Apple launches OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on Mac App Store for $19.99

Comments

• Reply 141 of 182
    vandilvandil Posts: 187member

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandil View Post

Can anyone with QuickTime Pro installed confirm that the Loop function works?

In Mountain Lion, rather. 

Also, can anyone confirm if Mountain Lion forces the installation of the Airport 6.0 manager?

• Reply 142 of 182
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member

Please stop with this moronic crap about the Touch of Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

SO does it have the Touch Of Steve or not?

Still doing my bl**dy tax return. Good thing I have a beer by my side.

• Reply 143 of 182

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

I have a Macbook aluminum 2ghz intel core 2 duo with 8 gb ram, nvidia 9400m 256mb and everything is running incredibly slooooww. Even opening up system preferences and opening up a panel takes 30 seconds to over a minute. 

...OK, now I just realized that Spotlight is indexing my 500GB hard drive. Probably what is making everything so slooooow. I will let it sit for a while. Bon voyage!

Both my Core i7 machines ran like crap when I first installed ML. I can confirm that after the first boot and all the indexing, its running far better than Lion ever did.

YMMV of course.

• Reply 144 of 182

ML appears to have duplicated all of my groups in Contacts :(

• Reply 145 of 182
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member

WTF?!  I can't install ML on my LISA?  Oh it better run on my Quadra or I'm gonna be pissed.

• Reply 146 of 182
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member

Wow, 15 minutes in, I'm seeing almost no progress on my ML download.  This one's going to take a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllle.  Ah well.  It'll be worth it.

• Reply 147 of 182
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,102member
    Both my Core i7 machines ran like crap when I first installed ML. I can confirm that after the first boot and all the indexing, its running far better than Lion ever did.

YMMV of course.

Spotlight indexing says: Estimated time remaining: 4 days

????
  • Reply 148 of 182
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member

This thread is a lesson in Don't Upgrade on Day 1.  When I do this is a few weeks, there will be no network problems and possibly even a patch.  :)  

• Reply 149 of 182

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

This thread is a lesson in Don't Upgrade on Day 1.  When I do this is a few weeks, there will be no network problems and possibly even a patch.  :)  

Best post of this thread by a million....

• Reply 150 of 182
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,102member
    Best post of this thread by a million....

Why? Nothing posted here seems too out of the ordinary.
  • Reply 151 of 182

Any web developers know if MAMP is working under Mountain Lion? Particularly version 2.0.1.

• Reply 152 of 182
    hkzhkz Posts: 190member

I'm really confused. I just installed ML on my MBP and I'm getting some really confusing behavior from Messages. 

1. I have the setting on my 4S to receive messages at both my phone number, and an @me.com email address.

2. I have the messages app set to receive at the same @me.com address.

3. I'm sending messages from my Mac to those peoples phone numbers, they are getting them no problem, I'm receiving replies without issue, but what I type on my Mac doesn't show on my phone. 

4. End result is I can send/recieve replys from my Mac no problem (to their phone numbers), I get their replies on both my Mac and my 4S without issue, but nothing I type on my Mac shows up on my 4S and all conversations are completely broken. It's a hodgepodge of broken conversations because what I send from my Mac doesn't show on my phone.

5. Am I doing it wrong? What setting(s) do I need to change on one/both devices to have the complete conversation mirrored on my Mac and my 4S? Is this even possible? From the blurbs on Apples website it sounded like everything said no matter where it was sent would be the same on any device that uses iMessage. Am I misinterpreting this, or am I the problem?

EDIT: I have no clue why the text is showing up that way!

• Reply 153 of 182
    jpellinojpellino Posts: 699member

I love the woman on the computer training commercial with the DSLR she's connecting to a Mac SE...

• Reply 154 of 182
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member

I've been cured! My computer is no longer slow and retarded! Despite the plumetting AAPL shares today is a good day!

• Reply 155 of 182
    isheldonisheldon Posts: 570member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Please stop with this moronic crap about the Touch of Steve

The Touch of Steve is that AirPlay mirroring won't work with a MBP less than 2 years old. image

• Reply 156 of 182
    vadaniavadania Posts: 425member
    sr2012 wrote: »
    Wow! Totally sweet Dock. What mod/skin is that?

Really? It's the same thing. It has the patented rounded corners now, and they replaced the light that shines up...

Seriously?
  • Reply 157 of 182
    isheldon wrote: »
    The Touch of Steve is that AirPlay mirroring won't work with a MBP less than 2 years old. :lol:

You think that's a kicker, try Airaplay Mirroring if you have a multiple monitor setup. That will open your eyes!
  • Reply 158 of 182
    I've been cured! My computer is no longer slow and retarded! Despite the plumetting AAPL shares today is a good day!

They plummet after almost, I repeat ALMOST every earnings. Buy now sell later. I've made a ton this way. People holding on to AAPL stock out of love are just riding a roller coaster... It gets even better when they start point at other people for being fools!
  • Reply 159 of 182
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadania View Post

Really? It's the same thing. It has the patented rounded corners now, and they replaced the light that shines up...

It's not the same thing. They've changed the refractivity of the material they're mimicking, reshaped the entire Dock, and created new indicator lights.

Sounds like an entirely new thing to me.

• Reply 160 of 182
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadania View Post

They plummet after almost, I repeat ALMOST every earnings. Buy now sell later. I've made a ton this way. People holding on to AAPL stock out of love are just riding a roller coaster... It gets even better when they start point at other people for being fools!

Oh I ride that rollercoaster alright, I got this roller costin ride nailed. 

(I've got 10 X the amount of cash I had this time last year from riding it)