Printer recommendations

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

Help!

Our venerable HP 5740 Inkjet printer died (I had planned on going first) -- won't feed paper... and We're stuck with $200 worth of ink cartridges that won't run in newer models.

We just need a small footprint, light-duty, reliable, good quality color printer... some occasional pictures.

It appears that most of the printers available today are all-in-one devices -- printer. scanner, copier, fax, toaster, refrigerator... Oh, sorry Tim.

We already have a scanner that we seldom use (birth certs and recipes), so we don't need that, a copier or fax.

I am looking for recommendations... would even consider paying more for a color laser (or whatever) printer.

TIA

Dick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    well this going to sound like heresy round here given current trials and tribulations - Samsung, there I said it..Really they are making some great laser printers that are a snap to configure on a network. Fast, duplexing is a breeze and even work with idevices using the Samsung mobile print app, free dl. Even the cost of their consumables is cheaper than many of the established brands.
    fwiw - I wouldn't go back to ink unless I needed wide format for some reason.

The ease of config compared to what I have put up with in the past from hp, canon, epson, Kyocera was in my experience fantastic.
    ymmv but I think they're great and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
    cheers