Sponsored: iPhone & iPad Applications that Make a Difference! - An introduction to VTree LLC, a lead

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

As a leader in the special needs software and assistive technology industry, VTree LLC Studios develops products to make a real difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities, enabling them to achieve a higher level of satisfaction in their lives. To us, the most important part of our mission is to make learning fun.

VTree, LLC is working to develop more mobile applications for the special needs community. The company’s IOS application, Practice Street Crossing has proven to be an educational gaming success and an international best-selling software application for over a decade. This software has been available only on the PC to the special needs community for over five years. The company expanded their functionality and now the games can be played on the go with your iPhone and iPad. The goal for VTree is to make games more mobile which will in turn be more accessible to a greater audience. The solution is to not only focus on PC games, but to expand by developing more applications for the iPhone and iPad. 

We think AppleInsider is the perfect community to start this discussion!

Share your ideas for new iPhone and iPad apps that can contribute to educational gaming for the special needs community! 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

I would like an app that you can use to delete spam like this!

• Reply 2 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClementineOrange View Post

I would like an app that you can use to delete spam like this!

You really are heartless aren't you? you try entertaining and helping your brother in education when he has Cerebal palsy and epilepsy, I think this is a good idea.

I think there needs to be a really good app for counting none that I have seen in the app store are good enough!!! 

• Reply 3 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

It's a good thing they put "Sponsored" in the title this time; I banned vTree multiple times before for this. image

Originally Posted by macbook pro i5 View Post

you try entertaining and helping your brother in education when he has Cerebal palsy…

Having what to do with ANYTHING?

• Reply 4 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's a good thing they put "Sponsored" in the title this time; I banned vTree multiple times before for this. image

Having what to do with ANYTHING?

LOL.  Thats a great idea!  I could put sponsored into everyone of my posts too!

OK serious now..  Here is my idea for an app.  I have mild autism (asbergers) and have trouble reading and caring about other emotions.  I started playing a game called recently called LA Noir.  You play a detective and need to read peoples emotions to determine if they are lieing or telling the truth in order to get to the bottom of murder cases.  This is fun, challenging, but most of all it is really good training for me.

I would like an iphone app that provides similar "autisim training disguised as a game" experience on the iphone.  In order for me to want to use it, it has to be stimulating and difficult similar to the rich experience that la noir provides.  To give you an example, there are very graphic murders that you happen across and sometimes multiple suspects that you could convict.  Misreading a suspects emotions could make you lose the case or land the wrong one in jail.

An iphone experince targeted towards autism training could be more targeted towards interview/interrogation/