Rendered photos depict assembled next-gen iPhone [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 82

I think they just blurred the sides and back so it won't give away their location and identity etc. its obviously been blurred using photoshop etc.

• Reply 22 of 82

Fake, but beautiful!

3rd pic is tapered too much.

Love the smaller connection!

What is that on the 1st photo? 4/4S with black rim?

No one would leak photos with that much detail noticeable in the background.  The FBI, or the Apple BI would swoop in as I type.

• Reply 23 of 82
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member

Hard to tell if its real. Perhaps this is an Apple leak.

In any case it looks cool, hopefully the real deal looks this good.  :)

• Reply 24 of 82
    Maps icon is pre-iOS 6...
  • Reply 25 of 82

I've compared the LED flash to that of an iPhone 4/4s and it appears that it looks wrong in the first picture. The third pic seems about right. Next to that their seems to be an indented ring around the ear peace in the second photo. Such a design decision seems "un-Apple" since they like to keep the design clean. I call fake but I think that this is the design we are going to see unveiled in sept/oct. 

• Reply 26 of 82
    The Chinese site got this from some guys flicker account and slapped their logo on it. It's a computer rendering on Rhinoserious 3D based on leaked photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nepaltibet2005/sets/72157630041568903/detail/
  • Reply 27 of 82
    ray bartray bart Posts: 91member
    What happened to the inventory list circulating last week including on this website that some claimed listed a refresh of all macs at the same time during WWDC. Ha ha ha
  • Reply 28 of 82
    quambquamb Posts: 143member

Quote:

Originally Posted by NismoRoadster View Post

The Chinese site got this from some guys flicker account and slapped their logo on it. It's a computer rendering on Rhinoserious 3D based on leaked photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nepaltibet2005/sets/72157630041568903/detail/

Wow, very very skilled. The attention to detail of subtle faults in the case, scuffs/thumbprints and shot on a standard cheap digital camera is great. Looks like it's only going to get harder and harder to tell what leaks are fake or real.

• Reply 29 of 82
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member

Quote:

Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Second, the maps icon is iOS 5 icon not the new one. I would expect the next generation iPhone to be running iOS 6 not 5.

I would expect Apple not to test the functionality of a prototype iPhone with a prototype iOS.

• Reply 30 of 82
    michael scripmichael scrip Posts: 1,916member

/thread
  • Reply 31 of 82
    akf2000akf2000 Posts: 223member

Wow, just wow. Is that the quality of renders these days? it completely fooled me, it looks so real, there's even slight wear & tear around the earpiece. Amazing job.

• Reply 32 of 82
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Quote:

Originally Posted by davexl View Post

Excellent 3D rendering.

Look at the scale of the wood, lack of fingerprints etc.

You would be amazed how nice an image you can get of something if you wipe it well with a microfiber cloth before taking a photo and put it down, holding it in the cloth so your fingers don't touch it.

• Reply 33 of 82

Fake or not I want the next iPhone to have more tapered edges. I know it's not the best for keeping all it's juicy bits inside at the same time keeping it thin, but it would be so much nicer to hold...

• Reply 34 of 82
    macaelmacael Posts: 2member

Quote:

Originally Posted by davexl View Post

Excellent 3D rendering.

Wrong, these renders even have fingerprints! No doubt it's a nice job!

• Reply 35 of 82
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

The guy is good - a previous render effort of his:

4673739469_e885711735.jpg

From 2 years ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nepaltibet2005/4673739469/

• Reply 36 of 82
    delzeardelzear Posts: 1member

Easy one look at the last pic. There's no "e" in Iphone

• Reply 37 of 82
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

Wow! The effort some people would put in. What do they get for the time spent for modeling (not rendering, please!) such an elaborate fake?

• Reply 38 of 82
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member

Looks real enough to me. I would bet my house that this is the new iPhone. Every year we get component leaks about the new iPhone and every year they prove to be correct. This might be an engineering / manufacturing prototype but the overall design is consistent with all the other rumours.

As for the switch to 16:9 I have a theory about that. If Apple does make a TV then that would have to be in 16:9 format as nobody builds 4:3 TVs anymore so maybe they are readying developers to start building app's that can be mirrored from your iPhone onto your Apple TV set.

• Reply 39 of 82
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    davexl wrote: »
    Excellent 3D rendering.

ding ding ding ding we have a winner...! and to end the thread i'll use the "N@zi" word. LOL facetious.
  • Reply 40 of 82
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nepaltibet2005/7176607053/in/photostream

This guy put too much work into the phone rendering, it looks very impressive. However, it looks like he put it 10x scale onto a deck, the deck even has nails and understructure visible between the planks. I don't know who would make a table that way to that size with nearly microscopic nails.