Judge says Samsung's accusations that Apple doctored evidence "not credible"

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 72
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member

Breaking News!

Samsung to sue Samsung!

A Samsung spokesman was quoted today as saying that Samsung would be filing suit against Samsung in every court in the world, including food courts. "Anything Apple can do we can do better. We make everything they do but we do it better — this is true innovation. Anyone can invent something. but making that thing just tiny bit better take superior Korean know-how. Apple sueing Samsung all over the place and losing — we will sue Samsung in every place in the world and win! I mean look at their products — they are exactly like ours! They are identical! I mean they are more like our products than even they are like Apple's — and that is saying something! We were bowled over when we saw them — but, I mean, we shouldn't be surprised as they are Korean company and so they have patent on copying product that is recognised world over. They are the best at this — true innovation. But we have that patent first and so we will sue them." The spokesman went on to say that Samsung had improved even on the delicacy of Apple's iPhones. "They make them delicate — we make them truly breakable; Apple claim to be in right, we claim to be righter. But Samsung have gone too far — I cannot tell their product from ours even with the lights off." The Samsung representative also said that for this fight — the greatest fight that they have ever undertaken — Samsung would even hire Apple's lawyers. "Because lets face it: ours are crap."

• Reply 62 of 72
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoPM View Post

Has there ever been a more biased "judge" than this dirty bitch koh?

Clearly, this case should be handled by an international court.

No matter what the outcome (probably a "victory" by Applekoh), deep inside the isheep know that with the death of Jobs, Applekoh lost whatever limited potential they had to "innovate". This is why they are so angry. 

Utterly despicable comment. GO AWAY!

• Reply 63 of 72
    radarradar Posts: 271member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

stock device photo from Samsung manual

She then pointed out that the photo depicted yesterday's date, prompting Samsung's attorney to admit that the photo had not been taken the day he had earlier stated.

LOL, I think that was just one nail to seal a Samdung loss in this battle - as should be. They should have to pay Apple big time and should also, finally, have their copycat phones and tablets banned around the world. End of story.

• Reply 64 of 72
    radarradar Posts: 271member

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4machiavelli View Post

SAMSUNG

The thieving magpies of the electronics world.

SAMSUNG as a company has developed world class parts production, almost as good as the Chinese. But that is what they make... parts, with the occasional knock-off product. Sub-contractors always seem to think they invented everything and are responsible for the product's success. They would be a great manufacturing partner but they are just such clueless corporate dorks. SAMSUNG explaining and defending their corporate ways in front of a judge is profoundly embarrassing to everyone watching (with the exception of the Korean diaspora trolls). image

Except Samsung are only a mid-tier manufacturer, never have been a true innovator. Pretty much all the scientific R&D in Samsung products is done externally (i.e. like the chips Samsung assembles which are based on England's licensed ARM architecture). They only excel at a) copying (or trying to copy) true innovators like Apple, and b) aggressively marketing those inferior copies no matter what the cost—they have no shame about this.

• Reply 65 of 72
    felix01felix01 Posts: 294member

Is it possible the picture was taken in Korea and digitally sent to the Samsung legal team in the U.S.? Maybe Samsung's lawyer merely forgot to take the time and date difference (as a result of crossing the International Date Line) into account when saying which "day" the photo was taken. Certainly an error which an experienced lawyer should have caught. But intentional mis-fabrication of evidence? Maybe not.

But the bigger screw-up was Samsung's lawyer opening the door for introduction of the "crisis of design" memo into evidence before the jury. 

I have a feeling this guy won't be trying any more Samsung patent cases...especially if "crisis of design" proves to be a turning point in a high-profile loss. And if that exchange about the phone's date and the judge's rebuke played out in open court in the jury's presence, it'll have an impact on how truthful Samsung is perceived to be concerning their contention that they didn't intentionally copy the iPhone look and feel.

• Reply 66 of 72
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Except Samsung are only a mid-tier manufacturer, never have been a true innovator. Pretty much all the scientific R&D in Samsung products is done externally (i.e. like the chips Samsung assembles which are based on England's licensed ARM architecture). They only excel at a) copying (or trying to copy) true innovators like Apple, and b) aggressively marketing those inferior copies no matter what the cost—they have no shame about this.

Sadly, what you say is true already for a long time. Obviously it needs a strong arm like Apple to slow the copyists at Samesung down.

I just hope they succeed!!

• Reply 67 of 72

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post

Dang, this judge throws out any evidence that might show Apple in a bad light. Amazing. Looking more and more like a biased judge.

Judge Koh was biased for Apple before this case even started and she's making it blatantly obvious.  With a little research into her career history, you’ll see that see worked for a California law firm called Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati which is the same law firm that represents Apple.

Samsung knows they don’t have a chance to win this court case with a bias judge cherry picking the evidence.

The questionable history of Koh guaranties Samsung will get an appeal and pretty much makes this entire case nothing more than a dog & pony show.  At this point in time, it looks like Samsung is trying to use this dog & pony show as court room practice and to lower public opinion of Apple and increase their own.

• Reply 68 of 72
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Chrispoe View Post

Judge Koh was biased for Apple before this case even started and she's making it blatantly obvious.  With a little research into her career history, you’ll see that see worked for a California law firm called Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati which is the same law firm that represents Apple.

And if that in any way affected her ability to judge this dispassionately, she wouldn't have been the one presiding.

Samsung knows they don’t have a chance to win this court case with a bias judge cherry picking the evidence.

I gotta keep up with the Anti-Apple Brigade… so instead of copy/pasting "rectangles", "monopoly", and "innovate", they're now copy/pasting "cherry picking" when they again don't have a frigging clue what they're talking about… 

• Reply 69 of 72

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil

And if that in any way affected her ability to judge this dispassionately, she wouldn't have been the one presiding.

Maybe in an ideal world that would be true , but from the looks of it I'd have to say this doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote:

they're now copy/pasting "cherry picking" when they again don't have a frigging clue what they're talking about…

that doesn't even make sense and sounds like a far fetched comment.

• Reply 70 of 72

…that doesn't even make sense and sounds like a far fetched comment.

Have you not been reading the forums lately? You've not noticed how everyone against Apple seems to be using the same words in the same arguments?

• Reply 71 of 72

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Have you not been reading the forums lately? You've not noticed how everyone against Apple seems to be using the same words in the same arguments?

I've been reading this forum less and less because the quality of the material/posts have been going down hill for some time now.

• Reply 72 of 72

I've been reading this forum less and less because the quality of the material/posts have been going down hill for some time now.

I think we're on the verge of fixing that. Stay tuned, if you feel so.