Apple update brings RAW support for four new cameras

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday rolled out an update that adds RAW compatibility for three Canon models and one Sony camera to Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11 users.

Apple's Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.14 allows users running Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11 in OS X Lion to work with RAW image data files from the following cameras:
  • Canon EOS Rebel T4i

• Canon 650D

• Canon Kiss X6i

• Sony Alpha SLT-A37
RAW

The 7.9 MB update can be downloaded through Apple's Support Downloads page or Software Update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dpsealdpseal Posts: 1member

Two cameras...

Canon EOS Rebel T4i / 650D / Kiss X6i are the same camera.

• Reply 2 of 5
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    Guess it doesn't apply to ML users.........
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dgkanterdgkanter Posts: 10member

The "in Lion" is likely true, but as written, it implied for Lion; however, the update reported it was installed successfully and I'm running Snow Leopard (v10.6.8)--with iPhoto '11 v9.2.3 (629.52).  I wish articles were accurate about all the Operating System(s) that support the update.

• Reply 4 of 5
    ktappektappe Posts: 824member

It now occurs to me I probably shouldn't have just bought a Samsung camera. With their ongoing lawsuits, it'll be a cold day in Hades before Apple adds any type of support for it.  

• Reply 5 of 5
    tops4utops4u Posts: 1member

Great... what about other Cams like Fuji X-10 for instance... Available for more than half a Year and still iPhoto can't understand the RAW Files (while even Lightroom 3.x can).