Apple wins injunction against Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone

Comments

• Reply 161 of 379
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    I agree, that in terms of programming, a tap is a zero length swipe although explaining this concept to non-programmers is likely challenging.

I'd flip that. I'd say a swipe is a multipoint tap or an active tap.
  • Reply 162 of 379
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    24 hours without electricity and I come back to this gem… Very once.
    bwhagain wrote: »
    Wow this is big, but arn't all Android phones infringing the same patents? Why just this one phone being singled out?

You establish a precedent first, then you use it to get the rest taken care of.
    Right. Their attitude is get someone on the board of another company and rip off all the IP you can.

Ooh, now you're gonna get all the crap about how
    fredaroony wrote: »
    Did she see one of these too?
    LL

You need to stop posting this image.
    sdw2001 wrote: »
    :lol: Right.  Uh, no. 

Shh… let him dream.
    TLDR

TMDAFTSTDR.

That's "Too many duplicate accounts from the same troll; didn't read".
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I'd flip that. I'd say a swipe is a multipoint tap or an active tap.

Then you have to define what "active" is…
  • Reply 163 of 379
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member
    hill60 wrote: »
    So JellyBean with butter will finally stop the inherent Android lag, wasn't it Ice Cream Sandwich that was going to do that?

Wasn't Gingerbread the answer to the lag or was that eclair?

you just wait until lubricated friedpotato runs on the next generation andrioidy phone.

it will show you ...!
  • Reply 164 of 379

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

A line is, by definition, a two dimensional object.

Surely a Doctor of Science would know that a line is a one dimensional object.  By definition.

• Reply 165 of 379
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member
    deleted double post
  • Reply 166 of 379

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

A point being a zero-length line looks accurate to me

If so, then a point is also a zero-length and zero-height cube.  Or sphere.  Or ...

Words have meanings.  Especially to Euclid.

• Reply 167 of 379
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubernabei View Post

So the notification bar, new on iOS 5 isn't ripping off Android? 

Actually, no it is a rip off of MobileNotifier, a Cydia application for jailbroken iPhones. Apple hired the developer. 

• Reply 168 of 379
    applegreenapplegreen Posts: 421member

I wonder if the new Galaxy S III will be banned as well.  That would give Samsung/Google a big wedgie !!

• Reply 169 of 379

What a wonderful life I have. I can't wait for Apple to take less than .5% of their huge amount of cash and screw Google and Samsung until they scream for mercy and bow down to the real electronics company.

• Reply 170 of 379
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Surely a Doctor of Science would know that a line is a one dimensional object.  By definition.

My mistake. Yes, of course, it's a one dimensional object.

The point is that a line has one dimension and extends in both directions to infinity. A point has zero dimensions. A point can not be a line any more than a line can be a cube.
  • Reply 171 of 379
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Why do people equate writing checks as innovation? Apple didn't invent Siri, develop or have anything to do with it. They wrote a check for it. Smart, very, innovative, not very.

You are confusing inventive with innovative.  Apple was not inventive with Siri, but they are very innovative.  The difference is innovation is not about invention, it is about the ability to make an invention ubiquitous through some extra non-inventive twists.  

So yes, picking the correct check to write is a key part of innovation. 

• Reply 172 of 379

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Citation needed

Only for those who refuse to accept the last two years of tech lawsuit reporting at face value.

• Reply 173 of 379

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

My mistake. Yes, of course, it's a one dimensional object.

The point is that a line has one dimension and extends in both directions to infinity. A point has zero dimensions. A point can not be a line any more than a line can be a cube.

Well your PhD in "Science" sure is lacking in even basic mathematical rigor.  I don't even need to start discussing projections to get to that point (every pun intended).

Either you are a PhD in a soft science that barely recognizes the term mathematics (thinking stats is all you need to know), you got the degree out of a mill printer, or you are just flat out making crap up. Take any math from multivariable calculus on and it is impossible to make any statements like you just did, your mind would crawl itself into a singularity before allowing those thoughts to get out.

• Reply 174 of 379
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerrySwitched26 View Post

For real work I use a quad-core i7 machine with lots of RAM.  Do you write novels on your telephone?  Construct spreadsheets?  What do you mean by "real work"?

You have to remember he is probably just a retail sales droid with no real responsibility.

• Reply 175 of 379

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You need to stop posting this image.

Only post it when its relevant and in many cases it is.

• Reply 176 of 379
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    hiro wrote: »
    Well your PhD in "Science" sure is lacking in even basic mathematical rigor.  I don't even need to start discussing projections to get to that point (every pun intended).

Either you are a PhD in a soft science that barely recognizes the term mathematics (thinking stats is all you need to know), you got the degree out of a mill printer, or you are just flat out making crap up. Take any math from multivariable calculus on and it is impossible to make any statements like you just did, your mind would crawl itself into a singularity before allowing those thoughts to get out.

Uh huh. And you're some sort of uber super genius who has never made a mistake.

Sorry, but when did chemistry become a 'soft science'?
  • Reply 177 of 379
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    fredaroony wrote: »
    Only post it when its relevant and in many cases it is.

It's never relevant. It's like posting a picture of a cloud that looks like Snoopy and claiming Charles Schulz stole the idea from mother nature. The fact is LCDs are flat, they have borders, these borders are usually black. You don't comprehend or are purposely trolling — not sure which is more pathetic — when you post a stupid pic from one angle of common technology. Funny how you never post any other aspect or detail about the device nor have ever noted that all the features you think Apple stole from Samsung existed long before that.
  • Reply 178 of 379

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's never relevant. It's like posting a picture of a cloud that looks like Snoopy and claiming Charles Schulz stole the idea from mother nature. The fact is LCDs are flat, they have borders, these borders are usually black. You don't comprehend or are purposely trolling — not sure which is more pathetic — when you post a stupid pic from one angle of common technology. Funny how you never post any other aspect or detail about the device nor have ever noted that all the features you think Apple stole from Samsung existed long before that.

Of course it is, it looks like a iPad but came out before the iPad, period.

• Reply 179 of 379
    tooltalktooltalk Posts: 766member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Heh heh. As a shareholder, I am willing to forsake 0.018315% of Apple's market cap for the sheer fun of it! 

not that it would make any difference, but feel free to donate all your shares of Apple to the Apple Legal Defense fund.  

• Reply 180 of 379
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »

I dont think his trying to say that Apple stole the design from Samsung. Merely that Samsung did have devices with that form factor before the iPad came out. Let's hope Apple doesnt get caught in a lie again like they did in Germany.

http://www.brandidentitytheft.com/blog/aa840358dd9711e094224abfe0de1c23/The_Case_of_the_Identical_Tablet:_Apple_vs_Samsung

fredaroony I got a new pic you can post over and over