Studio Ghibli 6 DVD Set

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Bought it a few weeks ago. I knew it had six DVD's in it, but didn't realize that there were TWO movies on every DVD!!

So far I've watched:

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind &

My Neighbor Totoro

I read the entire Nausicaa comic series in black and white, this was the fist time seeing the movie. Fantastic. Original Japanese with subtitles. Gorgeous.

I'd seen Totoro before and was happy to see it again.

Princess Mononoke is on here, and I'll watch it again, but since I've already seen it recently I'll skip ahead to the rest of the movies....of which I know nothing. Got to do some research on these movies so I'll know what they're CALLED!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I bought it on ebay and am pleased. I also bought 'Spirted Away', which is an Oscar Nominee now. At the flea market last week I came across 20 cels from one of the movies (all close ups of a girl with an orange and red dress). I bought them all for $35 (he wanted $5 a piece). They all are in plastic with japanese price tags. The girl looks like kiki in 'kiki's delivery service' but she doesn't have the big bow only a small one, so it must be another one. I'm sure they aren't worth much because there's no real action or other characters. But I never thought I'd see Ghibli cels.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    rooroo Posts: 162member
    i'm sooo jealous-- ghibli rocks! ah... "hotaru no haka", the most reliable jerker-of-tears.. anyone ever see "panda kopanda"? i'm considering it for my cousin (she's 3).
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Looks like I'm off to find that one!

Totoro!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Is there a good site that can tell me more about these other movies? I'm only familiar with the three I mentioned and haven't had the time to sit down and watch another one yet. ALL of the menus are in Japanese, so to make sure you get subtitles you have to bop around a bit until you see the word ENGLISH and click it.

With a few exceptions most of the writing on the discs are in Japanese too...so hard to tell what some of these are named!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by drewprops:

<strong>Is there a good site that can tell me more about these other movies?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Try <a href="http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/films/"; target="_blank">here</a>