Apple's bid to block June 21 US launch of Samsung Galaxy S III denied

Comments

• Reply 41 of 91
    e_veritase_veritas Posts: 248member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

There was also an injunction in Australia. Then there was the injunction against Android phones with the data mining feature. And a couple of wins against Motorola.

In the end, the important thing is what I stated. Apple isn't going to get rich off these law suits. But Samsung has stopped making identical copies of Apple products. That is Apple's main objective.

While you're drooling over which individual court battle Apple won or lost, Apple won the war. At least if the Galaxy SIII is any indication, the competitors have greatly toned down their blatant copying. That was the goal.

The injunction in Australia was overturned by a full bench and ruled to be inappropriate, so I don't know how you claim that as a victory. When you say 'data mining', I assume you mean Apple's "data tapping" patent, and that injunction request by Apple against Samsung was quickly dismissed. Regarding Motorola, I have no idea why you bring that up when we are discussing your "copying" allegations against Samsung.

The only one drooling over these issues is YOU with your incessant "copying" rants! The bottom line is that the court rulings are not siding with your point of view, and you will continue to be called out by myself and others in these forums until you decide to stop blatantly distorting the facts...

• Reply 42 of 91
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepy3 View Post

Actually, judging by the fcat Samsung sales seem to be increasing at an alarming clip year on year......

..... as can be seen by the ever increasing sales numbers. 

Samsung reported its Sales numbers somewhere?

LOL. You guys will believe anything....

• Reply 43 of 91
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalaxyTab View Post

Your experience may differ, be it down to bad luck or simple ineptitude on your part but my experience has been a positive one when it comes to expandable storage.

Cool! I am very happy for you!

• Reply 44 of 91

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerrySwitched26 View Post

I don't remember a single decisive win for Apple.  

They should  replace their General Counsel.

There you go... that should make you feel happier: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/150698/htc-drops-itc-lawsuit-against-apple

• Reply 45 of 91
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

I actually take any claim that they have posted their numbers seriously, as should you. One day they may really do it, and it'll be best for everyone to be ready to update their knowledge base if it happens. I've certainly been burnt before because I can't remember squat and default to old memories of outdated information.
  • Reply 46 of 91

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

There are many ways of extrapolating sales, and several companies are in the business of doing exactly that...

• Reply 47 of 91

Quote:

Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

There are many ways of extrapolating sales, and several companies are in the business of doing exactly that...

Yeah, sure. Do let us know when/if Samsung reports actual sales, will ya?

Until then, take your extrapolations somewhere else where people are more gullible, e.g., an Android forum.

• Reply 48 of 91
    gwydiongwydion Posts: 1,083member

Quote:

There you go... that should make you feel happier: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/150698/htc-drops-itc-lawsuit-against-apple

Can you point where is the win against Samsung?

• Reply 49 of 91
    galaxytabgalaxytab Posts: 122member
    Cool! I am very happy for you!

The post was not aimed at you but as your replied, do you care to share your experiences with faulty SD slots or cards or yourself ham fistedly breaking memory expansion in modern smartphones?

I assume your response is because your experience is different than mine.

You are quite the knight in shining armor aren't you!?
  • Reply 50 of 91

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned that the judge is a Korean American.  Before you say this is a racist comment please know that I am Koreans.  By helping Samsung with this victory will ensure a place in history for this judge in Korea.  25% of South Korea's economy is from Samsung.  The president of Samsung got caught with a $100 million dollar slush fund to pay off judges and lawyers in Korea yet never spent a single day in jail since the president of Korea pardoned him because sending him to jail would hurt the economy.  So help out Samsung with her stupid excuse translates to either fame or money or both. 

• Reply 51 of 91

Quote:

But Samsung has stopped making identical copies of Apple products. That is Apple's main objective.

While you're drooling over which individual court battle Apple won or lost, Apple won the war. At least if the Galaxy SIII is any indication, the competitors have greatly toned down their blatant copying. That was the goal.

If you're happy believing this, well for you

• Reply 52 of 91

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsung-sucks View Post

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned that the judge is a Korean American.

And? Are you accusing her of anything?

• Reply 53 of 91
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jragosta wrote: »
    There was also an injunction in Australia. Then there was the injunction against Android phones with the data mining feature. And a couple of wins against Motorola.
    In the end, the important thing is what I stated. Apple isn't going to get rich off these law suits. But Samsung has stopped making identical copies of Apple products. That is Apple's main objective.

Show me which Samsung device is a identical copy of a Apple device. Not looks similar but an exact copy front to back and in and out.
  • Reply 54 of 91
    sensisensi Posts: 346member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post

If you're happy believing this, well for you

Rather leave him alone, he is here relentlessly pushing ludicrous self-deceiving nonsense all the day long, today he is claiming that soldened memory chips could be somewhat safer than a sdcard, that you can't have the latter and a efficient battery, etc, more made-up arguments lacking any common sense and of course proven false... It is sadly helpless.

• Reply 55 of 91

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Show me which Samsung device is a identical copy of a Apple device. Not looks similar but an exact copy front to back and in and out.

Or you can ask him about any trial about identical copy against Samsung  won by Apple

• Reply 56 of 91
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    dasanman69 wrote: »

The Galaxy Tab was close enough that even Samsung's own attorney couldn't tell the difference. And that was an attorney who had been working with the two products to the exclusion of anything else for months. That's close enough to be considered a slavish copy.

gwydion wrote: »
    Or you can ask him about any trial about identical copy against Samsung  won by Apple

As pointed out above (and as you Apple-haters continue to ignore), Apple won the only thing that matters. Samsung, at least, has stopped making slavish copies of Apple products. The Galaxy SIII, while far too large for my taste and incredibly ugly, is not such a close copy of Apple products that it's nearly impossible to tell the difference.

Do you think Apple's goal was to win a few million dollars in a lawsuit? If so, you really don't have any clue how Apple works. Apple simply wanted to be able to maintain its unique position and put a stop to the slavish copying. If the Galaxy SIII is any sign, it looks like Apple succeeded.
  • Reply 57 of 91

Quote:

As pointed out above (and as you Apple-haters continue to ignore), Apple won the only thing that matters. Samsung, at least, has stopped making slavish copies of Apple products. The Galaxy SIII, while far too large for my taste and incredibly ugly, is not such a close copy of Apple products that it's nearly impossible to tell the difference.

When you don't have any argument do you insult the people you're arguing to?

Apple hater my a..., the one full of hatred is you and the one insulting everyone that don't have your opiniones are you

And no no Samsung phone was an slavishly copy of iPhones as courts have said,.Please, if you can't show any case were Apple has won, shut up and stop telling lies.

• Reply 58 of 91
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Give them an inch…

And they take 4.8". ~sigh~

• Reply 59 of 91

Quote:

The Galaxy Tab was close enough that even Samsung's own attorney couldn't tell the difference. And that was an attorney who had been working with the two products to the exclusion of anything else for months. That's close enough to be considered a slavish copy.

There you go blatantly distorting the facts again... Samsung's own attorney couldn't tell the difference from across a court room. Given enough distance, any two objects of similar size will be indistinguishable.

Quote:

As pointed out above (and as you Apple-haters continue to ignore), Apple won the only thing that matters. Samsung, at least, has stopped making slavish copies of Apple products. 

The point that others are making, and are supported by the majority of court case rulings, is that Samsung was NEVER making slavish copies of Apple products. Realizing this does not mean that someone is an "Apple-hater" as you claim, it simply means they are not a biased, blindly following lemming...

• Reply 60 of 91

Quote:

Yeah, sure. Do let us know when/if Samsung reports actual sales, will ya?

Until then, take your extrapolations somewhere else where people are more gullible, e.g., an Android forum.

Why do you think people are gullible for believing figures from companies like Nielsen, comScore, Juniper, etc? Are you suggesting that these analytics are not very accurate?

And how does Android have anything to do with calculating sales numbers for companies that don't release sales figures?