows 7 64 bit PC. ... Can anyone help me with this?

Um... buy a Mac?

But really... the error message is saying there's a problem with the server ... the iCloud server. I've activated 3 new iCloud accounts in the last 5? days... 2 went no problem... one got that same message for about 12 hours yesterday before it finally went through...

I'd expect things to calm down soon (next day or two?) as the number of people trying to activate new accounts and new phones drops to a more "normal" level ... this is just part of the joy of being "first in" with new popular toys.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I just tried installing i cloud on my laptop pc and signed in and it says valid apple Id but not I cloud account. Any suggestions as how to access i cloud?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkingrph View Post

I just tried installing i cloud on my laptop pc and signed in and it says valid apple Id but not I cloud account. Any suggestions as how to access i cloud?

By creating one. You can't use an existing Apple ID that wasn't part of MobileMe.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

By creating one. You can't use an existing Apple ID that wasn't part of MobileMe.

I just figured it out.

This new I phone 4s is the first Apple product I have had since 1997, when my son changed colleges. They were big into PC's so I got one for him and have been going that route since then.

Before then I had a Mac Performa, which I had upgraded and accelerated.

I have a local guy who is Windows certified, that built my last PC, and he is good, not only for building but for support so I may stay the PC route on my desktop. Next laptop will be a Mac.
  • Reply 8 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Um... buy a Mac?

I've activated 3 new iCloud accounts in the last 5? days...

Buy a Mac, my first one was in 1984.

I have to agree there is a problem and Apple is not talking. My wife and I both have iPhone 4s and are having trouble logging into both iTunes and iCloud. My wife takes about 3 login tries and then gets into iTunes. I still cannot get into my iCloud account and have now changed the password (Apple's instructions) so many times I lost count.

Why won't Apple fess up and admit they have a problem with their servers or software handling program.

• Reply 9 of 11
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregorywest View Post

Because this thread is from nine months ago when iCloud had just been released to the public and is no longer applicable, probably.

What specific problems are you having (and what avenues have you gone down to troubleshoot yourself), and maybe we can help sort them out.

• Reply 10 of 11

I got the same problem . Can anyone help us ?

• Reply 11 of 11
    ipsumipsum Posts: 1member

HI. I'm having the same problem. Did get any answer and solve it?  Thank you.