Federal court denies Samsung motion to stay Galaxy Tab injunction, grants Nexus stay [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by enrigonz View Post

What a crappy decision!

Competition is what drives companies to perfect their products and to make them affordable. While I really appreciate the quality of Apple devices and have bought a few throughout my lifetime, I hate to see them trying to stop any other company from competing against them simply because the product looks like one of theirs.

Go buy one of those cheap Chinese copies of the phone of your choice.

That's the "competition" you are wanting.

• Reply 22 of 37
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member

So your reading comprehension is no better than Googleguy's. We already knew that - you didn't need to prove it.
  • Reply 23 of 37
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

Another expensive legal stalemate in progress.

Expensive for who?

Apple??

LOL with the money they make every quarter they could sustain these legal battles indefinitely. It's only "expensive" for the small fry. 

And more power to Apple if they feel they have a valid dispute. That's what the courts are there for. And by the looks of it they're doing their job.

• Reply 24 of 37
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So your reading comprehension is no better than Googleguy's. We already knew that - you didn't need to prove it.

If name-calling and insults are all you have left to turn to, why bother to even respond then? In case you forget how you wanted others to conduct themselves when replying to you, your request is still in my sig. It's a two-way street sir.

If you'd rather not attract so much negative feedback when you make errors (seems a bit more frequent lately) try not to be so arrogant and belligerant with the other members here. We can all respectfully disagree and get on with things rather than suffer the playground antics that your replies often rely on and encourage others to use in retaliation. It certainly discourages new members from posting anything at all in fear of being ridiculed for anything not perfectly adhering to your view of what the truth should be.

I've no doubt you're a smart guy but it doesn't show when all you can think to say is "I know you are but what am I" .

• Reply 25 of 37
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by enrigonz View Post

What a crappy decision!

Competition is what drives companies to perfect their products and to make them affordable. While I really appreciate the quality of Apple devices and have bought a few throughout my lifetime, I hate to see them trying to stop any other company from competing against them simply because the product looks like one of theirs.

Crocodile-Tears.jpg

Please.

There's plenty of "competition" in the form of hundreds of Android-powered devices. You've got a lot to choose from. 

• Reply 26 of 37
    drealothdrealoth Posts: 79member

Who wants to bet that since this whole thing started, the legal fees paid by both sides was greater than the potential profits on the sales of the Galaxy Nexus for the same period of time?

• Reply 27 of 37

As FOSS patents pointed out, I wonder if the fact Google made an announcement that a softwarepatch would be ready "in days" is going to hurt them. If they can fix it that easily, then how can they claim damages by a ban?

Perhaps Google should have kept their mouths shut about the fix until after they found out it their appeal to get the ban lifted would pass.

• Reply 28 of 37
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    enrigonz wrote: »
    What a crappy decision!

I hope Apple makes the next iPhone $ 2799 so we'd have less people using them, which in turn would have less people babbling on Apple forums.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    drealoth wrote: »
    Who wants to bet that since this whole thing started, the legal fees paid by both sides was greater than the potential profits on the sales of the Galaxy Nexus for the same period of time?

I doubt if that's true, but even if it is, it's irrelevant. Apple's not interested in the short term gains or expenses - they're in it for the long haul. Their goal is to get people to stop making blatant copies of their products.

Look at the Galaxy Tab and compare it to the original iPad. Even Samsung's attorneys couldn't tell the difference.

Now, compare the Galaxy SIII to the iPhone 4S. Very different appearance.

If the SIII is any indication, maybe companies are starting to get the message that they should develop their own designs rather than simply copying Apple.
  • Reply 30 of 37
    gatorguy wrote: »
    If name-calling and insults are all you have left to turn to, why bother to even respond then? In case you forget how you wanted others to conduct themselves when replying to you, your request is still in my sig. It's a two-way street sir.

If you'd rather not attract so much negative feedback when you make errors (seems a bit more frequent lately) try not to be so arrogant and belligerant with the other members here. We can all respectfully disagree and get on with things rather than suffer the playground antics that your replies often rely on and encourage others to use in retaliation. It certainly discourages new members from posting anything at all in fear of being ridiculed for anything not perfectly adhering to your view of what the truth should be.

I've no doubt you're a smart guy but it doesn't show when all you can think to say is "I know you are but what am I" .

And, yet, you fail to address the fact that you both were misquoting me and I was simply pointing that fact out.

Sorry, googleguy, but you're not in any position to accuse anyone of anything. Other than jerrytroll, it is widely recognized that you're a troll who rarely has anything of value to add.
  • Reply 31 of 37

Samsung is getting their just due. Although they are changing their form factor so they aren't such a blatant ripp off of apple , there still its the glaring problem of their dumb(android smart)phones being junk.... as all of android is

• Reply 32 of 37
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Sorry, googleguy, but you're not in any position to accuse anyone of anything. Other than jerrytroll, it is widely recognized that you're a troll who rarely has anything of value to add.

*sigh*

• Reply 33 of 37

Quote:

And your ability to explain haw the two statements go together is ... somewhat less so.

• Reply 34 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I've no doubt you're a smart guy

IMO, your credulity is misplaced.

• Reply 35 of 37

IMO, your credulity is misplaced.

OK, since you apparently can't comprehend simple English.

What I said is that by its actions, the Appeals court indicated that the injunction was warranted but that they were sending it back to Koh so she could issue the injunction and that if she didn't so so, they might do so.

YOU and googleguy said that I claimed that the Appeals Court ordered her to issue an injunction.

Ask your 2nd grade teacher to explain the difference in those statements.
  • Reply 36 of 37

Quote:

OK, since you apparently can't comprehend simple English.

What I said is that by its actions, the Appeals court indicated that the injunction was warranted but that they were sending it back to Koh so she could issue the injunction and that if she didn't so so, they might do so.

YOU and googleguy said that I claimed that the Appeals Court ordered her to issue an injunction.

Ask your 2nd grade teacher to explain the difference in those statements.

Ask your mommy why honest people admit their errors and weasels split hairs.

• Reply 37 of 37
    Ask your mommy why honest people admit their errors and weasels split hairs.

Ask your mommy why ignorant trolls post drivel all the time.