Can the next iPhone beat this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Since even the first iPhone already beats anything Samsung has put out in terms of usability and experience, I imagine the next one will, too.

• Reply 2 of 4
    argonautargonaut Posts: 128member

Someone I know has recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3... He was poking fun at my iPhone 4S and 'how tiny it is' .... I said 'that's so it easily fits in my pocket' and he retorts with ' well this fits fine in my back pocket!'  - I said ' be careful when you sit down then..! '  :)

Also I was incredulous that when he was swiping through photos, there was horrible lag and jitter!! I was flabbergasted!  

I thought this was supposed to be a high performance phone that knocked the 4S into a cocked hat!.. Well, nothing to worry about in that department.. He seemed non-plussed at my demonstration of 'smooth as silk' / 'like butter'  swiping between photos/movies.

His GF even jokingly called it 'Johns first phone!' - the implication being that it was like a big over-sized toy phone! 

I am sure people love it because it has 'better specs' and 'a bigger screen' than the 4S, but I really struggle to see any other appeal now that I have seen one in the flesh.

Roll on the new iPhone !

• Reply 3 of 4
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Since even the first iPhone already beats anything Samsung has put out in terms of usability and experience, I imagine the next one will, too.

When you say things like this, I think you're trolling. The features and usability available in the first iphone were extremely limited compared to what is available today on either IOS or Android. They're both quite usable, although I'm not sure why Samsung has been coming out with gigantic phones. I like the iphone's size. LCD displays have just dipped so low in cost that some manufacturer was inevitably going to test the market for how large before it becomes uncomfortable just like prior to the widespread inclusion of data functions on phone plans, there was a trend toward how small they could go (recalling old flip phones and micro Nokias here).

• Reply 4 of 4
    strat09strat09 Posts: 158member
    I love how this articles on the S3... And it says that the 4S is chubby and slow... My only remark is to say that the 4S was built with a dual antenna system and performs equally as fast as the S3 without LTE 9 MONTHS AGO (not many can tell a performance difference.. But Imagine how fast the new iPhone will be on LTE) It'll be like iPhone on 'Roids.