Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface

Comments

• Reply 201 of 318

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

How is that better? So I have an empty desktop with a wallpaper to stare at but now all my apps that used to fill up a screen are all now squished into a row at the bottom or do I now have 6x as many pages of a single row at the bottom. Double-tap the home button to bring up Fast App Switcher and tell me if truly want to choose apps by sliding a single ribbon of apps back and forth. I certainly don't.

Don't you already have apps at the bottom of your iOS device? I'm simply talking about a UI change as little as the dock. Obviously you're not going to have 6x the pages of just apps at the bottom. I'm the one advocating about removing or improving the Fast App Switcher, you're the one making assumptions on a comment regarding a UI change. Calm yourself. 

• Reply 202 of 318
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    shaun, uk wrote: »
    solipsismx wrote: »
    edit: What muppetry said.
    muppetry wrote: »
    Well hang on - it was you that brought up the cool wall as evidence, and Soli is correct - Top Gear rated the 911 GT3 as sub-zero.

You do know the cool wall is a subjective thing don't you not a statement of fact. Just coz Clarkson says it's cool doesn't make it true. Most people in the UK thing he's an asshole. It's a great TV show but Clarkson is still an asshole and he's not the final word on what's cool.
    Reminds me of the Cool Wall on Top Gear (sorry you probably won't get the reference outside the UK). The Porsche is seriously uncool.

So - maybe we misunderstood your post, that looked like it was invoking Top Gear in support of your opinion. Anyway, just because you say it's uncool doesn't make it true. Most people on this forum think that you're an, er, not an ostrich, obviously.
  • Reply 203 of 318
    ljocampoljocampo Posts: 657member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

This 'alleged' new iPhone simply looks like a slightly elongated version of the now 2-year-old iPhone 4/4S with a few tweaks here and there - Which is hardly anyhting remotely ground-breaking/innovative and it's beginning to appear that there's a certain degree of complacency in the Apple design deparment lately.

Time for Apple to start to 'Think Different' again.

Anyway... It'll likely sell well enough (merely because it's an Apple product), but it's becoming pretty obvious that the once creative arm of Apple is (seemingly) coming up very short on interesting ideas as of late (to include iOS 6), while competitors are truly advancing the state of mobile device technology/design.

Come on Cook, Ivy and Company... Surely there are still a few great (design) ideas left in you.

Maybe we should demand a new design for forks and spoons too. The designs is very stale and the cullery people just have dropped the ball with innovation. /s

• Reply 204 of 318
    focherfocher Posts: 687member
    ktappe wrote: »
    These look like the real deal. Hopefully this level of completion implies we'll see the new model sooner rather than later. Apple needs to hit a home run with the iPhone 5; Samsung has been (surprisingly, at least to me) outselling Apple 2:1 lately.
    A decent device is going to do that every year about this time in the iPhone refresh. cycle. It doesn't matter, because even with fewer unit sales (which are still higher than any competing single model) Apple takes most of the market profits.
  • Reply 205 of 318

gazoobee wrote: »
    Those "white" parts sure look nice.  It almost looks like they are made out of silver instead of steel.
    Those are definitely Liquidmetal. Let's hope the final parts incorporate Liquidmetal for the rest of the phone, as well.
  • Reply 206 of 318
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    thekid2020 wrote: »
    Don't you already have apps at the bottom of your iOS device? I'm simply talking about a UI change as little as the dock. Obviously you're not going to have 6x the pages of just apps at the bottom. I'm the one advocating about removing or improving the Fast App Switcher, you're the one making assumptions on a comment regarding a UI change. Calm yourself. 

So your point wasn't to move all the apps to an iOS Dock but to have them super small so you need to tap, hold and drag your finger so they bubble up underneath your finger? Is that correct? I think it's safe to say that people don't want to drag their finger around their screen and then look around their fat finger to select an app to use. They simply just want to tap it like they would any other button in the real world. How would you then select it? Is it selected when you release your finger, do you have to hold your finger over it longer to get to open, or do you have to release and then quickly re-tap it as retains its magnification? How would you then un-choose something so it doesn't launch the app; move your finger to the empty "desktop"? I don't get this at all. The way Apple design their UI actions is the reason it's a success, the reason why it's vaulted above all others, the reason everyone else has copied it, and the reason why the anti-Apple trolls scour Apple forums, not in spite of. They didn't use Mac OS X because they couldn't, they didn't use it because they shouldn't.
  • Reply 207 of 318
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    harbinger wrote: »

May I ask what a daltonian monkey is?

You know what daltonism is, no?

Concerning the UI, I'd love to have a touch sensitive border on the iPad. A swipe from the bottom would bring the multitasking bar up, with the latest app right under the finger. Keep the finger pressed and slide it up to the center to switch to last app. Slide it all the way to the top to dismiss it/close it. Previous apps would appear on both sides of the last app icon. Lift the finger from the screen on the bar then click on any previous app to switch to it. For power users, slide left/right without lifting the finger once the multitasking tray is open to quickly switch to any previous app by lifting the finger above it.
  • Reply 208 of 318
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member

Quote:

But you brought it up. No one else but you.

Reminds me of the old joke about how meanings get changed as they get passed along so that  "Send reinforcements, we're going to advance," becomes "Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance."

What I actually said was "Reminds me of the Cool Wall on Top Gear (sorry you probably won't get the reference outside the UK). The Porsche is seriously uncool. They should look towards the new MIni for a cool car influence. The Porsche is Pam Anderson - old, tarty and vulger but you'd probably still go for a ride given the chance. The Mini is Emma Watson - young, hip, trendy and very desirable."

In other words I think the Porsche is seriously uncool. Me not Top Gear. I can't remember where Clarkson put it, I'm not the memory man. I was expressing my view. My own cool wall so to speak. I didn't say "Top Gear thinks the Porsche is uncool".

• Reply 209 of 318
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    What else but a monkey from dalton? sheesh. Lol. I have no clue either

That's the real name for color blind people.

And, you couldn't know, I don't need lessons on what PS can do, I use it every day.
  • Reply 210 of 318
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    clemynx wrote: »
    You know what daltonism is, no?
    Concerning the UI, I'd love to have a touch sensitive border on the iPad. A swipe from the bottom would bring the multitasking bar up, with the latest app right under the finger. Keep the finger pressed and slide it up to the center to switch to last app. Slide it all the way to the top to dismiss it/close it. Previous apps would appear on both sides of the last app icon. Lift the finger from the screen on the bar then click on any previous app to switch to it. For power users, slide left/right without lifting the finger once the multitasking tray is open to quickly switch to any previous app by lifting the finger above it.

Fancy name for a color blind monkey. Customizable finger gestures on a screen can already be done on Android.
  • Reply 211 of 318
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    But you brought it up. No one else but you.

Reminds me of the old joke about how meanings get changed as they get passed along so that  "Send reinforcements, we're going to advance," becomes "Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance."

What I actually said was "Reminds me of the Cool Wall on Top Gear (sorry you probably won't get the reference outside the UK). The Porsche is seriously uncool. They should look towards the new MIni for a cool car influence. The Porsche is Pam Anderson - old, tarty and vulger but you'd probably still go for a ride given the chance. The Mini is Emma Watson - young, hip, trendy and very desirable."

In other words I think the Porsche is seriously uncool. Me not Top Gear. I can't remember where Clarkson put it, I'm not the memory man. I was expressing my view. My own cool wall so to speak. I didn't say "Top Gear thinks the Porsche is uncool".

Got it - a simple misunderstanding as you say. I'd have to guess that you've never driven either vehicle in that case, and are basing your view on looks alone. Just like with the iPhone in fact.
  • Reply 212 of 318
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

That's very impressive.

All done on Windows. Once you are inside Photoshop it really doesn't matter which OS you are using. Experts are experts and the OS has nothing to do with it.

• Reply 213 of 318
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Fancy name for a color blind monkey. Customizable finger gestures on a screen can already be done on Android.

I want smooth and easy. And I'm not just talking finger gestures, but a UIthat follows what I do.
  • Reply 214 of 318
    mstone wrote: »
    All done on Windows. Once you are inside Photoshop it really doesn't matter which OS you are using. Experts are experts and the OS has nothing to do with it.

Speaking of Windows, it's amazing what people can do with MS Paint.
  • Reply 215 of 318
    daylove22daylove22 Posts: 215member

I thought it was going to be redesigned...so much for innovation

• Reply 216 of 318
    ljocampoljocampo Posts: 657member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

I have a strong feeling that we will see parallel development of an iPhone this size and of the original sized models. The goal for Apple is to cover a wider array of user needs. The big model will be the LTE machine for a couple of years while the 4S class machine receives other improvements to keep it modern.

I like the idea of a three phone line up. That is an iPhone Maxi, Midi and Mini. The Midi would amount to the current 4S class machines. This would cover just about every users and would more effectively take on or over for iPod slack.

Maybe as prototypes for testing to see if a bigger screen changes it functionality. And I can assure you that LTE will be in the ONE prototype Apple decides to go with. Just look at the Samsung model in the commercial of a jogger. The thing is ridiculously hugh and awkward. Nothing a real jogger would ever use to run with, especially since they could buy a clip on iPod to jog with.

• Reply 217 of 318
    daylove22 wrote: »

And you look at a completely new design and see no new design? They haven't used a casing that is connected on the back and sides since the iPhone 3GS in 2009. Is the Home Button suppose to be on the top of the phone now? Show the display be a circle instead of a rectangle? :sigh:
  • Reply 218 of 318

Amused by the parade of faux angst about how uncompetitive or disappointing the next iPhone is going to be from people who weren't going to buy one in the first place.

• Reply 219 of 318
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

Of course it doesn't animate. Thanks, Huddler.

This statement (and all variations thereof) needs to be infraction-worthy. 

• Reply 220 of 318
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Of course it doesn't animate. Thanks, Huddler.

This statement (and all variations thereof) needs to be infraction-worthy. 

Fixed it for you

Actually let me un fix it