Jury selected for Apple and Samsung patent trial

Comments

• Reply 41 of 66
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

seeing as how you're a global moderator and all, is this the official appleinsider position?

A mod can't express an opinion? Please.

• Reply 42 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

No you're HYPOCRITES for questioning the Judges motives and impartiality rather can simply accepting that it was his unbiased decision based on the facts and the evidence presented to him.

If you think the British Judge is corrupt who is to say that the American Judge is not also corrupt.

I just assume everyone is corrupt and hope Apple paid off the right people this time. :D

• Reply 43 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

A mod can't express an opinion? Please.

And for the record, I support Puerto Rico becoming a state this November, Guyana petitioning for statehood (since they do seem to want it), Taiwan petitioning for statehood (since some want it and the US has the only legally-recognized international claim on the island), and Cuba petitioning for statehood (should their government fail them).

Oh, wait… image

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I just assume everyone is corrupt and hope Apple paid off the right people this time. :D

See, that's exactly what you want; you want either everyone to be corrupt or no one to be. Otherwise it's not fair.

• Reply 44 of 66

I sense a couple o' bans comin' soon.

• Reply 45 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

See, that's exactly what you want; you want either everyone to be corrupt or no one to be. Otherwise it's not fair.

• Reply 46 of 66
    vicpvicp Posts: 11member

While the people questioning the UK judge's decision may well be wrong, they did wait for the decision.

You are prejudging the process based on the location of the trial.

And don't worry - once the jurors find out about Sir Jonathan Ive's association with Apple, I'm sure our centuries of hatred towards your country will overcome any Apple home court advantage.

• Reply 47 of 66
    dmarcootdmarcoot Posts: 191member

You obviously know nothing of juror selection process.

• Reply 48 of 66
    umrk_labumrk_lab Posts: 550member
    shaun, uk wrote: »
    American Company, American Judge, American Jury. I think I know which way this trial is going to go.

Let me remind you the outcome of Zappa against London Philarmonic Orchestra trial (London, 1975, more on my blog :

[1] THE MATERIAL WAS NOT OBSCENE.

[2] THE ALBERT HALL HAD, IN FACT, BREACHED ITS CONTRACT. But

[3] AS THE ALBERT HALL IS A ROYAL INSTITUTION, IT WOULD BE IMPROPER FOR AN AMERICAN MUSICIAN TO PREVAIL IN A CASE LIKE THIS
  • Reply 49 of 66
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    umrk_lab wrote: »
    Let me remind you the outcome of Zappa against London Philarmonic Orchestra trial (London, 1975, more on my blog :
    [1] THE MATERIAL WAS NOT OBSCENE.
    [2] THE ALBERT HALL HAD, IN FACT, BREACHED ITS CONTRACT. But
    [3] AS THE ALBERT HALL IS A ROYAL INSTITUTION, IT WOULD BE IMPROPER FOR AN AMERICAN MUSICIAN TO PREVAIL IN A CASE LIKE THIS

Let the records note that Shaun, UK has been mysteriously silent since this remark.
  • Reply 50 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Let the records note that Shaun, UK has been mysteriously silent since this remark.

How come Fredaroony gets banned but Shaun is still around? The last few weeks he has been doing nothing but spewing venom. I'd think his little outbursts are just ways of begging to be banned, but the moderators are having a little fun letting him make a complete joke of himself before he is put out of the pasture.

Then, of course, in true Hindu tradition, he will re-incarnate with a different avatar.

The relationship between AI and these trolls is like Cloud Atlas.

• Reply 51 of 66
    trx1975trx1975 Posts: 6member
    Why should Shaun be "careful"? He has a valid point.
  • Reply 52 of 66
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

No you're HYPOCRITES for questioning the Judges motives and impartiality rather can simply accepting that it was his unbiased decision based on the facts and the evidence presented to him.

If you think the British Judge is corrupt who is to say that the American Judge is not also corrupt.

Is that pommie judge a Chelsea FC fan?

Who sponsors Chelsea?

I wonder if there could be a link.

• Reply 53 of 66
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    hill60 wrote: »
    Is that pommie judge a Chelsea FC fan?

Who sponsors Chelsea?

I wonder if there could be a link.

In another thread, it was stated that the British judge was a Chelsea fan. That does not, of course, establish that his decision was biased.
  • Reply 54 of 66
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

How come they didn't have to hold up their cell phones to check their loyalty??  image

And I know they aren't allowed to bring them in....but full disclosure is in order.

• Reply 55 of 66
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I was asleep. I don't sit on here 24 hours a day. I can't be bothered to debate it with you. Let's say you're right and I'm wrong. Happy now?

• Reply 56 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

How come Fredaroony gets banned but Shaun is still around? The last few weeks he has been doing nothing but spewing venom. I'd think his little outbursts are just ways of begging to be banned, but the moderators are having a little fun letting him make a complete joke of himself before he is put out of the pasture.

Then, of course, in true Hindu tradition, he will re-incarnate with a different avatar.

The relationship between AI and these trolls is like Cloud Atlas.

Banned for simply expressing a different point of view? If that's the case then so be it.

• Reply 57 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by TRX1975 View Post

Why should Shaun be "careful"? He has a valid point.

You can't just insinuate favoritism willy-nilly. His presentation borders on nationalism.

• Reply 58 of 66
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

seeing as how you're a global moderator and all, is this the official appleinsider position?

The mods here do post just like everyone else. The tone of his posts hasn't changed from what it was prior to becoming a mod. Why do you feel the need to associate a moderator's personal opinion with something official? It's not like they would ban you for disagreeing.

• Reply 59 of 66
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    shaun, uk wrote: »
    Banned for simply expressing a different point of view? If that's the case then so be it.

F U C K Y O U MORON is not a different point of view
  • Reply 60 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

F U C K Y O U MORON is not a different point of view

I was angry after all the personal attacks. Feel free to put me on ignore if that offends you.