Business 'booming' for banned Apple products in Iran

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    kevtkevt Posts: 195member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple products are said to be so readily available in Iran that devices can often be found at prices not much higher than they sell for in the U.S.

... as they are in the rest of the world.

• Reply 22 of 28
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Not funny. Nuclear weapons are not a laughing matter, as the Americans have demonstrated in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Watch the music video for "Land of Confusion" by Genesis and I think you'd disagree...

• Reply 23 of 28
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Not funny. Nuclear weapons are not a laughing matter, as the Americans have demonstrated in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Ahh yes but Americans will tell you "it was needed"...

• Reply 24 of 28
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member

Quote:

Though Apple's products are banned from sale in Iran due to U.S. sanctions, unauthorized sales remain big business in the Middle Eastern country, according to a new profile.

This statement is incorrect. Apple products are not banned from sale in Iran. The correct statement should be "Apple is banned from exporting their product to Iran" or "Apple is banned from selling products in Iran by the US government".

• Reply 25 of 28
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member

Good luck to the Iranians I hope they enjoy their Apple products. There's too much hatred in the world as it is.

I spent a few years growing up in the middle east. They get an unfair press in the west but most people are hard working family people and very friendly.

salam alaikum

• Reply 26 of 28
    American products get it, are banned from being exported into Iran. Surely, there is other legal way they could sell this w/o resorting the black market e.g. like importing through other channel or third parties. Much like weapon of war. Business as usual. Nothing to see hear. Besides, Apple gets the money it is not it is fake or anything and plenty here own Apple stock, support US business etc. Move along.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    haarhaar Posts: 563member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

A barbie doll with tattoos. Never knew. I've been out of the loop longer than I thought! image

Infidels!!!

LOL

funny, goto "barbie . com", click on the collector/designer barbie, you will find it there.

problem is that it was an extremely limited edition, and was sold-out immediately.

(IMO it was the only barbie worth owning... but I digress)

and for what it is worth...that barbie was probably most realistic barbie made, ironically. (all the others have the form of unrealistic expectations of the female form) 

• Reply 28 of 28
    eimanzeimanz Posts: 2member

U.S / Iran Sanctions are a murky subject, but what's clear is that an Apple Store employee is not allowed to discriminate against anyone just because of the language they speak. There are now multiple reports that some Apple employees in Georgia are doing just that: asking what language their customer are speaking and deciding not to sell the product because "Iran and U.S. have bad relations." 

Apple needs to respond by reiterating its non-discrimination policy, and making sure their employees are properly trained on how the Iran / US sanctions don't necessarily mean Iranian-Americans can't buy Apple products. 

Here's more details about it: http://www.niacouncil.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=8319

And while you're at it, check out the #1 Persian game for iOS, Hokm for Hustlers!! (made by yours truly)

It's FREE. www.hokmfree.info 

And PAID: www.hokm.info

=) 

Eiman