Apple releases minor Aperture update, printer drivers

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Thursday released a minor fix for its Aperture software and a batch of printer drivers for OS X.

Aperture 3.3.1

Apple has posted Aperture version 3.3.1 for download on its support website and in the Mac App Store. The release is intended to address an issue that could cause the program to hang or quit unexpectedly when upgrading libraries.

The update, which has a file size of 528.37MB, is recommended for all Aperture 3 users and requires OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later.

Aperture got a significant upgrade to version 3.3 earlier this month to add Retina Display-compatibility for the new MacBook Pro. Other additions include a unified photo library with iPhoto, support for AVCHD video and a number of other tools and tweaks for the software.

Aperture 3
Source: Apple

Printer Drivers

The Cupertino, Calif., company also issued on Thursday a large set of new OS X printer drivers for a range of manufacturers:

NRG Printer Drivers v2.3
InfoPrint Printer Drivers v2.3
Lanier Printer Drivers v2.3
Savin Printer Drivers v2.3
Ricoh Printer Drivers v2.3
Gestetner Printer Drivers v2.3
Infotec Printer Drivers v2.3
Lexmark Printer Driver v2.8
Epson Printer Drivers v2.10
Canon Printer Drivers v2.9

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Why not just wait two days for this? Won't Apple have to push new updates out when MobileMe dies off, anyway?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    minor, indeed. when ISPs start metered billing then these 500MB+ "minor" updates will become troublesome.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    pooch wrote: »
    minor, indeed. when ISPs start metered billing then these 500MB+ "minor" updates will become troublesome.

When ISPs start metered billing, there will be riots.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Hmm metered billing? Is it overly different to what I use now? Here in NZ we pretty much all have caps on usage per month... my cap is 120GB, though I can buy more data chunks if needed.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

When ISPs start metered billing, there will be riots.

riots? along with most others, i can't even get off my substantial posterior to protest true social injustice, let alone metered billing.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    pooch wrote: »
    riots? along with most others, i can't even get off my substantial posterior to protest true social injustice, let alone metered billing.

You just watch…
  • Reply 7 of 11
    vadaniavadania Posts: 425member
    So Europe has us beat on cell phone data packages, we have them beat on cable connection. Which would you rather have?

I WILL join a riot if they cap cable or fiber connections! I promise that.

Anyway, more to the thread... Aperture is probably the best piece of software I ever purchased. It's just awesome!
  • Reply 8 of 11
    macslutmacslut Posts: 514member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadania View Post

...Aperture is probably the best piece of software I ever purchased. It's just awesome!

I'd second that!  The pricing of it is incredible.  I wish I had migrated from iPhoto a long time ago.  One word of caution.  3.3.1 is still full of bugs.  I'd wait to upgrade.

• Reply 9 of 11
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    vadania wrote: »
    So Europe has us beat on cell phone data packages, we have them beat on cable connection. Which would you rather have?
    I WILL join a riot if they cap cable or fiber connections! I promise that.
    Anyway, more to the thread... Aperture is probably the best piece of software I ever purchased. It's just awesome!

Excellent statements, both. Do wish Apple got crackin' on an update; it's getting long in the tooth with the latest version being from Feb 9, 2010. Yep, current version is older than any Mac Pro update in history.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    macslut wrote: »
    I'd second that!  The pricing of it is incredible.  I wish I had migrated from iPhoto a long time ago.  One word of caution.  3.3.1 is still full of bugs.  I'd wait to upgrade.

Pricing is nice, now. Wasn't the case with version 1.0, being $ 499
  • Reply 11 of 11

"So Europe has us beat on cell phone data packages, we have them beat on cable connection. Which would you rather have?"

Yes, I'm really crying about the lack of cable in my Swiss residence. I have to make do with 100mbps fiber, landline, iPhone unlimited voice and text + 250mb plan, superb movie download service, tv that delivers channels from all over the world and a great modem/wifi router good enough that I retired my AEBS.  But I have to spend $129/month for everything as this is one of the most expensive countries in the world to live.

It helps to understand what you're talking about.