Photos of alleged fully-assembled next-gen iPhone surface

Comments

• Reply 221 of 318
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

I thought it was going to be redesigned...so much for innovation

Genetically, modern humans are unchanged compared to humans from 20,000 years ago. It is all about the software revisions. Stay tuned.

• Reply 222 of 318
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    So if it was just done with PS then it's impressive than someone has completed a CGI video of these photos that, to my untrained eye, seem real.

[LIST][*] [/LIST]

Based on everything I'm seeing it looks real and looks spectacular. Apple has kept everything that works while evolving the look and style of the device.
  • Reply 223 of 318
    mstone wrote: »
    Genetically, modern humans are unchanged compared to humans from 20,000 years ago. It is all about the software revisions. Stay tuned.

You mean the source code, like DNA, because our brains have changed less in the last 20k years than we have physically, but that's mostly due to dietary changes.
  • Reply 224 of 318
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    christophb wrote: »
    Ironical - of the nature of irony. Not sure the post I quoted is anything but a Poe and certainly lacking the introspection to see irony in his/her/its own posts.

My apologies, it's not a word in British English but accepted in American English.
  • Reply 225 of 318
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howie View Post

Commonality among smartphone designs notwithstanding, this looks considerably like an "Apple-ized" HTC Arrive/7 Pro... front and back. (Sans slide-out keyboard)

Not that I have a problem with that. Eventually there will be convergence. Years ago when the first Glock pistol appeared on the market their advertisements claimed "someday all handguns will be this good." Years later, other handgun manufacturers caught up because the Glock design (and technology) was the best.

Glock is, and always will be, garbage compared to Walther.

• Reply 226 of 318
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

Quote:

Originally Posted by enature View Post

That Apple camp is in trouble became apparent in Spring of this year. Now Apple just missed the earnings expectations while analysts are touting $1000 share price and Tim Cook has his head in the sand. But more trouble is ahead if this is indeed the new iPhone design. imho, the sales will disappoint... thoroughly. 

Apple missed nothing but the insane estimates by idiot analysts.  They exceeded their own estimates.  Now let's see how badly they did.   They beat the same quarter previous year by only $6.4 BILLION DOLLARS of revenue and they beat the same quarter previous year by $1.5 BILLION in earnings.   Boo hoo.   Apple is failing.    Most companies would kill to have revenue equivalent to Apple's year over year increase.    Apple is the only company whose stock drops when they beat the same quarter previous year by $6.4 billion.      Do you think that expectations have become insane?    The world is still in a sucky economy.  Imagine Apple's performance if the world economy was healthy.    

• Reply 227 of 318
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member

Don't don't don't believe the hype!

• Reply 228 of 318
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Glock is, and always will be, garbage compared to Walther.

Which company makes Phasers? Gunpowder is so 9th century.

• Reply 229 of 318
    nitronitro Posts: 91member

iPhone 5S- yes i will wait for iPhone 5S!

• Reply 230 of 318

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

So your point wasn't to move all the apps to an iOS Dock but to have them super small so you need to tap, hold and drag your finger so they bubble up underneath your finger? Is that correct? I think it's safe to say that people don't want to drag their finger around their screen and then look around their fat finger to select an app to use. They simply just want to tap it like they would any other button in the real world. How would you then select it? Is it selected when you release your finger, do you have to hold your finger over it longer to get to open, or do you have to release and then quickly re-tap it as retains its magnification? How would you then un-choose something so it doesn't launch the app; move your finger to the empty "desktop"? I don't get this at all. The way Apple design their UI actions is the reason it's a success, the reason why it's vaulted above all others, the reason everyone else has copied it, and the reason why the anti-Apple trolls scour Apple forums, not in spite of. They didn't use Mac OS X because they couldn't, they didn't use it because they shouldn't.

Once again, making assumptions out of a comment regarding changing a UI that has been unchanged for 6 years. You don't make any mention to my comment about using the iPads screen real-estate to improve any aspect of the UI. For someone who can sit behind a computer and be a cynical wise ass with your over 6,000 random forum posts is really an achievement all on its on. But back to the debate. You seem like a semi intelligent individual, rather then attacking a simple comment, why not think outside the box. Lets argue you run your finger along the bottom where your current dock is located (not all your apps, which I never stated). They magnify, hence resolving the problem your "fat fingers". Again, probably from polishing off bags of Cheetos and typing so many posts. Then doing a simple gesture of flicking the app up, opening the app. Lets then take it another step and do a double tap of your home button, rather then bring up your nifty Fast App Switching feature, it will impose the app in a suspended state, almost as if it is floating on the "desktop" (think Palm WebOS), where at that point you can flick the opened app up again, closing the app. Swiping left or right shows you more apps or a widget screen. 

What I'm doing here is thinking, brainstorming and envisioning of other ways iOS can be ran. What you do is act all tough behind your Cheetos crumb colored keyboard and make generalized statements because you aren't keen enough to think outside the box of Apple. And again, you don't have to get anything. Because in all honesty, you probably never will. Apple didn't "vault" over anyone or anything. They were the first on the block and have held the gold medal since day one. There lies the problem, no competition. Which brings us to this argument. They didn't use Mac OS X, very good little one, but at what point did I say they should have or asked why they didn't? 

Finally, if you're throwing an "anti-Apple troll" comment my way, I'll repeat myself from earlier, calm yourself. While standing next to my iPod Hi-Fi (which you weren't even a member of this site when it was introduced) along with all my other gear, you have nothing to stand on with that argument. 

I've been a member longer then you, this being myyyy 43 post? Maybe. If you get off at trolling these sites to make yourself feel important and try to attack the seemingly weak (TheKid2020 with only 40 something posts over 5 years), then you sir are a loser. 

• Reply 231 of 318
    mstone wrote: »
    Which company makes Phasers? Gunpowder is so 9th century.

Personally I prefer a pocket flamethrower. Because, you know, it's our (okay, I won't hijack this thread... this time 'round muah ha ha ha)...
  • Reply 232 of 318
    thekid2020 wrote: »
    Finally, if you're throwing an "anti-Apple troll" comment my way, I'll repeat myself from earlier, calm yourself. While standing next to my iPod Hi-Fi (which you weren't even a member of this site when it was introduced) along with all my other gear, you have nothing to stand on with that argument. 

I've been a member longer then you, this being myyyy 43 post? Maybe. If you get off at trolling these sites to make yourself feel important and try to attack the seemingly weak (TheKid2020 with only 40 something posts over 5 years), then you sir are a loser. 

Don't take it personally, it's just the way he is, unpalatable as it may be.

In truth, we can see what is going on. Steve Jobs under Apple always had an underdog mentality, and that drew him to continually re-invent.

Under Tim Cook, who is probably taking charge of things until Scott Forstall comes of age to be CEO, we will see iOS-iPad become Windows-PC (but not as distasteful, thankfully) circa 2015-2020.

To clarify, iOS-iPad will still be impressive but of course it is time to scale to the level of Windows-PC, that's what I mean. Keeping quality control up will be difficult but that's Tim and Scott's forte. In some ways, perhaps Steve thought of this already, by designing something that is literally a clean slate, and all you need to worry about is the software. The hardware takes care of itself ~ it just needs to be slim, lightweight, durable, and run forever on battery.

iPhone is a trickier one because it is still important but again software-wise and hardware-wise it is all about more seamlessness. Samsung can continue to roll on their momentum, iPhone sells less but will still be important, yet iPhone-hardware-wise I'm not sure if we will see "hardcore" innovation over the next few years.

Mac and OS X will become niche relative to Apple products, though of course the de-facto desktop and laptop OS for anyone sick of Windows and are just dying to break free.
  • Reply 233 of 318
    Once again, making assumptions out of a comment regarding changing a UI that has been unchanged for 6 years. You don't make any mention to my comment about using the iPads screen real-estate to improve any aspect of the UI. For someone who can sit behind a computer and be a cynical wise ass with your over 6,000 random forum posts is really an achievement all on its on. But back to the debate. You seem like a semi intelligent individual, rather then attacking a simple comment, why not think outside the box. Lets argue you run your finger along the bottom where your current dock is located (not all your apps, which I never stated). They magnify, hence resolving the problem your "fat fingers". Again, probably from polishing off bags of Cheetos and typing so many posts. Then doing a simple gesture of flicking the app up, opening the app. Lets then take it another step and do a double tap of your home button, rather then bring up your nifty Fast App Switching feature, it will impose the app in a suspended state, almost as if it is floating on the "desktop" (think Palm WebOS), where at that point you can flick the opened app up again, closing the app. Swiping left or right shows you more apps or a widget screen. 

What I'm doing here is thinking, brainstorming and envisioning of other ways iOS can be ran. What you do is act all tough behind your Cheetos crumb colored keyboard and make generalized statements because you aren't keen enough to think outside the box of Apple. And again, you don't have to get anything. Because in all honesty, you probably never will. Apple didn't "vault" over anyone or anything. They were the first on the block and have held the gold medal since day one. There lies the problem, no competition. Which brings us to this argument. They didn't use Mac OS X, very good little one, but at what point did I say they should have or asked why they didn't? 

You made a bad argument to make iOS more like Mac OS by adding a magnified Dock that you run your finger over to choose an app. I dismantled the logics of your idea but instead of dealing with and thinking of a more plausible way to improve iOS you have instead attacked me. Not my ideas. Not my opinions. You attacked me. I won't report you because it's all pretty pathetic and childish but you aren't making your case any better by claiming I eat Cheeros and wasn't signed up to AI when the iPod Hi-Fi was announced.
  • Reply 234 of 318
    solipsismx wrote: »
    You made a bad argument to make iOS more like Mac OS by adding a magnified Dock that you run your finger over to choose an app. I dismantled the logics of your idea but instead of dealing with and thinking of a more plausible way to improve iOS you have instead attacked me. Not my ideas. Not my opinions. You attacked me. I won't report you because it's all pretty pathetic and childish but you aren't making your case any better by claiming I eat Cheeros and wasn't signed up to AI when the iPod Hi-Fi was announced.

You can be quite intense, and rub people the wrong way. I don't blame him, to some extent, though of course forum discipline may have to be enforced.
  • Reply 235 of 318
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Though you are about to get attacked by fanbois, you speak true. Many great companies grow complacent. Steve was never satisfied and that died with him.

You know that the last project that Steve was actively working on was this year's release of the iPhone?

• Reply 236 of 318
    On the topic of seamlessness. Playing around with iOS6 I feel software-wise it's great. Hardware-wise, I'm not sure what I need except for an integrated Credit Card system (NFC etc). LTE, yes, but not super-critical due to the state of LTE. In any case the iPhone 5 will have LTE, very little doubt about that.

The thing that eggs me is the dual-glass bands on the back. Seems slightly hmm... Of course, the thinness is insane, take your iPhone 4/4S and imagine the phone is ~only as thick as the stainless steel band~. Pretty amazing. But what's the killer feature?
  • Reply 237 of 318
    sennen wrote: »
    You know that the last project that Steve was actively working on was this year's release of the iPhone?

You can see the transition very clearly though. We have iPhone 4S because Steve wanted to refine the iPhone 4 while waiting to really get the iPhone 5 ready. iPad Retina, definitely heavily influenced by Steve, probably in skunkworks for quite some time.

But Steve might not have been happy with the iPad Retina's thickness and weight being more than the iPad 2.

AppleTV3 and iBooks2, definitely something Steve was incubating for a while.

More recently, we see MacBook Pro Retina, OSX Mountain Lion and now iPhone 5, which definitely was thought through by Steve et al in much detail, but MBP Retina and iPhone 5 may lack a little of the final Touch Of Steve. iMacs have gone very, very long without a refresh.

So, I'm not saying Steve was all there was to Apple, but he said it before, "I'm a symbol (in a humble way)".

You see, Steve, the Symbol, was kind of like a beacon, a shared vision, whatever, but which really brought cohesiveness to Apple. Some of that will fade, until perhaps Scott Forstall becomes CEO in due time and then implement pure-neural-interfaces, holographic, etc.
  • Reply 238 of 318

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Quote:

You can be quite intense, and rub people the wrong way. I don't blame him, to some extent, though of course forum discipline may have to be enforced.

Correction, this is my 43rd post.

haha, this is a forum folks. If I must be disciplined then so be it. Don't do me any favors by not "reporting me", clearly I have a slightly more active life then trolling these forums and high-fiving myself when I reach my milestone of 50 posts. 

I made an argument to change the UI, then threw in an IDEA of a magnified dock. Maybe because as I type my replies I see my dock magnifying and simply have something to argue about. You, by the way you assume, question and act as if you are superior to many forum participants is frankly embarrassing. Once again, you are on a Mac forum. Cheers to you for being "the man" of the forum.

• Reply 239 of 318
    Correction, this is my 43rd post.

haha, this is a forum folks. If I must be disciplined then so be it. Don't do me any favors by not "reporting me", clearly I have a slightly more active life then trolling these forums and high-fiving myself when I reach my milestone of 50 posts. 

I made an argument to change the UI, then threw in an IDEA of a magnified dock. Maybe because as I type my replies I see my dock magnifying and simply have something to argue about. You, by the way you assume, question and act as if you are superior to many forum participants is frankly embarrassing. Once again, you are on a Mac forum. Cheers to you for being "the man" of the forum.

Dude, I'm not SolipsismX. All I said was Solip pisses off people from time to time, myself included, so your response to him was understandable. But if people need to be reported, so be it, I have gotten into trouble myself. Of course, this is all just a forum so I don't take it too seriously.
  • Reply 240 of 318

Quote:

I dismantled the logics of your idea but instead of dealing with and thinking of a more plausible way to improve iOS you have instead attacked me. Not my ideas. Not my opinions. You attacked me. 

Pretty sure I did give you some logical ways of use my magnifying dock theory and referenced other formed mobile OSs to stress my point. Other then attacking other people posting and giving their valid opinion, I don't see you adding anything positive to this discussion. You aren't going out on a limb and making comments as I did. You simply pounced on my comment and began assuming, attacking and belittling my thought process because in your mind, nothing can be better then what you hold in your hand. Alright I may have attacked you, so be it. I'm sure you've had worse written about you on the internet. But you can't argue that I am that far off on my assumptions of you. So much so that other people are agreeing with me, Pal.