is Apple planning for The New iPad to go through a complete overhaul ?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014

I am dearly hoping every bit of this to not to be true.

As reported last week there is this report (apparently rumour as of now ) which has been reported on Digitimes, the ever so reliable source as far as Apple News is concerned. Digitimes has reported that leading to such a public furore and uproar of the new iPad overheating so much (Which I am still not able to fathom what the Heck People are talking about ?? ) that Apple is secretly thinking about making a drastic makeover to the current New iPad by changing the current IPS DUAL LED Screen to Single LED IGZO Display screen there by also reducing the battery size to half of what it is right now.

My question is, how on earth ?? in middle of a product life cycle can Apple make such a big overhaul to the product, is it profitable? is it feasible? in terms of resources used, time used, engineering technology used everything it just makes no sense atall to do this right now. I seriously hope this is just a rumour and nothing else.

I am getting worried coz I had owned the new iPad but due to display flaws returned it and have decided on to wait till things stabilise but that in no ways means that I am ready to compromise on a completely new Product Technology from what they released in the first 5 months of the releasing this product. How can Apple expect half of the people in world be using a iPad-3 which is a different product and remaining the other. I sincerely wish and pray that this does not happen and become true. I have already tasted blood in the form of how brilliant the current new iPad is (To the Lucky one's who have got perfect screens) and no ways am I ready to now see a changed product. Gosh what a shocker ! Must say,  Apple you are preety good in playing deceptive games !

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I've never heard of any of that. Not once have I heard of it overheating. They're not making an overhaul, nor is there any reason to think that until iFixit happens to tear one down and finds a different display.

And it's impossible for the display to somehow half the battery life.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    augustyaaugustya Posts: 109member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I've never heard of any of that. Not once have I heard of it overheating. They're not making an overhaul, nor is there any reason to think that until iFixit happens to tear one down and finds a different display.

But even you guys have covered it as an Article, It has been reported here aswell...How can iFixit find it right now. It is still to happen, reportedly Apple plans to introduce the new AVATAR of the New iPad in the Holiday season in U.S which is what? End of November till about End of Christmas.

• Reply 3 of 19
    Okay, first, what? I still don't understand what you're claiming here.

Second, DigiTimes.
  • Reply 4 of 19

Quote:

Okay, first, what? I still don't understand what you're claiming here.

Second, DigiTimes.

No I am not claiming anything, I was completely taken aback and preplexed and pissed off when I read this news and so I just thought let me ask what people think about this ? 

Does Digitimes not have the reputation of getting inside scoops and leaked information from Apple ?

• Reply 5 of 19
    augustya wrote: »
    No I am not claiming anything, I was completely taken aback and perplexed and pissed off when I read this news and so I just thought let me ask what people think about this ?

I think the article you read said that Apple forwent the displays to which you think they're switching because of the terrible power draw. I believe I remember something like that.
    Does Digitimes not have the reputation of getting inside scoops and leaked information from Apple ?

They have a flawless reputation of being wrong in every sense of the word every time. :lol:
  • Reply 6 of 19

so this could be true ? right ?

• Reply 7 of 19
    so this could be true ? right ?

How about posting a link to this article first?
  • Reply 8 of 19

Quote:

How about posting a link to this article first?

There you go....

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120704PD220.html

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120629PB202.html

• Reply 9 of 19
    There you go....

All righty, how about copying and pasting the text HERE, then? :lol:

I ain't givin' DigiTimes one cent.
  • Reply 10 of 19

Quote:

All righty, how about copying and pasting the text HERE, then? image

I ain't givin' DigiTimes one cent.

Uh ? What ? R u playing any game with me ? why cant u open the links above ?

• Reply 11 of 19
    [QUOTE]R u playing any game with me ?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing.

[QUOTE]why cant u open the links above ?[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://forums.appleinsider.com/image/id/172134/width/522/height/128][IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/image/id/172134/width/522/height/128[/IMG][/URL]
  • Reply 12 of 19

Quote:

Quote:

R u playing any game with me ?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Quote:

why cant u open the links above ?

Ok now I get what you say, But the links mentioned above are digitimes.com links so why would you now want access to their paid stuff ? It is not some third party website reporting via digitmes.com

• Reply 13 of 19
    Ok now I get what you say, But the links mentioned above are digitimes.com links so why would you now want access to their paid stuff ?

Why in sweet frick would I ever want to pay for access to a website that does absolutely nothing but lie about everything?

Either post the text of the article here for everyone to review and rebut or you're going to have to just believe outright that Apple isn't going to switch to a new LCD panel that would halve battery life.
  • Reply 14 of 19

Ok,

I got to write today to the reporter who had covered that article on digitimes.com and he replied back saying a couple of things.

1. He thinks (According to his sources) that Apple is very unlikely to make changes to the current display screen of the new iPad mainly because the current users of the new iPad will feel very much cheated by this move from Apple.

2. It is likely that Apple will keep the IGZO display for iPad-4.

3.Changes to the aperature hole and battery of the current new iPad is possible which may come out after the Mini iPad is released this is some time in the "Holiday Season" of the U.S which is Late November-December 2012.

As usual the diaclaimer goes with all Apple News. You have to take it with a Pinch of Salt image

• Reply 15 of 19
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member

Quote:

Originally Posted by augustya View Post

As usual the diaclaimer goes with all Apple News. You have to take it with a Pinch of Salt image

No, you don't have to take it at all.

• Reply 16 of 19
    I got to write today to the reporter who had covered that article on digitimes.com and he replied back saying a couple of things.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that there IS no story and you're making all of this up for DigiTimes for whatever reason to try to "improve" their track record.
    As usual the disclaimer goes with all Apple News. You have to take it with a Pinch of Salt :lol:

No, as usual the disclaimer goes with all DigiTimes filth: You have to ignore it completely because they're never right.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

I am dearly hoping every bit of this to not to be true.

As reported last week there is this report (apparently rumour as of now ) which has been reported on Digitimes,

I'm going to guess that you are pretty new to all this rumor stuff. Otherwise you would know that Digitimes is 100% never reliable when it comes to things they have 'sources close to the matter' regarding. Case in point, they have been claiming sources told them that there's going to be a second iPad released every year since the first and that iPad Pro still hasn't happened. 

The whole overheating is a non issue. Yes it gets warm when you charge it, yes it gets warm if you leave the screen on and yes that will also drain the battery. But it never actually overheats. There hasn't hasn't been a run of folks reporting scarring etc due to the heat, or failures due to the heat (outside of cases where it was actually getting hot because it was outside in a hot car etc). 

IF Apple is changing up the screen it is due to the development of some new tech that will give them just as good of a display without needing two separate back lights or some other adjustment. NOT because of this basically non issue. Apple is always working on such details as well as reducing battery draw to extend life between charges. But Digitimes in their classic asinine stupidity likes to get hits by creating scandal and would characterize what is happening in a negative way to catch the haters as well as the fans even if they actually knew the truth. Which they likely don't because they don't actually have any real sources. They hear from someone that Apple created some prototypes to test an IGZO screen with one backlight and run with it as a done deal design change. Who knows if the prototype is even real. It could be a harvey the rabbit from someone looking for a quick buck 

• Reply 18 of 19
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Actually its very possible. The better the display the more power it needs to do its thing, thus the more battery it uses. 

Quote:

No I am not claiming anything, I was completely taken aback and preplexed and pissed off when I read this news and so I just thought let me ask what people think about this ? 

No, you read a rumor. That's why they say things like 'sources that won't let us give their names but they say they are very close to the matter' (classic tabloid we made this up tactic), 'allegedly' 'reportedly' and 'are said to be' etc. 

Digitimes has the reputation of wiping their paper on their butts and reporting whatever they find as news. They are most certainly NOT getting anything from Apple and very likely not from Foxconn etc despite what they want gullible folks like you to believe. 

• Reply 19 of 19
    [quote name="charlituna" url="/t/151276/is-apple-planning-for-the-new-ipad-to-go-through-a-complete-overhaul#post_2147624"]Actually its very possible. The better the display the more power it needs to do its thing, thus the more battery it uses. [/QUOTE]

Yes, no, I know, it's just… :lol:

In the iPad form factor, it would be a feat of engineering in and of itself to create a display that would actually do that. To get a display that thin that could suck down an order of magnitude greater power would be impressive.