Confirmed: New Powerbook

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Ok, here's the deal. This isn't another story about getting my nephew who works for Apple blitzed out of his mind to make him spill the beans. Nope, this is for real.

I traveled to San Fran last week, and on my way back they searched my titanium Powerbook. While the piggy was searching it, she said, "you see the new ones?". I told her that's the newest powerbook, and she replied "No, I saw the latest one yesterday". She says it looks like mine but has more curves, and is slightly larger. I didn't believe her, but then this guy in front of me says, "that one isn't released yet". I asked him when it would be, and he got real scared and just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

So I'm on the flight back home, and this guy sat next to me. I began ordering lots of drinks, and kept passing them off to this guy. He smiles, says "who are you, Junkyard Dawg?" LOL, I'm well known! I'm like, you mean the guy at AI forums? He's like, yeah, we've been watching him. He's 50% BS, but we sure would like to know where he gets his other 50% from. Then I ask about the Powerbook prototype, and he's like, well, you heard the lady. It's a new Powerbook enclosure. This one will give us more options for drives and mobos. You'll see it soon enough.

That's all he would say. I asked if he worked for Apple but all he would do is grin and start fondling his iPod. Make of this what you will, but I think it confirms that a new Powerbook is in the works, and will be ready for release at MWSF.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    man... your fiction is getting better...
  • Reply 2 of 29
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong> fondling his iPod.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Fondling his iPod, indeed...
  • Reply 4 of 29
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    BULLshit. Triple bullshit. Bullshit to the 4th power.

Lies, lies, lies. Bad ones, at that.

Like the one guy he sits next to on a plane is going to know some mother****er off a Mac forum, as if he's legendary.

And airport security couldn't find their couch in the living room, so they wouldn't know two flying damns about a new ANYTHING from Apple.

Nobody's buying this time 'round.
  • Reply 5 of 29
    Just to add to the frenzy MOSR is now reporting larger screen is in the pipeline which maybe mean why its larger.
  • Reply 6 of 29
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by dr. zoidberg:

<strong>ahem.

<a href="http://www.xsorbit.com/users/flamingo/index.cgi?board=Future_Hardware&action=display&num =1005888150" target="_blank">http://www.xsorbit.com/users/flamin go/index.cgi?board=Future_Hardware&action=display&num =1005888150</a>

no comment...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly what I was thinking.

Anyway, JD great story. Just like old times.
  • Reply 7 of 29
    Great story. This reminds me of one of those sequels where they gradually reintroduce all the characters you knew from the last movie.
  • Reply 8 of 29
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Wow. Amazing.

Someone over at badflamigo had the same thing happen to them as well. That's one busy airport
  • Reply 9 of 29
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    At it again, eh JD?
  • Reply 10 of 29
    Fool.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    Since we are now copying from stories in other Forums I am too:

I have always loved these types of Apple stories. Â*Kinda like Apple folklore! no, Kinda like Apple BS!
  • Reply 12 of 29
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Jeez, Junkyard, if you're going to tell us a story, make it something more believable like Goldilocks and the Three Bears or something.

• Reply 13 of 29
    So I'm over at the Apple campus the other day taking a tour of my favorite computer maker. I had to use the restroom and when I came out the rest of the tour was gone. I started wandering around trying to catch up with the group when I stumble into this lab full of new proto-type G5 desktops and laptops. One of the employees noticed me drooling at these machines and quickly came over to see who I was, thinking on my feet I told him I was with Speed Dee delivery and was there for a pick up. He looked on a manifest on his desk and said just a minute, when he came back he had a couple of boxes and asked me to sign for them. I signed for them under the name Carl Sagan (BHA) and quickly headed for my car. To my surprise when I got home it was indeed a new powerbook and a G5 proto-type!!!

It's all true.

I'm not lying.

Really!!!!
  • Reply 14 of 29
    eat@meeat@me Posts: 321member
    Yeah and I saw Elvis yesterday, too.

Junkyard Pulp Fiction
  • Reply 15 of 29
    eat@meeat@me Posts: 321member
    Oh, and check out the link from Dr Zoidberg above.

Junkyard Dawg, no one is going to listen to you from now on so you might as well change your handle and try again.

Plagerizing other fiction from other boards and passing it off as your own. Smart, eh?
  • Reply 16 of 29
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    JYD, you're busted!

I was the guy in the airport! I was just pulling your leg! And you bought it!

hahahahahahaha!
  • Reply 17 of 29
    Hehe, at least some of you know up from down around here. You are quite correct, my story was not at all original. But that doesn't make it fictitious.

Time will tell, in the meantime, keep up the good sleuthing. I'm elated that someone discovered one of my "sources".

You will all see for yourselves when the new Powerbook is announced, perhaps at MWSF. Apple has learned from the past, and they intend to maintain the Powerbook's status as the best laptop available. Mark my words, they will be vindicated in the near future.

Junkyard Dawg
  • Reply 18 of 29
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member

<strong>Hehe, at least some of you know up from down around here. You are quite correct, my story was not at all original. But that doesn't make it fictitious.

Time will tell, in the meantime, keep up the good sleuthing. I'm elated that someone discovered one of my "sources".

You will all see for yourselves when the new Powerbook is announced, perhaps at MWSF. Apple has learned from the past, and they intend to maintain the Powerbook's status as the best laptop available. Mark my words, they will be vindicated in the near future.

Junkyard Dawg</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow, after reading this I don't find you as much of a jerk as I did before.
  • Reply 19 of 29
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member

<strong>Hehe, at least some of you know up from down around here. You are quite correct, my story was not at all original. But that doesn't make it fictitious.

Junkyard Dawg</strong><hr></blockquote>

I love reading your posts Dawg - they crack me up!

(even if they're sourced form the old BF boards

)

Keep up the boozebased sleuthing/fabrications...always good to read.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Jeez, don't encourage him!