Apple launches OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on Mac App Store for $19.99

Comments

• Reply 161 of 182
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member

Quote:

Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

If anybody has just installed from the App Store, is it build 12A269?  

Thats the torrent I have too ;)

• Reply 162 of 182
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

Ive noticed that my Mac Mini (2011) has more spare ram now after the Mountain Lion install, the magic mouse has a big delay now tho, its frustrating, the keyboard is randomly disconnecting & reconnecting too, might be BT thats being iffy.

ill test the mirroring on Apple TV soon.

Macbook air (2010) is going good, safari scrolling is nice & the notifications is awesome, i use them a lot, now i'll have 5 alarms go off at once, iPad, iPhone & a few macs :p 

Soon as my retina macbook pro arrives ill upgrade it!

• Reply 163 of 182

And it finally happened.  My Mac Pro is officially too old to update anymore.  No Mountain Lion for me.  Enjoy it folks.

• Reply 164 of 182
    asmodaiasmodai Posts: 21member

Quote:

Originally Posted by EGlasheen View Post

"I have to test on EVERY friggin version of Windows and IE, Including IE6 ( blech )"

image IE 6 is long dead! I haven't developed for IE 6, 7 for many years now. What country do you live in?

It's called Wall St., and TONS of big financials have not moved off XP,  let alone IE6, as they have custom in house ActiveX crap still alive. The process and red-tape to get things cleared and upgraded in organizations with 300,000 is mind-boggling.

• Reply 165 of 182
    jpellinojpellino Posts: 697member

Very nice.  Mid-2009 MacBook White 2.26 4/250 much snappier - huge improvement in Safari.  Not sure Reminders and Notes are up to their iOS brethren, but it beats opening Mail or iCal when you need to remember something.  Wish Notifications was a 4-finger swipe on its side like Dashboard is, but hey, right edge swipe works too...  Alas, no AirPlay Mirroring for me.  Bummer.  

• Reply 166 of 182
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    I've been using this from the dev release. It's definitely snappier. The beach all has been vanquished.
  • Reply 167 of 182

Still waiting for my download code.... they must be really backed up...

• Reply 168 of 182
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewMacMan View Post

Still waiting for my download code.... they must be really backed up...

Many of us are.....

• Reply 169 of 182
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Green View Post

And it finally happened.  My Mac Pro is officially too old to update anymore.  No Mountain Lion for me.  Enjoy it folks.

One of my machines is a Macbook Pro3,1 with Lion on it and which according to the requirements isn't supported. However, I tried it and now all my Macs I am happy to say are running Mountain Lion.

Like many of the software I have, 'not supported' does not mean they won't work. It is just that Apple or the developer won't address any issues you may encounter with the program. So far, the MBP/Mountain Lion is running beautifully.

• Reply 170 of 182
    howiehowie Posts: 68member

You know, if Apple realllllllly wanted to buck the trends and be cutting edge they'd just go ahead and sell the thing for $20.

• Reply 171 of 182
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Howie View Post

You know, if Apple realllllllly wanted to buck the trends and be cutting edge they'd just go ahead and sell the thing for $20.

I like the jib of your cut.

• Reply 172 of 182
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,100member

I am very impressed with the new Safari. It runs very fast and I am no longer getting the spinning beachball and force reloading of web pages. My computer feels a lot quicker. I have a Macbook 2008 8GB ram, bluetooth mouse and keyboard and 27" LED Cinema Display. I am very happy with this upgrade. 

The Reminders app is fantastic and what I've been waiting for for a while! 

Notification center is groovy and very useful, but I'd rather it slide out when I move my mouse cursor to the right side of the screen rather than having a clumsy icon in the menu bar cluttering up stuff.

iCal is now "Calendar." 

There are some great photos included in the new slideshow screensavers.

My one annoyance is in Mail, clicking and dragging downward does not select multiple messages as before, but I have to hold down the shift key. 

I am not able to update my iWork 09. The only updates it gave me were for iPhoto and iMovie. 

• Reply 173 of 182
    @tiger@tiger Posts: 18member
    iTunes wifi sync with iPad & iPhone is not working after upgrading to ML

The ML installation/upgrade went great on my iMac (i7, mid 2010 modell, 27").

However, I have only noticed one odd issue after installing ML. Neither my iPhone 4S or my iPad (retina) won't longer sync with iTunes (lates version) over wifi. When trying they are only "looking" for my iMac but nothing is happening. When connecting both iPhone and iPad directly to my iMac syncing goes as planned. It is also crossed for "sync over wifi" on both devices. After disconnecting both devices vanishes from the device list in iTunes.

Can anybody maybe tell me how to fix this?

-> Greatings from Norway - reading AppleInsider every day! :)
  • Reply 174 of 182
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    @tiger wrote: »
    iTunes wifi sync with iPad & iPhone is not working after upgrading to ML
    The ML installation/upgrade went great on my iMac (i7, mid 2010 modell, 27").
    However, I have only noticed one odd issue after installing ML. Neither my iPhone 4S or my iPad (retina) won't longer sync with iTunes (lates version) over wifi. When trying they are only "looking" for my iMac but nothing is happening. When connecting both iPhone and iPad directly to my iMac syncing goes as planned. It is also crossed for "sync over wifi" on both devices. After disconnecting both devices vanishes from the device list in iTunes.
    Can anybody maybe tell me how to fix this?
    -> Greatings from Norway - reading AppleInsider every day! :)

Are you using Airport? That's the best way.
    asmodai wrote: »
    It's called Wall St., and TONS of big financials have not moved off XP,  let alone IE6, as they have custom in house ActiveX crap still alive. The process and red-tape to get things cleared and upgraded in organizations with 300,000 is mind-boggling.

And let them rot in their decrepitude. Business 2015-2030 will be more rewarding for many people in the SME or smaller space. Large business will chug along but will be more soulless than ever.
    vadania wrote: »
    Really? It's the same thing. It has the patented rounded corners now, and they replaced the light that shines up...
    Seriously?

Huh? It's different, dude.
    It's not the same thing. They've changed the refractivity of the material they're mimicking, reshaped the entire Dock, and created new indicator lights.

Sounds like an entirely new thing to me.

Yup.
    wizard69 wrote: »
    Please stop with this moronic crap about the Touch of Steve

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean...

capoeira4u wrote: »
    Can anyone help.  I've currently got ML GM installed.  When I went to buy the retail version from the App Store, it warned that "Mountain Lion is currently installed on the system, are you sure you want to download?"  I pressed YES and purchase it, but instead of downloading, the status turned to DOWNLOADED immediately.  Then nothing happens.  

So if I want to reinstall this retail version, do I have to do a clean install? 

You should be able to pull out the installer then install from that? The GM is the same in any case?
  • Reply 175 of 182

Still waiting for code............................  I'm not one of those people that have to get things right NOW, but now I'm starting to get anxious.... good thing it's Friday.

• Reply 176 of 182
    taddtadd Posts: 136member

I just noticed something annoying.  It used to be that if I had several windows open of MSWord and all of those windows were behind a Safari window, that if I clicked on one MSWord window (around the edges of the Safari window) that only that MSWord window would come forward.  If i clicked on the MSWord icon in the dock, all of the MSWord windows would come forward.  

On ML, if I click on one of the MSWord windows behind the Safari, all of the MSWord windows come forward.  Is this a configuration?  Am I imagining it?

Thanks for any input.

EDIT: PS.  I just noticed that if I have Text Edit in front of a pair of Safari Windows, that clicking on one Safari window only brings that one to the foreground.  Again clicking on the Safari icon brings both forward.  Can MSWord behave that way? 

• Reply 177 of 182
    redmanredman Posts: 15member

July 25 about 10pm: I knew it would take a while so I started downloading Mountain Lion and went to bed. I got up with a "Ready to install" or something like that, went on with the process which took about twenty or thirty minuets! Everything seems to be working fine and seems a little snappier, maybe just me...  I have been on the new X a few days now with no issues. I love all the new features. New voices are Great! I think the new notifications will help me stay on top of things better. Safari seem to be a little faster and work smoothly. I updated all the iWork and iLife Apps after that. My iPad and iPhone updated  twenty something Apps.

Although one issue I have had is not with the OS but I had to buy it and I was supposed to get it free. I contacted customer support and started a new ticket on it and will get a refund in soon hopefully although I still haven't received the email with the code I was supposed to get and then notify them along with my case number ???

Overall I am well pleased with it all and how the whole process went. image

2011 iMac 27 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

iPod 3rd Gen 64, iPhone 4, iPad 2, Airport Extreme 

• Reply 178 of 182
    @tiger@tiger Posts: 18member
    Yes, My iMac is connected to an Airport Extreme. I have of course tried to reboote both iMac, Airport Extreme and iPhone/iPad.
  • Reply 179 of 182
    redmanredman Posts: 15member

You might try turning off your bluetooth temporarily. It may be interfering with it? Worth a try...

• Reply 180 of 182
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    kjellbrell wrote: »
    Hi all!

From Sweden here's a big smile because of  - week numbers in Calender - I know it's a small thing but, hey I wanted this and sent requests to Apple way way back...:)

Really? Week numbers in iCal? Wow, this makes me reconsider to upgrade to a .0 release! Thanks for the info!