Apple's new Barcelona store features unique logo

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    applegreenapplegreen Posts: 421member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

- one cannot possibly write without thinking, let alone post.

- an infant surely has never written a rebuttal online

- don't be blind; many people post over 20 comments on Internet forums. Longer ones, and shorter ones

- refuting to a post seems like someone has nothing better to do with their time

meh

• Reply 22 of 37
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's the same logo they've used for the last 35 years with some new colors in it. They've done this before plenty of times in advertising; that doesn't make it a new logo.

The colors do make it "unique" which is what the actual article terms the treatment.

• Reply 23 of 37
    ursine1ursine1 Posts: 11member

The actual address is Passeig de Gracia, 1. It is on the northern side of Plaza Catalunya, considered the center of Barcelona. On the opposite corner is El Corte Ingles. If you use Google maps and search for Barcelona, Spain, you will find that the city is centered in front of the new Apple store.

• Reply 24 of 37
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    applegreen wrote: »
    meh

Yes, these last few posts have really done a credit to your believability and trustworthiness, wot wot.
  • Reply 25 of 37
    rtm135rtm135 Posts: 310member

Apple may be on to something here.  I wouldn't mind if every Apple Logo was customized for the locale it was in.

• Reply 26 of 37
    applegreenapplegreen Posts: 421member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yes, these last few posts have really done a credit to your believability and trustworthiness, wot wot.

Oh, my!

This from one who has OCPD.  As in "Obsessive Compulsive Posting Disorder!"  image

• Reply 27 of 37
    rtm135 wrote: »
    Apple may be on to something here.  I wouldn't mind if every Apple Logo was customized for the locale it was in.

I sort of want to agree, but I'm not 100% sold on the idea. But I'd be perfectly fine with a Cupertino store that had the Steve silhouette in the Apple logo.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    It's Ok.
    I didn't mean to make my comment to sound harsh or cynical.
    I thought I'd just add my 5cents to the original post, since it's my city and my profession (I am not a Gaudi expert, or know every detail about that specific technique). And soon my favourite shop in town!

To be honest, I prefer to have this "global" news posted with mistakes (c'mon! AI does a great job! They should be allowed a slip here and there...!), than none, and be on a permanent mouth-watering with news from cool stuff happening in SF, LA and London!

Thanks AI. Keep posting stuff (with or without slips. No prob with me).

PS: just in case APPLE is listening, great location! 7 years ago I almost remodeled that same building for some other client (who finally decided to sell the building and cash the profits right away). I bet the shop will be gorgeous (as usual), but not contacting yours faithfully as a local partner was a bad move...!

By the way, does anyone know who designed it, by the way? Was it "8 inc"? Those guys are great...!
  • Reply 29 of 37
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,623member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Here's the final official Apple logo for the Barcelona Store:

LOL. The Pericos might not like that too much though!

A Gaudí touch would be nice and the sign makes it clear that this store will be a little different to the regular stores. I'll be in Passeig de Gràcia tomorrow so I'll take a look.

• Reply 30 of 37
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Wow, Barcelona switched to the dollar for Apple. Now there's influence.
  • Reply 31 of 37

Brilliant. I visited that neighborhood four years ago, and spent an afternoon in Gaudi's park with all the features inlaid with broken ceramic tiles. It's a great idea.

• Reply 32 of 37
    rbryanhrbryanh Posts: 263member

Would that my home town of Seattle were the recipient of such distinctive taste, however corporate.  It's difficult to say which of our two Temples of the ? is the blander.  Both are in reprehensible, wretched-excess malls, neither is downtown, and neither adds any more to the culture or flavor of the city than would another benighted Niketown, Pottery Barn, Banana Republic, or Victoria's Secret (Eating Disorder).  

But really…  shopping?  The environments are as disposable, soulless, and vile as the products.  How else could it be?  It's all McDonald's, and no amount of derivative mosaics of other pretentious Hollywood-style cannibalizing of past triumphs can bleach the reeking greasy rot at the core of it.

Just imagining the smell of it is enough to turn one into some oily Armageddonist whack job, twitching and panting himself to sleep night after night, sweatily dreaming of The Lord's Cleansing Fire.  

• Reply 33 of 37
    gyorpbgyorpb Posts: 93member

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

The photo is of a temp construction barricade. There's nothing at this point to back up that a similar logo will be on the store

Unlikely. Uniformity is one of the hallmarks of Apple's stores. Here's what they had up on the Amsterdam store before it opened:

apple_store_amsterdam_orange_2.jpg

Orange being the Dutch national colour, and the three Apples referencing the coat of arms of Amsterdam:

But, once the store opened, it was all white Apple logo's, like anywhere else.

.tsooJ

• Reply 34 of 37

Personally, I like the mod-logo but I imagine SJ is turning over in his grave. Didn't I read somewhere many moons ago that he didn't tolerate any futz'ing around with the Apple logo? 

• Reply 35 of 37
    jody vogel wrote: »
    Personally, I like the mod-logo but I imagine SJ is turning over in his grave.

Yeah, you certainly would know that, being his wife.
    Didn't I read somewhere many moons ago that he didn't tolerate any futz'ing around with the Apple logo? 

Apparently he didn't pay attention to his own advice when he was alive.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,623member

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyorpb View Post

Unlikely. Uniformity is one of the hallmarks of Apple's stores. Here's what they had up on the Amsterdam store before it opened:

apple_store_amsterdam_orange_2.jpg

Orange being the Dutch national colour, and the three Apples referencing the coat of arms of Amsterdam:

But, once the store opened, it was all white Apple logo's, like anywhere else.

.tsooJ

I'm not so sure that will be the case for Barcelona. The sign says 'an Apple Store made to measure for Barcelona'. It might be a little different after all. Today's newspapers say it should open by the end of the month.

• Reply 37 of 37
    rtm135rtm135 Posts: 310member

This fall we are going to see an iPhone with a larger screen and an iPad with a smaller screen.

Steve was brilliant, but not infallible.