Developers suspect App Store mix-up led to corrupt binaries

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    intel wrote: »
    Way to go Apple, they just removed mine and any other negative reviews about this issue. I know for a fact I will no longer be making purchases through Apple, they aren't responsible enough.

Bye. I'm sure you'll have better luck with Google and PC manufacturers. They're the embodiment of responsibility.
  • Reply 22 of 26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

this advertisement brought to you by ...

The original story listed apps that were affected. Mine were affected so I listed them. If I had been advertising them I would have mentioned what the apps do and all their great features or provided a link to my web site. I hate spam as much as you do and won't do it to promote my own apps.

• Reply 23 of 26
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant Buell View Post

Cool straw man, bro.

Screen Shot 2012-07-06 at 5.20.04 PM.png

• Reply 25 of 26
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why so Siri?

I actually came across this and was going to use it in the "Apple sued for allegedly infringing Chinese Siri-like patent" thread:

sticker,375x360.png

Alas, I had already gone over my Siri joke quota for the day.

Bummer.

• Reply 26 of 26
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    clemynx wrote: »
    Is that supposed to be funny, or original?
    Errors happen, no need to go into hyperbole mode now to defend Apple. No one said that it was such a big deal.

Marco made it out to be a huge deal. Massively huge deal. Demanding answers from Appke on behalf of the users and developers, getting his 15 minutes and lots of press or his app which might sooner be rendered unneeded for many.

The DRM server had an issue for some users, possibly due to higher traffic because of the holiday and all the markdowns pushing in traffic. It happens, even if Apple has 1000 servers in each country it would still happen. We have no idea how many users were effected to no if it was 1 for each update, 100, 1000, 1 million etc. or how long each update took to fix the glitch. but like all things Apple it is made out like they remotely killed every device out there.

And there is talk that Apple is going to offline all reviews from during that period and remove any that are negatives due to this issue, or at least do so at developer request if the app was one that launched an update during that time. So they aren't ignoring them developers plight on that front either.