Apple's iPhone 4S remains top selling smartphone at Verizon

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Isn't Verizon a part of the Open Handset Alliance, in other words, Android? The wonder is that the iPhone is sold at all at Verizon. That it is the top seller is mind boggling.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    agramonteagramonte Posts: 345member

so you just pick the one analist that supports your purchase - simple human behavior - regardless the one thing this does show is that top Android phones are not free, people are willing to pay for them now. 

• Reply 43 of 54
    gwydiongwydion Posts: 1,083member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

Isn't Verizon a part of the Open Handset Alliance, in other words, Android? The wonder is that the iPhone is sold at all at Verizon. That it is the top seller is mind boggling.

No, it isn't

• Reply 44 of 54
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    mac voyer wrote: »

Only t-mobile and Sprint are members in the US:
    http://www.openhandsetalliance.com/oha_members.html

Of course, the iPhone 4S is still #1 at Sprint, as well, so your point still applies.
  • Reply 45 of 54

no Hellacool can't understand, he is a troll, he is a fandroid who only likes android because you can steal everything, free isn't better.

• Reply 46 of 54
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    ….android because you can steal everything, free isn't better.

You can also steal everything in iOS. That's a bit of a stretch assumption-wise.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    sorry but you do not know what you are talking about.

there's (let's say) 10 high end android phones.
    there's 1000 medium end android phones.

there's 10000000 low end android phones.

the high end accounts for less than 20% of all android phone activations (if they activate 900.000 per day).

can you understand?

samsung sold less than 40 million galaxy (s, s2, note) to date and they outsold all other OEMs. the galaxy will appear very high on every list, but only 1 in 10 android users will buy it.

do the math troll.

can you understand the logic or are you so limited and also busy in your little basement?

Hahahahahahahaha. Did you wet yourself typing all that up?
  • Reply 48 of 54
    hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    no Hellacool can't understand, he is a troll, he is a fandroid who only likes android because you can steal everything, free isn't better.

If you are going to personally attack someone atleast post it fast enough to correspond with the proper post so it makes sense.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    [quote]Originally Posted by pedromartins

sorry but you do not know what you are talking about.

there's (let's say) 10 high end android phones.
    there's 1000 medium end android phones.

there's 10000000 low end android phones.[/quote]

ROTFLMAO.

Let's do a little math using your numbers.

Is it fair to say that the Galaxy phones are all high end phones using your definition.

You claim that low end phones outsell high end by 1 million to one - so Samsung must have sold 40 trillion low end phones last year.

Or maybe you want to call the Galaxy phones 'medium' (although I doubt that Samsung wants their best phone called 'medium end', but have it your way). That would mean that Samsung sold 40 Android phones for every person on the planet last year. Want to bet?

[quote] the high end accounts for less than 20% of all android phone activations (if they activate 900.000 per day).

can you understand?

samsung sold less than 40 million galaxy (s, s2, note) to date and they outsold all other OEMs. the galaxy will appear very high on every list, but only 1 in 10 android users will buy it.

do the math troll.[/quote]

OK, if that wasn't enough, let's do some more math.

Let's use your new figure that high end phones account for 20% of all Android phone activations. So 40 M Galaxy phones means that Samsun sold 200 M Android phones last year - which is more than twice the TOTAL number of phones Samsung sold last year (smartphones AND feature phones).

Seems to me that you shouldn't be chiding anyone else about math.

[quote] can you understand the logic or are you so limited and also busy in your little basement?[/quote]

Maybe when you reach puberty, you'll realize how lame you sound.

Meanwhile, the next time you want to completely fabricate numbers, try to make them reasonable.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    michael scripmichael scrip Posts: 1,916member
    The Canaccord chart in the article is interesting. I'd love to know the difference between 1st and 2nd place on each carrier.

On AT&T... the iPhone 4S is in first place with the Lumia 900 in second place.

But... the iPhone represents 76% of all AT&T smartphone sales. (when combined with iPhone 4 and 3GS)

Still though... there must be a huge gap between 1st and 2nd place on that chart.

What's funny is the iPhone 4S is $200 and the Lumia 900 is only $100.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Let us not forget that not long ago Apple sold zero iPhones through Verizon which makes talk of Android gaining ground seem odd.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    pedromartinspedromartins Posts: 1,333member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

ROTFLMAO.

Let's do a little math using your numbers.

Is it fair to say that the Galaxy phones are all high end phones using your definition.

You claim that low end phones outsell high end by 1 million to one - so Samsung must have sold 40 trillion low end phones last year.

Or maybe you want to call the Galaxy phones 'medium' (although I doubt that Samsung wants their best phone called 'medium end', but have it your way). That would mean that Samsung sold 40 Android phones for every person on the planet last year. Want to bet?

OK, if that wasn't enough, let's do some more math.

Let's use your new figure that high end phones account for 20% of all Android phone activations. So 40 M Galaxy phones means that Samsun sold 200 M Android phones last year - which is more than twice the TOTAL number of phones Samsung sold last year (smartphones AND feature phones).

Seems to me that you shouldn't be chiding anyone else about math.

Maybe when you reach puberty, you'll realize how lame you sound.

Meanwhile, the next time you want to completely fabricate numbers, try to make them reasonable.

sorry, but were you unable to understand that i was just giving examples to demonstrate my point (basically there are much fewer high end models than low end, so even if the high end models appear in the first positions, the truth is that android "strength" is the low end market.)

i am going to ignore the rest of your post, otherwise i would have to never read your comments.

maybe you were distracted or maybe you were thinking that you were talking to hellacool.

• Reply 53 of 54
    sorry, but were you unable to understand that i was just giving examples to demonstrate my point (basically there are much fewer high end models than low end, so even if the high end models appear in the first positions, the truth is that android "strength" is the low end market.)

i am going to ignore the rest of your post, otherwise i would have to never read your comments.

maybe you were distracted or maybe you were thinking that you were talking to hellacool.

IOW, you were pulling things out of your butt that you have no evidence for and can't back up.

Just like the rest of the trolls around here.
  • Reply 54 of 54
    pedromartinspedromartins Posts: 1,333member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

IOW, you were pulling things out of your butt that you have no evidence for and can't back up.

Just like the rest of the trolls around here.

examples! it wasn't to be taken literally. there's much more lower end android phones (models) than high end.

if you are that stupid, sorry. i'm not trying to offend you, only stating that your lack of capacity to "read" what i meant is sad.