How to charge your iPod Touch WITHOUT a computer???

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Someone just told me that there is no charger for the ipod touch, that you HAVE to plug it into your computer to charge it!!!

This can't be true.

What if you don't have a laptop, and you're on the road? How are you suppose to charge it?

Does it come with an outlet charging option??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    You have to buy the USB power adapter (I think that's what they call it). Then you plug that into the wall, and the standard USB cable that comes with the iPod into that.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    I thought so. But the wall adapter isn't included right? Bummer! :-)

Hey, I've got another iPod Touch question...can you use Yahoo messenger on the Touch?
  • Reply 3 of 9

Where will you buy one though please help

P.s i live at 912 Nundubbermere rd Stanthorpe

Qld 4380 image

• Reply 4 of 9
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    bobob 456 wrote: »
    Where will you buy one though please help

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC359LL/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjA
  • Reply 5 of 9

Can't you just buy a cheap one that has at least 1.1A output at Monoprice or something? You can get them here in Hong Kong able to charge iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPad 3 and all that came before them for $5.

• Reply 6 of 9

(deleted)

• Reply 7 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan View Post

Hey, I've got another iPod Touch question...can you use Yahoo messenger on the Touch?

There are apps that can run Yahoo messenger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Can't you just buy a cheap one that has at least 1.1A output at Monoprice or something? You can get them here in Hong Kong able to charge iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPad 3 and all that came before them for $5.

These are very dangerous to use as they have cheap dangerous components that could destroy your device or start a fire.

• Reply 8 of 9
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    astrubhar wrote: »
    These are very dangerous to use as they have cheap dangerous components that could destroy your device or start a fire.

I doubt that. Monoprice's stuff is all awesome.

Though if you want my personal opinion, from what I've seen of the inside of Apple's componentry, I'd stick with Apple chargers.
  • Reply 9 of 9

This topic is kinda funny, but yea Monoprice isnt bad, i do know a few people with a bad experience but in my experience its been fine. But you can surely charge your ipod with a good 'ol fashion apple A1265 charging adapter