Retina MacBook Pros now ship from Apple in under a week

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display is now advertised to ship in 5 to 7 business days from Apple's online store.

Both the 2.3 gigahertz and 2.6 gigahertz standard configuration models now ship in a week or less when ordered directly from Apple. Previously, estimated shipping times were pegged at 2 to 3 weeks.

The shortened shipping times come as Apple has also expanded configuration options for the entry-level MacBook Pro with Retina display, allowing users to add 512- or 768-gigabyte solid-state drives to the base model with a 2.3-gigahertz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor.

Shipping times for the MacBook Pro with Retina display have readily improved since the next-generation notebook was unveiled at the Worldwide Developers Conference in June. Apple has called the new MacBook Pro, which borrows elements from the thin-and-light MacBook Air, "the most beautiful computer we have ever made."

The standout feature of the new MacBook Pro is its 2,880-by-1,880-pixel Retina display that features 220 pixels-per-inch on the 15.4-inch screen. The new design also cuts glare by 75 percent by removing the glass cover found in previous models.

Retina

In addition to Apple's own online store, the new MacBook Pro with Retina display is also available for purchase from authorized Apple resellers. Many of the resellers found in AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide ship the new high-resolution MacBook Pro the same day it is ordered.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13

5-7 business days or 1-2 weeks that it's been saying....seems to be the same thing. 

• Reply 2 of 13
    crunchcrunch Posts: 180member

Sweet! especially now that Apple allows for full customization on both the "lower-end" $2199 model as well as the high-end one $2799. The 2.6GHz/16GB/256GB is the best combo as far as what you get for each dollar invested IMO.

• Reply 3 of 13

Got mine Tuesday! Ordered it July 3rd though...

2.6 GHz

16 GB RAM

512 GB HDD

Starts up or fully reboots in about 18 seconds. Photoshop starts up in about 3.

I did, however, just try to put a DVD into the right side where it was on my old MacBook Pro, and when it didn't slide in first try, I realized my idiocy. LOL

I love this thing, but it'll take some getting used to.

• Reply 4 of 13

Well with the FW Dongle released these could be used more in business now. I'll get a few in and see how they go.

• Reply 5 of 13
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    I'm disappointed. The trolls aren't here yet saying that this is the death knell for Apple and they're able to ship so quickly because no one wants these laptops (too expensive).
  • Reply 6 of 13
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

It's obvious that the Retina MacBooks are way over-priced. Look at how fast Apple can get them shipped, plain evidence that they're over-stocked due to the low demand.

/s

Now we have that out of the way :) Wait for it. . .

• Reply 7 of 13

I've had my  rMBP for a week now. My bleeding eyes are just starting to heal. The display is amazing and I get annoyed when I go on any other computer and see their lesser display. The case thinness, sturdiness, and fit and finish is especially impressive.

• Reply 8 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunch View Post

Sweet! especially now that Apple allows for full customization on both the "lower-end" $2199 model as well as the high-end one $2799. The 2.6GHz/16GB/256GB is the best combo as far as what you get for each dollar invested IMO.

I agree.  Whether to plunk down another $500 for the 512GB, or not, is a hard decision.

• Reply 9 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

5-7 business days or 1-2 weeks that it's been saying....seems to be the same thing. 

No, 1-2 weeks means 2 weeks.

• Reply 10 of 13

Perfect timing too! I was starting to worry I wouldn't be able to get one for school. :D

• Reply 11 of 13
    No, 1-2 weeks means 2 weeks.

No, "1-2 weeks" means "1-2 weeks". There are plenty of examples where Apple shipped things at the early part of their window (or even earlier).
  • Reply 12 of 13
    irontedironted Posts: 129member

Non-upgradeable and non-repairable, it only lasts for 3 years with AppleCare. Buy all you want iSheeps.!  Thanks to the iSheeps, I am having Apple in my portfolio. :)

• Reply 13 of 13
    ironted wrote: »
    Non-upgradeable and non-repairable, it only lasts for 3 years with AppleCare. Buy all you want iSheeps.!  Thanks to the iSheeps, I am having Apple in my portfolio. :)

What a stupid argument.

So the computer stops working when AppleCare runs out? I wonder how Apple manages to pull that off. /s

And, of course, your statement that it's not repairable is just plain wrong.

You might want to look at reality - where Apple's computers have a longer average life than PCs.