Apple reaches A$2.25M settlement with Australian regulator over 4G iPad

Comments

• Reply 81 of 104
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Sorry, but your biased, Apple-hating opinion does not change the international standard definition. HSPA+ is 4G according to international standards.

You might like to join the civilized world.

So, which of the iPhone, 2 iPads, an iPod touch, a MacBook pro or MacBook that I own was used to respond to your post? All getting to you through the Airport extreme I own connecting me to the internet? Admittedly, the mighty mouse I bought probably wasn't the best of choices but I'm sure you'll call me a hater for thinking that way.

There's enthusiastic, and then there's you.

• Reply 82 of 104

There is no doubt about someone being a mangy, low life, apple hating troll loser when they start proclaiming all their apple devices they have and use to spread apple hate.

• Reply 83 of 104
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post

There is no doubt about someone being a mangy, low life, apple hating troll loser when they start proclaiming all their apple devices they have and use to spread apple hate.

I've noticed that myself. You know how you can nearly always tell the mid-level trolls? They start their posts with, "I'm an Apple fan, but…" Almost without FAIL the mid-level trolls do that.

The high-level ones are the Poes and the ones that keep making multiple accounts here once we ban them. The ones that can hide their hatred in coherently-written posts.

And the low-level ones are like slapppy where they openly declare their contempt.

We have a few of each around here right now.

• Reply 84 of 104
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I've noticed that myself. You know how you can nearly always tell the mid-level trolls? They start their posts with, "I'm an Apple fan, but…" Almost without FAIL the mid-level trolls do that.

The high-level ones are the Poes and the ones that keep making multiple accounts here once we ban them. The ones that can hide their hatred in coherently-written posts.

And the low-level ones are like slapppy where they openly declare their contempt.

We also have mods that, instead of giving an infraction to a poster that posts direct personal attacks and insults, and nothing on topic, would join in the name calling.

SMH.

• Reply 85 of 104

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

We also have mods that, instead of giving an infraction to a poster that posts direct personal attacks and insults, and nothing on topic, would join in the name calling.

So do your duty and report stuff you feel breaks the rules. We haven't seen as many reports as I'd like to see since the Huddler switch.

I've already explained why I personally don't handle these cases.

• Reply 86 of 104
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So do your duty and report stuff you feel breaks the rules. We haven't seen as many reports as I'd like to see since the Huddler switch.

I've already explained why I personally don't handle these cases.

I think you're confused as to what my duty is. 

For starters, why don't all the whiners who are too afraid that someone can call them on their bs check the definition of an Internet troll. To their surprise they may find out that a troll is not someone who fails to conform to groupthink; it's someone who posts off-topic with the sole purpose to disrupt normal on-topic discussion. Kind of like when someone posts specifically to attack another user without being provoked.

• Reply 87 of 104
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    foris wrote: »
    Can this thread get any more childish?
    "Accept that you are wrong"? Does that make you feel big - what's next, your father's a cop?
    If you have a solid argument, don't you think that demonstrating an understanding of the actual issues here, including why Apple branded their products this way, might actually establish the strength of your argument instead of this puerile machismo?
    Or perhaps that's all there is, and you subscribe to the theory that he who shouts loudest wins the argument.
    Ok rant over. This mindless squabbling pisses me off.

mindless squabble? Appl broke the law, finally accepted the fact, paid a settlement. These are facts, there is no squabble, the facts are well published, some people just have trouble accepting the facts due to who one of the parties are.
  • Reply 88 of 104
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member

If you can't even *identify* a troll it's got me beat how you managed to get your hands on the ban hammer.

Presenting an alternate view is not being a troll. you get that, right?
  • Reply 89 of 104

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsherly View Post

If you can't even *identify* a troll it's got me beat how you managed to get your hands on the ban hammer.

Presenting an alternate view is not being a troll. you get that, right?

You'll notice I said nothing about anyone or post specifically. My statement was general.

• Reply 90 of 104

My statement/description was in general also, and I stand behind it. What I described is a common thing around here; The average, everyday, ordinary, run of the mill android troll Comes to AI- spew's apple hate while claiming they don't hate them because they own products Apple sells. I realize that the mangy, low-life android loser, apple hating troll that comes here is a nuisance to most readers, and that those same mangy, low-life android losers should also be called out for being as much.

If you feel my general description was directed at you it is not my problem, for I am not the one who is the typical mangy, low-life loser android troll I speak of....  

• Reply 91 of 104
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

My statement/description was in general also, and I stand behind it. What I described is a common thing around here; The average, everyday, ordinary, run of the mill android troll Comes to AI- spew's apple hate while claiming they don't hate them because they own products Apple sells. I realize that the mangy, low-life android loser, apple hating troll that comes here is a nuisance to most readers, and that those same mangy, low-life android losers should also be called out for being as much.

If you feel my general description was directed at you it is not my problem, for I am not the one who is the typical mangy, low-life loser android troll I speak of....  

Rant much? If you are not a typical mangy, low-life loser android troll then what type are you? 

I'm starting to get the impression that you don't like Android :-)

• Reply 92 of 104

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Rant much? If you are not a typical mangy, low-life loser android troll then what type are you? 

I'm starting to get the impression that you don't like Android :-)

there was no rant whatsoever. Just a simple, yet accurate observation of the typical mange I described. I am not a troll here. I am a long time member who comes here as an apple enthusiast to read and discuss apple products. The mange that come here (BTW, this is an apple centric site) to bad mouth apple products are trolls. They are called out as such, and they smell as such...now, on to the ignore list for you

• Reply 93 of 104

Quote:

there was no rant whatsoever. Just a simple, yet accurate observation of the typical mange I described. I am not a troll here. I am a long time member who comes here as an apple enthusiast to read and discuss apple products. The mange that come here (BTW, this is an apple centric site) to bad mouth apple products are trolls. They are called out as such, and they smell as such...now, on to the ignore list for you

The ironic thing is that I don't even see Android mentioned in this thread except for your posts. 

• Reply 94 of 104

Quote:

The ironic thing is that I don't even see Android mentioned in this thread except for your posts. 

Doesn't have to be said. It's implied. 

• Reply 95 of 104

Quote:

I think your ignore feature is broken? Might want to report that champ :)

• Reply 96 of 104
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member

How is it implied? There is nothing implied, you are making that up. This is a black and white event, nothing dodgy going on.
  • Reply 97 of 104

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

How is it implied? There is nothing implied, you are making that up. This is a black and white event, nothing dodgy going on.

Of course he is, his posts were nothing more than nonsensical rants. 

• Reply 98 of 104

Quote:

Of course he is, his posts were nothing more than nonsensical rants. 

My post was not nonsense, nor was it a rant I merely pointed out the obvious M.O. of many trolls here at AI. 

The nonsense is you butting in.

• Reply 99 of 104

Quote:

My post was not nonsense, nor was it a rant I merely pointed out the obvious M.O. of many trolls here at AI. 

The nonsense is you butting in.

Ok buddy, time to put your tin foil hat back on.

• Reply 100 of 104

Another good example of the Australian government looking after consumers :) http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-20/tpg-fined-242m-over-misleading-ads/4082454

This is what happens when companies want to use dodgy advertising in this country.