Rendered photos depict assembled next-gen iPhone [u]

135

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 82
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    It's a totally killer HDR render. Unfortunately it's too beautiful to be real. No ordinary camera can get that particular kind of wide/fisheye look.
  • Reply 42 of 82
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I've never understood why people care about fake 3D renderings of what a new apple product might look like.
  • Reply 43 of 82
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    akf2000 wrote: »
    Wow, just wow. Is that the quality of renders these days? it completely fooled me, it looks so real, there's even slight wear & tear around the earpiece. Amazing job.

    Yes good 3D artists blow me away nowadays. I particularly like the worn edges around what looks like the screen protector (which ironically is a giveaway since who would put a screen protector on a leaked prototype).
  • Reply 44 of 82
    sol77sol77 Posts: 203member


    I understand that this is probably a rendering (deferring to many of you who seem to know what you're talking about).  Question, though...I don't see many, if any, posts regarding the black trim.  Are "you guys" generally okay with that?  I personally love the look of the iPhone4/4s, particularly the chrome trim.  Even if this is just a rendering, I'm surprised I don't hear more comments on that.  Did I miss a rumor suggesting the trim would change?  I don't really like this look, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.  Thoughts?

     

  • Reply 45 of 82
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,946member
    sol77 wrote: »
    I understand that this is probably a rendering (deferring to many of you who seem to know what you're talking about).  Question, though...I don't see many, if any, posts regarding the black trim.  Are "you guys" generally okay with that?  I personally love the look of the iPhone4/4s, particularly the chrome trim.  Even if this is just a rendering, I'm surprised I don't hear more comments on that.  Did I miss a rumor suggesting the trim would change?  I don't really like this look, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.  Thoughts?

    There have been discussions about the trim in previous threads. I like the black, it's pretty nice. I don't know how many rumors addressed a change in color.
  • Reply 46 of 82
    takeotakeo Posts: 417member


    The wood is the dead giveaway. Based on the scale of the phone, those planks are like... thumb width (or less) and yet have so much grain detail. It makes no sense at all. Clearly way out of scale... unless the new iPhone had a 24" screen.

  • Reply 47 of 82
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    The Chinese site got this from some guys flicker account and slapped their logo on it. It's a computer rendering on Rhinoserious 3D based on leaked photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nepaltibet2005/sets/72157630041568903/detail/

    Yes, the article even states that it's a rendering.

    However, the original Flickr rendering says that it's based on leaked photos (presumably, the photos of the case that we saw a week ago). So, if the leaked photos are real (that's a big 'if'), then this could be an accurate representation of how the phone would actually look. Rendering doesn't necessarily prove that it's wrong - look at the guy's rendering of the white iPhone. While not perfect in every detail, that gives a very fair representation of how the white iPhone appears. The same thing could apply here (and I hope it does - I like the appearance of this phone).
  • Reply 48 of 82
    takeotakeo Posts: 417member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post



    I've never understood why people care about fake 3D renderings of what a new apple product might look like.


     


    People don't care. What they care about is when people try to pass them off as photographs or the real thing.

  • Reply 49 of 82
    takeotakeo Posts: 417member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post





    Yes, the article even states that it's a rendering.


     


    The Appleinsider arcticle? Ahh. Good enough. It's been updated then since I read it.

  • Reply 50 of 82
    kimk69kimk69 Posts: 77member
    All the edges of the front glass look crappy to me.
    Even around the earpiece. Something's not right
    With these pictures. I don't think apple would leave
    The edges of the front glass looking like that. Unless
    What I'm seeing is just from the picture.
    But this is like the third different time in seeing
    The same metal back and frame. It does seem like thats
    The new phone.
  • Reply 51 of 82
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post


    The guy is good - a previous render effort of his:


     


    4673739469_e885711735.jpg


     


    From 2 years ago.


     


    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nepaltibet2005/4673739469/



     


    Wow that is by far the most beautiful product render I have seen of all time. I wish Apple official product photography was like this.

  • Reply 52 of 82
    gordygordy Posts: 971member


    What's with all of the "fake" posts?  The article clearly says it's a rendering--I mean, it's the first word in the title and everything.  Pretty impressive job, my compliments to the artist.

  • Reply 53 of 82
    akf2000akf2000 Posts: 223member


    The original article didn't say it was a render, it was updated later, (hence the "[u]").

  • Reply 54 of 82
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,946member
    gordy wrote: »
    What's with all of the "fake" posts?  The article clearly says it's a rendering--I mean, it's the first word in the title and everything.  Pretty impressive job, my compliments to the artist.
    akf2000 wrote: »
    The original article didn't say it was a render, it was updated later, (hence the "").

    Yes, the article was updated about six hours after the original posting. Interestingly enough, it looks like it was fixed about five minutes after I posted a link to one of those images from the guy's Flickr account, where he says what software he used.
  • Reply 55 of 82
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,215member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by LawOnMyPhone View Post



    If the photos are real, the phone is not running iOS 6.0. As you can see, the maps app is represented by the old maps icon. It is unlikely that a prototype phone would be running iOS 5 instead of a beta of iOS 6.


     


    It's not a photo it's a 3d render, based off the rumors that this same group of sites have been spreading to get hits. Frankly I suspect that we are about to have another iPhone 5 game. Every site was pushing those rumors, making such renders etc but it was all false. And this is likely to be as well. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if the reason Apple hasn't bought the hammer on these folks is that they know it's all false and they want folks so business assuming this is true that they aren't trying to find the truth. Apple might have actually started these rumors for this purpose. 

  • Reply 56 of 82
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,215member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by innocent_bystander View Post


    I find it suspicious that these purported leaked photos were posted to a Chinese website but feature a phone connected to AT&T's network (at 5 bars no less!) 



     


    To give the suggestion that the source was in the US, and thus very possible someone connected to Apple. 

  • Reply 57 of 82
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member


    Looking closely at previous photos/videos, it seemed to me that the glass might stick out a bit in front (as it does on the current model) but NOT on the back. I thought that was odd. Why stick out at all—just make the metal larger. But that’s what is seen here. Either the render’s creator saw the same thing I did in the existing alleged leaks, or has a legitimate source all their own.


     


    P.S. It amuses me that this is the BEST Apple fake ever, and yet we all know it’s fake :) (Still likely to be accurate, though.)

  • Reply 58 of 82
    fabsgwufabsgwu Posts: 78member


    The two-tone back reminds me of the first gen iPhone, a more sleek and modern interpretation of it - which is not a bad thing IMO.

  • Reply 59 of 82
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,946member
    nagromme wrote: »
    Looking closely at previous photos/videos, it seemed to me that the glass might stick out a bit in front (as it does on the current model) but NOT on the back. I thought that was odd. Why stick out at all—just make the metal larger. But that’s what is seen here. Either the render’s creator saw the same thing I did in the existing alleged leaks, or has a legitimate source all their own.

    It's not totally clear that the back has any glass in it, which would explain why the glass doesn't stick out. The video from a few days ago didn't show any gasketing on the back, which might suggest it's not glass.
  • Reply 60 of 82
    magic_almagic_al Posts: 325member


    Is this fifth or sixth generation? Going by Apple's model identifier code the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G were the same generation, the iPhone 3GS was 2nd generation, the iPhone 4 was 3rd generation, and the iPhone 4S is fourth generation.

Sign In or Register to comment.