Apple expected to debut iPad mini after September iPhone launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    raptoroo7raptoroo7 Posts: 140member

While this would be great news and I am anxiously awaiting the next iPhone I just don't see it happening.  Apple has always made September about the iPod and Music, iPhone would be October and November would or could be the new mini iPad with revised iPad 3 as well.  This way they would dominate the news cycle for media players, smartphones and tablets leading into Q4 for the holidays and rack up very solid sales.

I would of course be happy to get the next iPhone in September but I just don't see it happening.  Apple already knows a certain % of their iPhone sales are taking a hit while users wait for the next release so having minimal stock on hand at launch would not benefit them with backorders not equating into actual product shipped and sold therefore profits in the bank.  I would expect Apple to have more sufficient stock on hand for an October launch.

Does this mean the 3GS will finally die making the iPhone 4 the new lower entry point with iPhone 4S the mid and New iPhone (next iPhone, iPhone 5, iPhone 6) as the high end.  I mean given that iOS 6 is stripped of features for the 3GS its really not a fair product to continue pushing once the next phone launches.  Its time to retire it.

• Reply 22 of 31
    strat09strat09 Posts: 158member

Not gonna happen. Although I would predict that a new iPod lineup will be launched in the future with devices coming out with nfc ( for sharing photos and communicating to other new idevices) and the new 19 pin connector being thunderbolt/ usb compatible. I'm sure there will be an ipod classic with a bigger retina screen and iTunes/Ping Network built into it.. 

• Reply 23 of 31
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Strat09 View Post

I'm sure there will be an ipod classic with a bigger retina screen and iTunes/Ping Network built into it.. 

I'm sure there won't.

• Reply 24 of 31
    strat09strat09 Posts: 158member

http://www.patentlyapple.com/.a/6a0120a5580826970c012877b7884d970c-pi

YES THEY WILL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I'm sure there won't.

• Reply 25 of 31
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    strat09 wrote: »
    Not gonna happen. Although I would predict that a new iPod lineup will be launched in the future with devices coming out with nfc ( for sharing photos and communicating to other new idevices) and the new 19 pin connector being thunderbolt/ usb compatible. I'm sure there will be an ipod classic with a bigger retina screen and iTunes/Ping Network built into it.. 
    strat09 wrote: »

You've mentioned your desires and have not backed up what you are claimiing as fact with anything of substance. I don't even know what the **** your link to that patent is suppose to prove but this is an example of how effective patents are as proof of what will come to pass: http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/26/apple-patents-access-system-for-bottom-loading-optical-drive/
  • Reply 26 of 31
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Strat09 View Post

YES THEY WILL.

But that's meaningless. The iPod classic is dead. Has been for four years. Ping is also being discontinued.

• Reply 27 of 31

i do really hope they launch the new iPhone in september, rumours online say apple will reveal it on september 12th this year with a release following a week after. if they this is true i will be queuing all day for it!

• Reply 28 of 31
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    chrism78 wrote: »
    i do really hope they launch the new iPhone in september, rumours online say apple will reveal it on september 12th this year with a release following a week after. if they this is true i will be queuing all day for it!

I'm to the point I don't care! Seriously iPad has displaced my iPhone for many of my traveling or portable computing needs. I'd rather milk my iPhone 4 as long as I can so that an upgrade to iPad 4 can go through soon after its debut. iPhone is great when you need something in your pocket but when that isn't a requirement iPad wins hands down.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member

If a 7" iPad model DOES surface, I want to bridge the gap between the iPhone & the full-size iPad…

I would try an iPad mini with a stereo BlueTooth headset (w/integrated mic) & a two-way Skype account; VOIP as my 'cell phone'…?

The iPhone itself is too damned small for my sausage fingers…!

• Reply 30 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

I'm to the point I don't care! Seriously iPad has displaced my iPhone for many of my traveling or portable computing needs. I'd rather milk my iPhone 4 as long as I can so that an upgrade to iPad 4 can go through soon after its debut. iPhone is great when you need something in your pocket but when that isn't a requirement iPad wins hands down.

in my opinion though i really don't see the need for a ipad at all, i do own one but only because im a die hard apple fan! i never even use it. i use my air for when i travel, i use my i mac at home but the iphone just compliments them all brilliantly. i cant count on both hands how many times it comes in handy, and the sooner they bring a slightly better tweaked version the better.

• Reply 31 of 31

What's the possibility of Apple merging the next iPod Touch with the iPad Mini? I doubt that they will come up at the same time with an all new iPod Touch, iPod Nano and iPad (mini)) - that simply is too much novelty at the same time, so I expect some of these rumored devices to actually be one.