Samsung attorney argued in court without proper license to practice

Comments

• Reply 61 of 105

What is the big difference between the Northern california district and the Central district of California?  Aside from the beaches, of course!  This reminds me that Susan wrote a book about Ann Coulter not too long ago: 

Soulless: Ann Coulter and the Right-Wing Church of Hate.   Anyone read this?  Cowabunga!!!!

• Reply 62 of 105
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member

Does anyone else see this trial as the demise to Samsung? I sure hope the other manufactures who depend on Samsung for OEM parts are watching this trial and thinking that maybe they're not the right company for their gadget/device/phone/tablet/TV/computer/etc.

• Reply 63 of 105
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    All of it.  When I click the paper clip, I get a dialog that says:  "You don't have permissions to create attachments."

I also get the same message, this on my MBP, not tried iPad yet.
  • Reply 64 of 105
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member

Just pretend this was deleted. 

• Reply 65 of 105
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Or a guy dressed as a peanut being crushed to death by an Elephant. 

Ah poor Chuckles the clown :( 

• Reply 66 of 105
    huntercrhuntercr Posts: 140member

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

Uh...I don't get it...couldn't she just copy someone else's license???

boredumb, you owe me another keyboard. I just ruined this one by laughing so hard that I dropped my drink. ;)

Tip of the hat to you, my friend.

• Reply 67 of 105
    Estrich didn't don an army helmet and poke his head out the top of a tank... Creating an indelible image of ridicule... Even decades later, Ally McBeal was making jokes about "helmet head" when referring to a specific male body part.

True, hence my reference to Dukakis himself in my original post. :-)

Although, as his chief campaign manager (or some such thing), one has to believe that his tank-helmet-poke phot-op got a thumbs-up from Ms. Estrich, no?
  • Reply 68 of 105
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Educate me... PM if necessary! I have made some great ring tones...
    I don't know why AI inserted all the blank space???

It's a link to a YouTube clip which I added using the icon between the picture and the paperclip icons that looks like a small strip of film.

If it's blank space maybe click to flash or something is blocking it although it shows on my MacBook as HTML 5...

...and not on my iPhone at all, hmmm got me beat, something to do with this site I suppose.

Although the Buster Keaton boxing one works.

Now I'm editing on my iPhone, I'll just paste the link.

http-youtube-zjedLeVGcfE
  • Reply 69 of 105
    hittrj01hittrj01 Posts: 753member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Two giant corporations with more money than they know what to do with. What did you expect anyway?

Don't throw Apple into this. Their legal team has looked extremely prepared. Although, it helps considerably when all those pesky facts tend to lean in your direction!

• Reply 70 of 105
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. If Samsung wins this case, I'll be very surprised.  Not much going right so far...

Yes, poor Samsung...

Their arguments don't have enough testosterone,

and their legal team has too much Estrichen.

• Reply 71 of 105

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69ergoo View Post

Samsung, a company full of lies and corruption. What can we expect? By the way, did you all see the Samsung copycat video on Conan O'Brien Show? It's really funny. 

Are you serious? Every company lies and has corruption. Even your precious Apple. Just because you don't get caught that doesn't make it right.

• Reply 72 of 105

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

Does anyone else see this trial as the demise to Samsung? I sure hope the other manufactures who depend on Samsung for OEM parts are watching this trial and thinking that maybe they're not the right company for their gadget/device/phone/tablet/TV/computer/etc.

No most that will happen is a fine. Probably in the millions. Samsung does look guilty but I think the fine will be about 250million give or take a few million.

• Reply 73 of 105

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

lol, not quite. Samsung is a gigantic corporation. Stock value wise Apple may be bigger, but Samsung is far more diversified and established. If Samsungs entire phone division disappeared it would be a blow, but not exactly a staggering one. That being said, this case will likely amount to little more than a couple hundred million in fines, a drop in the bucket for both of these juggernauts.

• Reply 74 of 105

Quote:

Originally Posted by pragmatous View Post

Are you serious? Every company lies and has corruption. Even your precious Apple. Just because you don't get caught that doesn't make it right.

So it's alright for us to assume you could be a corrupt person too, but just didn't get caught?

• Reply 75 of 105

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckVader View Post

lol, not quite. Samsung is a gigantic corporation. Stock value wise Apple may be bigger, but Samsung is far more diversified and established. If Samsungs entire phone division disappeared it would be a blow, but not exactly a staggering one. That being said, this case will likely amount to little more than a couple hundred million in fines, a drop in the bucket for both of these juggernauts.

It won't be the size of the judgment that matters in the least for Samsung if it loses.

• Reply 76 of 105
    That's crap. That'd be like showing all users the "ban user" button and then letting them click it as an exercise in futility. 
    I like that idea! Even though futile, it would still be a fun exercise - kind of like yelling at the television! Can we have it? Pretty please!
  • Reply 77 of 105
    huntercr wrote: »
    boredumb, you owe me another keyboard. I just ruined this one by laughing so hard that I dropped my drink. ;)
    Keyboard? Hell! What about the beverage! Get your priorities in order.
  • Reply 78 of 105

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

It won't be the size of the judgment that matters in the least for Samsung if it loses.

hate to break it to you but size matters :p

For both of tbese companies this is business as usual. Only apple and android fanbases really have a non-fiscal stake in these proceedings.  Furthermore, regardless of outcome, both companies will continue on their way. Samsung and other OEMs copying of Apple designs was a backlash from Apple's introduction of a revolutionary phone design that changed how we use phones. Each company has since gone its own way in terms of design and this case is about little more than Apple being a competent business. In the end they will still contract Samsung to make their processors and life will go on.

• Reply 79 of 105
    What is it with Samsung and chronic failure to obtain licensing?
  • Reply 80 of 105

I think the most unfair thing about this is that reality has a well-known Apple bias.