Jury selected for Apple and Samsung patent trial

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    nasserae wrote: »
    I wonder how they were able to find someone who never used an Apple or Samsung product in that area. It they did then that person must have been living in a cave!

Fromt what I understand tey can't always do that so they just have to vet people based on how they think they will vote. I were Apple or Samsung I wouldn't want anyone that was so unaware of technology not to know about these companies.
  • Reply 22 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

No you're HYPOCRITES for questioning the Judges motives and impartiality…

Oh, okay. I never did that, however. Not sure anyone else did, either. I just said the decision made was a terrible one.

• Reply 23 of 66
    harbingerharbinger Posts: 570member

Being a juror in a juicy murder case used to be a fantasy of mine. But oh how I'd love to be a deciding factor in this case.

• Reply 24 of 66
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    shaun, uk wrote: »
    No you're HYPOCRITES for questioning the Judges motives and impartiality rather can simply accepting that it was his unbiased decision based on the facts and the evidence presented to him.

If you think the British Judge is corrupt who is to say that the American Judge is not also corrupt.

There's 330 million contained in that "you're". Go to a Houme Depout and get a smaller instrument for which to swath with.
  • Reply 25 of 66
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, okay. I never did that, however. Not sure anyone else did, either. I just said the decision made was a terrible one.

Ok I apologise to you if you didn't but plenty of people on here did.

• Reply 26 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post

Being a juror in a juicy murder case used to be a fantasy of mine. But oh how I'd love to be a deciding factor in this case.

Thank god for Jury selection. It must work sometimes.

• Reply 27 of 66
    No you're HYPOCRITES for questioning the Judges motives and impartiality rather can simply accepting that it was his unbiased decision based on the facts and the evidence presented to him.

If you think the British Judge is corrupt who is to say that the American Judge is not also corrupt.

Prove it! Show any evidence that he said the judge was corrupt. If Apple won the case you could claim as TS did the outcome was wrong and in no way is that a statement or implication that you think the judge or jury is corrupt. But that boat has sailed for you since you've already laid ground for any potential outcome that is not in Samsung's favour.
  • Reply 28 of 66

Quote:

what is being called one of the most important patent cases in recent U.S. history.

Somehow...I doubt that.

• Reply 29 of 66

Quote:

No doubt you're the same people who said the British Judge who dismissed Apples' claim a few days ago was either stupid, biased, corrupt or incompetent.

You don't like it when someone says the same thing about an American Judge do you. HYPOCRITES.

No, not me. I believe my comments consisted of something along the lines of "different country, different laws, different outcome".

Regardless, why bother to do a simple search to see what comments were made when you can just make something up instead?

• Reply 30 of 66
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

Ok I apologise to you if you didn't but plenty of people on here did.
    You are quite correct that the suggestion was made, but not, I think, by any of the serious contributors here. So you should not be surprised at offense being taken at your original post, which really was quite uncalled for unless you have some prior examples of the US legal system exhibiting bias of that kind.
  • Reply 31 of 66

Quote:

Nor did I. I simply stated why I disagreed with the judge's call, without resorting to personal attacks.

Frankly, I don't know why you bother to respond to this one. He's just set on arguing with everyone hoping to pick a fight with someone. So not worth my time.

• Reply 32 of 66
    harbingerharbinger Posts: 570member

Quote:

Thank god for Jury selection. It must work sometimes.

You're assuming I'd be biased. I simply relish the opportunity to listen to engineers from two great engineering companies and possibly learn about their designs and design processes. Sure, I am biased in my product preference, but that does not mean I am not rational and fair in the face of evidence.

• Reply 33 of 66
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member

And of course once the verdict is read, appeals, appeals, appeals.  Suppose Samsung loses...do they have to pay and take change their interface and designs?  What if they win?

• Reply 34 of 66
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

It's the official position of US-based AppleInsider users. ????

This should have been the US in 1847, and darn it, we won't let you forget it! image

If you hadn't foolishly attacked us and tried to take over Canada, we wouldn't have had to beat you back to the headwaters of the Mississippi and burn the White House to the ground.  You are just lucky Canadians are so polite and nice that we gave all the land back gratis.  

• Reply 35 of 66
    gazoobee wrote: »
    If you hadn't foolishly attacked us and tried to take over Canada, we wouldn't have had to beat you back to the headwaters of the Mississippi and burn the White House to the ground.  You are just lucky Canadians are so polite and nice that we gave all the land back gratis.  

That's okay but today's battles are fought with corporations and RiM has met their waterloo at the hands of Apple at whatever city RiM is headquartered. ????
  • Reply 36 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Nor did I. I simply stated why I disagreed with the judge's call, without resorting to personal attacks.

Frankly, I don't know why you bother to respond to this one. He's just set on arguing with everyone hoping to pick a fight with someone. So not worth my time.

I didn't quote you on my OP. It's got nothing to do with you. Go waste your time on someone else.

• Reply 37 of 66
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Bee a man Yaun, leave and don't forget to take your single-digid IQ with you

[IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/9364/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
  • Reply 38 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post

You're assuming I'd be biased. I simply relish the opportunity to listen to engineers from two great engineering companies and possibly learn about their designs and design processes. Sure, I am biased in my product preference, but that does not mean I am not rational and fair in the face of evidence.

You're right I did assume that based on the tone of your OP. I apologise. I'm not so sure the court case would be as exciting as you might think. If you're that interested and have the time you can probably sit in open court and watch the proceedings.

• Reply 39 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

F U C K  Y O U  MORON

• Reply 40 of 66
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    philboogie wrote: »

F U C K  Y O U  MORON

Shaun, really. Whether you truly believe your statements are sincere or if there is a different enticement for you to write what you write, how come the only likes you get are from people that are bound to get banned as well for the very same reason? Think about it, while looking into the mirror.