Economical aspects of the war against Iraq.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I want to be prepared for the post-Iraq-war world and just wonder what would be rational reactions to it?

I have a suggestion: Invest in Blockbuster. I´ll try to think of more

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mwmw Posts: 31member
    Invest in companies that manufacture metal detectors. Every mall, movie theater, etc. will purchase them after the first suicide bomber attack...

[added] I guess you suggested "blockbuster" for similar reasons?

Quote: Retired general Wesley Clark told the Senate Armed Services Committee that a war would "super-charge recruiting for Al Qaeda."

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: mw ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by mw:

<strong>I guess you suggested "blockbuster" for similar reasons?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Right on.

Barb wire will be hip.

Hmm. What about food?

Genetical manipulated exotic fruits so it will grow in US and europe?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Why? We have hawaii for our exotic fruits.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Let's cut to the chase: invest in oil.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member

<strong>Invest in companies that manufacture metal detectors. Every mall, movie theater, etc. will purchase them after the first suicide bomber attack...

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: mw ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, then you ought to invest, regardless of what happens in Iraq. That shit is coming one way or the other. period.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member

<strong>Invest in companies that manufacture metal detectors. Every mall, movie theater, etc. will purchase them after the first suicide bomber attack

...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Geting your "I told you so" out there up front huh?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mwmw Posts: 31member
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott:

<strong>

Geting your "I told you so" out there up front huh?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I really, really hope this will never happen in North America.

But I think this may be the next level of attacks, should the situation escalate. And at this stage, with other options (such as intensified weapons inspections) not fully exhausted, a war on Iraq (thread topic) with large civilian casualties would more likely than not provoke this escalation.

Al-Qaeda and its like-minded affiliates are not just our problem, it's a global problem. Let's hope law enforcement agencies around the world get their act together. And that ours have the sense to work with them.

Back to economic aspects:

Usually there is a surge in hiring at the beginning of a new year. It didn't happen this year, since many companies are being very cautious due to the possibility of war. All levels of jobs are affected.

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: mw ]</p>