Judge says Samsung's accusations that Apple doctored evidence "not credible"

Comments

• Reply 41 of 72
    twopmtwopm Posts: 30member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

well, based on trials held in Neherland, Germany, Australia, only one court in Germany found Samsung violating "unfair competition" law there, but they found no design infringement. So I think Samsung's chance is pretty good. Samsung will probably have to appeal given Apple's home advantage.

As a retaliation, South Korea should not only ban all Applekoh products, but any US product.

• Reply 42 of 72

why isn't TwoPM banned yet?  he referenced Apple users as iSheep which was supposed to be instant ban!

• Reply 43 of 72
    erikvdoerikvdo Posts: 11member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoPM View Post

Has there ever been a more biased "judge" than this dirty bitch koh?

Clearly, this case should be handled by an international court.

No matter what the outcome (probably a "victory" by Applekoh), deep inside the isheep know that with the death of Jobs, Applekoh lost whatever limited potential they had to "innovate". This is why they are so angry. 

Wow... Really? If you are going to argue, try to use evidence to make a point. Just calling names and spouting rhetoric wastes everybody's time.

• Reply 44 of 72
    twopmtwopm Posts: 30member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicPaul View Post

why isn't TwoPM banned yet?  he referenced Apple users as iSheep which was supposed to be instant ban!

LOL

• Reply 45 of 72
    loptimistloptimist Posts: 113member

international arbitration is probably not an option as the parties never agreed to such terms, and apple has no incentive to do so at this moment when they have some sorts of "home advantage" from the US courts.

however, if US judges have guts, they should invalidate more frivolous 'patents' (I feel ashamed to call a design like this as a patent) as the Korean IP Office strongly does (their invalidation rate is about 70-80% whenever an invalidation claim is filed).

also, Koh is probably biased as of now, but not necessarily because she's a bad judge but because Samsung has handled the case rather poorly (mainly for delay in responding to discovery requests/producing documents/filing evidence).

Quinn should prepare more coherent arguments.  Many of Samsung's arguments are weak and jab-like on side issues.  But that's probably the best they can do at this moment when their critical evidence is not admitted to the court.

anyways, this case in the end will help Samsung more than it hurts.  The free marketing benefits from being sued and fought by Apple itself just makes the brand image of Samsung as someone that is rivalry/threat to Apple.  At the end of the day, what really matters is the damages awarded and the damages that the jury in this case would award will be unlikely to be too high given that "a vast majority" of people believe that the injury to Apple isn't that severe even if Samsung has infringed on the Apple's 'patents.'  And many courts around the globe already found that Samsung did not infringe on the said 'patents.'

• Reply 46 of 72
    kavokkavok Posts: 51member

Well at least we don't have to worry about this.  Samsung is winning the trial for Apple just by being in the courtroom.

• Reply 47 of 72

You have yet to show any circumstance in which the judge has shown bias.

Samsung lied, gets called on their lie, and the JUDGE is biased? What exactly are you smoking?

Quote:

No kidding.

With a judge like that, what chances do they have?

This is why an international court should handle this case.

• Reply 48 of 72
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member

Quote:

As a retaliation, South Korea should not only ban all Applekoh products, but any US product.

Yes good idea. And then maybe the U.S. can take its troops out of your country and stop giving it support and you can be taken over by the nutters in Nth Korea. How would that be? 

Sth Korean gratitude: you help us and help us and help us and in response we steal from you and lie about you. 

I know many Koreans and they are lovely people one on one. But as a culture and as a national-criminal enterprise they are in sore need of a reality-check.

• Reply 49 of 72

Racist much? You do realize it was the Nazis, not the Germans who committed the atrocities in WWII. You do realize that there were Germans who helped hide Jews from the Nazis or to help them flee the country. You do realize that most Germans are embarrassed about this part of their country's past.

You're a moron.

Quote:

Because of their past, obviously.

• Reply 50 of 72
    mac.worldmac.world Posts: 340member
    Dang, this judge throws out any evidence that might show Apple in a bad light. Amazing. Looking more and more like a biased judge.
  • Reply 51 of 72
    eluard wrote: »
    Yes good idea. And then maybe the U.S. can take its troops out of your country and stop giving it support and you can be taken over by the nutters in Nth Korea. How would that be? 

Sth Korean gratitude: you help us and help us and help us and in response we steal from you and lie about you. 

I know many Koreans and they are lovely people one on one. But as a culture and as a national-criminal enterprise they are in sore need of a reality-check.
    Exactly my thoughts. Leave the neighborhood and tell the North, "You know that disagreement we had, we changed our mind, we won't be getting in your way anymore."
  • Reply 52 of 72
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post

Dang, this judge throws out any evidence that might show Apple in a bad light. Amazing. Looking more and more like a biased judge.

I don't get what you trolls' collective problem is.

Whatever the outcome, the loser is going to appeal. This is 100% confirmed. I mean, really, you know?

It'd be great if the accusations of bias from both sides and to both sides just cut out entirely, because the only accusations thereof that matter are Apple's or Samsung's when the trial is over. Since we don't know those yet, can we just watch the trial play out?

I mean, yeah, argue about absolutely every other aspect of the trial, but the one thing that is completely meaningless is personal perception of bias.

• Reply 53 of 72

Quote:

Originally Posted by ufwa View Post

The reporters who are in the court room really needs to do a better job of describing things as to be less confusing of what exactly was going on.

In the 1st paragraph from theverge it says Samsung claims they took the picture last night. Later says they claim it they took it sunday but photo shows yesterday's date and lawyer misspoke on day of the week.

Exactly which is it?

Was is it during a barrage of back and forth they mixed of Sunday and Monday night?

It doesn't matter. The point is, Samsung said they took the picture at a time that was not corroborated by the actual photo. What buffoons to lie about when the picture was taken when that time and date are on the phone for all to see.

Brilliant!!!

• Reply 54 of 72
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    aaarrrgggh wrote: »
    Can people please stop quoting trolls like this? It is easy enough to block them, but quoting defeats the benefit.

You are correct and I should not have fed a troll. His comments felt bigoted and I wished to draw him/her/it out. Amazing that there were similarly ignorant yet few that were saying just last week that Koh had it out for Apple because of her name.

I am ashamed to be an Internetan.
  • Reply 55 of 72

SAMSUNG

The thieving magpies of the electronics world.

SAMSUNG as a company has developed world class parts production, almost as good as the Chinese. But that is what they make... parts, with the occasional knock-off product. Sub-contractors always seem to think they invented everything and are responsible for the product's success. They would be a great manufacturing partner but they are just such clueless corporate dorks. SAMSUNG explaining and defending their corporate ways in front of a judge is profoundly embarrassing to everyone watching (with the exception of the Korean diaspora trolls). image

• Reply 56 of 72
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

I am ashamed to be an Internetan.

Oh gosh, people in the future are going to claim they're 'citizens of the Internet' and therefore exempt from the laws of the country in which they reside, aren't they?

Sorry for the aside; I just thought of that… 

• Reply 57 of 72

My block list is growing by leaps and bounds since the Apple/Samsung trial started.

If I had a dollar for every one.....no wait, I have a better idea. If I could grow my d&*k by only 1mm for every blocked troll I'd make Ron Jeremy look like a Gherkin.

• Reply 58 of 72
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Oh gosh, people in the future are going to claim they're 'citizens of the Internet' and therefore exempt from the laws of the country in which they reside, aren't they?

Sorry for the aside; I just thought of that… 

I shoulda framed that with a /s.
  • Reply 59 of 72

If SAMSUNG intends to continue making their Copy Pad...

they should focus on making one that actually works well, not making one that LOOKS like one that works well.   

Samsung's Galaxy Tab study, which was conducted in 30 Best Buy stores across New York, Los Angeles and Florida, revealed 25 percent of returns were due to malfunctioning hardware while 9 percent exchanged the device for an iPad 2. The hardware troubles amounted to system freezes, touch screen malfunctions and poor Wi-Fi performance. An additional 17 percent said screen lagging, short battery life and syncing issues were to blame for the return. Other issues included difficulty operating Google's Android OS and the device's app selection.

• Reply 60 of 72

This story has been so entertaining!  The Samsung legal team are getting their butt kicked in court -- "oh, Your Honor, I guess the date on the phone DOES show the picture was taken on a different day than we said it was."  The TOTALLY amazing thing about that incident is that NO ONE COULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING!   You mean the judge looks at the exhibits?  Oops!

Too bad so much of the post-story commentary has been about bozo-bird's racist comments -- the story is still an object lesson in spite of all that.