Discounted MacBook Pros with Retina display now in stock; 50% off AppleCare

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
While Apple's online store continues to list wait times of 2 to 3 weeks on new orders for its 15-inch MacBook Pros with Retina display, one of the company's authorized resellers -- which is also offering AppleInsider readers the lowest prices anywhere -- has received stock of the high-end model and is ready ship the new notebooks immediately. Separately, a second reseller is offering additional savings when purchasing new Macs alongside AppleCare.

Update: As of Thursday, July 18th, B&H Photo is reflecting immediate availability of the 2.3GHz 15.4" MacBook Pro with Retina Display for $2,199.00 and MacMall is also showing immediate availability of that model for $2,118.48, as well as the 2.6GHz 15.4" MacBook Pro with Retina Display for $2,700.48 (after applying AppleInsider coupon code "APPINSDRMWB33903"). Apple continues to list lead-times of 2-3 weeks for all MacBook Pro with Retina display orders and none of the the company's other authorized resellers are reflecting stock of either model.

MacBook Pro with Retina in stock

AppleInsider sponsor MacMall says its has immediate availability of Apple's new 2.6GHz 15" MacBook Pro with Retina display, which it's offering to AppleInsider readers for $2,700.48 when you click through the links in this article or those in our Mac Price Guide and then manually apply the 3% Promo code: APPINSDRMWB33196.

The same Promo code works on all of the reseller's other MacBook offerings by following the same procedure. In addition to the high-end MacBook Pro with Retina display -- which MacMall expects to sell through quickly -- the reseller is also reflecting immediate availability of the new 11-inch MacBook Airs (1, 2) and all of the new 13- and 15-in MacBook Pros (1, 2, 3, 4) without Retina display.

Each Mac purchase from MacMall also comes with free FedEx shipping and the option for a free copy of Parallels Desktop 7 after a rebate. The reseller's prices compared to Apple and other resellers can be seen every day in the Mac Price Guide, an excerpt of which is below:

Save 50% on AppleCare with new MacBooks

Separately, Apple authorized reseller B&H Photo is offering additional savings to readers who are looking to purchase Apple's 3-year AppleCare extended warranties alongside their new Mac, which normally retail for between $249 and $349.

When purchased alongside a new Mac (instructions below), B&H is selling those same AppleCare plans for $95 and $122, respectively -- a savings of more than 50%. The deals offer savings of up to $200 on new MacBook Airs with AppleCare and $237 on new MacBook Pros with AppleCare.

Please Note: in order to receive these discounted AppleCare prices, select your Mac of choice from the chart below and then add it to your B&H shopping cart. Then, from within the shopping cart, select the "Save 50% on Apple Care Protection Plan" link on the lower-right hand side, below the Mac price in red. (Do not use the checkbox on the left that reads "Add an AppleCare Protection Plan starting?"

BHPhoto

You should then be able to select the AppleCare item at the further reduced cost:

BHPhoto

And then apply it to your order by selecting Add All To Cart.

BHPhoto

Similarly, B&H is also allowing customers to add either a free copy of Parallel's Desktop 7 or FileMaker Bento 4 to their order from the same panel. Shipping on all Mac orders from B&H is also free.

The price guide below compares B&H's price for each of Apple's new MacBook models with 3-years of AppleCare to Apple's pricing for the same bundle, as well as MacMall's:
Macbook Air
MacBook Air
Apple MacMall B&H Photo & Video
Discount
?
1.70GHz 11" MacBook Air 64GB + 3-Year AppleCare $1,248.00 $1,213.18* $1,084.95 $163.05
1.70GHz 11" MacBook Air 128GB + 3-Year AppleCare $1,348.00 $1,310.18* $1,184.95 $163.05
1.80GHz 13" MacBook Air 128GB + 3-Year AppleCare $1,448.00 $1,402.33* $1,284.00 $200.00
1.80GHz 13" MacBook Air 256GB + 3-Year AppleCare $1,748.00 $1,693.33* $1,589.00 $159.00
MacBook Pro
2.5GHz dual 13" MacBook Pro + 3-Year AppleCare $1,448.00 $1,407.18* $1,284.00 $164.00
2.9GHz dual 13" MacBook Pro + 3-Year AppleCare $1,748.00 $1,698.18* $1,584.00 $164.00
2.3GHz quad 15" MacBook Pro + 3-Year AppleCare $2,148.00 $2,084.33* $1,911.00 $237.00
2.6GHz quad 15" MacBook Pro + 3-Year AppleCare $2,548.00 $2,472.33* $2,311.00 $237.00
MacBook Pro with Retina display
2.3GHz quad 15" MacBook Pro + 3-Year AppleCare $2,548.00 $2,467.48* $2,321.00 $227.00
2.6GHz quad 15" MacBook Pro + 3-Year AppleCare $3,148.00 $3,049.48* $2,921.00 $227.00
Deeper discounts are also listed for most of Apple's 2011 MacBook models in the Previous Generation Mac Price Guide. Supplies on these models are limited.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    That AppleCare discount make it really appealing. If they had a 13" RMBP I wouldn't be able to resist.
  • Reply 2 of 27
    8corewhore8corewhore Posts: 833member

I'll most likely buying my next Mac from B&H considering those discounts on Apple Care. Awesome.

• Reply 3 of 27

Ordered my MBPR from MacMall last Tuesday night. It delivered Friday morning. Love it. I was using an early 2006 MBP with 2GHz Core Duo. It's a nice upgrade.

• Reply 4 of 27
    8corewhore8corewhore Posts: 833member

I would imagine! Enjoy.

• Reply 5 of 27
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member

Nice advertisement, complete with how-to instructions and diagrams.

How about a forum that works correctly, instead?

• Reply 6 of 27
    applezillaapplezilla Posts: 941member
    Rentina?
  • Reply 7 of 27
    indiekidukindiekiduk Posts: 381member

B&H don't charge sales tax in CA? If so thats a huge 9% discount compared to MacMall.

• Reply 8 of 27
    dsilesdsiles Posts: 3member

Thanks for posting this... Just ordered tonight with Mac Mall the MBPR and have arranged for Saturday FedEx delivery.  Granted I had to call in and couldn't use the 3% discount, but they gave me a $100 restaurant.com giftcard and a nice discount offer on the AppleCare.

Now to wait like it is Christmas morning for the FedEx guy to ring the door bell.

• Reply 9 of 27
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That AppleCare discount make it really appealing. If they has a 13" RMBP is surely no be able to resist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

How about a forum that works correctly, instead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

Rentina?

What about you is complaining?

Can't you read the tekst as it layed up for you???

• Reply 10 of 27

Hi I'm just curious, is there any way that I could get MBP with Chinese Keyboard in USA? 

• Reply 11 of 27
    kakmankakman Posts: 14member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

They're just looking after their sponsors, no harm in that, in fact good on them I reckon. If I hadn't just ordered one locally I might have been prompted to buy one of the ones listed.

• Reply 12 of 27
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    kakman wrote: »
    They're just looking after their sponsors, no harm in that, in fact good on them I reckon. If I hadn't just ordered one locally I might have been prompted to buy one of the ones listed.

Agreed. They need to make enough money to keep the site active. I'd rather have them offering links where you can buy stuff and they get a kickback rather than endless tracking cookies, ads, and other crapware.

Oh, wait. They do both. Darn.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

The retina display MBP are also in stock at the downtown montreal apple store.

• Reply 14 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Unfortunately, none have the 16GB RAM.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    Just an FYI. I just added a maxed out configuration for the Retina MacBook Pro and it stated Call Us for Availability. I contacted them and the rep wrote, "no stock eta july."
  • Reply 16 of 27
    Just an FYI. I just added a maxed out configuration for the Retina MacBook Pro and it stated Call Us for Availability. I contacted them and the rep wrote, "no stock eta july."

That's obviously because no one would ever buy these overpriced computers. /s
  • Reply 17 of 27
    conrailconrail Posts: 489member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Or it's a new product that isn't shipping yet.  

Remember, since everything is hard wired at the factory, the resellers can't just slap in a couple of sticks or RAM anymore.  

• Reply 18 of 27
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member

Way to rich for me, though I do recall paying $2800 for an Apple II+ many years ago.  Mind you the II+ was at least 10x better than what I had at the time.

• Reply 19 of 27
    conrail wrote: »
    Or it's a new product that isn't shipping yet.  

But since some people report having received the 16 GB model already, that's not the problem.
    tjwal wrote: »
    Way to rich for me, though I do recall paying $2800 for an Apple II+ many years ago.  Mind you the II+ was at least 10x better than what I had at the time.

You do realize that $2800 in Apple II+ days is comparable to $6700 in today's currency.
  • Reply 20 of 27
    johndoe98johndoe98 Posts: 278member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

They are no more priced than any of Apple's other offerings so why are you complaining? Is Apple too expensive for you? Then why are you posting on an Apple forum?

If you mean specifically the Retinas, they are a much better deal than the classic MBPs. Notice the price difference between the 15" base models is 400$, exactly the upgrade cost of the SSD that is included in the Retina model, yet the Retina model has twice the RAM and twice the VRAM and a Retina screen, and all you loose is an ethernet port and optical drive, for which replacements can be purchase for 30$ and 80$ respectively.