Apple's new iPhone and iOS 6 will wake you up to your favorite song

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    custardcar wrote: »
    Ah, at last I can be like Phil and wake to I Got You Babe.

Boom.

And you'd only ever have to set it up once ...

(One of my all time favorite moves BTW.)
  • Reply 22 of 35

I've been using an app called Sleep Cycle as my alarm for a while now.  It lets you pick your music, but it also trys to wake you up when you're naturally coming out of deep sleep anyway.  Basically you set the time you have to be awake, and put the thing on the corner of your bed (you can't put it to sleep, or it doesn't work, so you have to plug your phone in), and it monitors your movement, and with 30 minutes to go until your wakup time, if it sees you starting to move about more, it will start the music and wake you up gradually.

I was highly skeptical when I tried it out, but actually find it tremendous.  I'm much less tired than I am if I use a regular alarm.  It's really impressive.

• Reply 23 of 35
    icoco3 wrote: »
    A feature that has been available in Alarm Clock Pro for well over 1 year and maybe even 2....and I bet most 3rd party apps already do that.

I think Alarm Clock Pro has been doing this for a lot longer than two years. I'm amazed this is considered newsworthy.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightlie View Post

I think Alarm Clock Pro has been doing this for a lot longer than two years. I'm amazed this is considered newsworthy.

Now, if any alarm clock app would look at your "Top 25 Most Played" playlist and pick one at random, that would be different.   That is my idea and royalties are required. image

• Reply 25 of 35
    neilmneilm Posts: 985member

If there's one word I really don't want to hear while lying in bed, it's "gonorrhea."

• Reply 26 of 35

EDITED:   I misread the feature... and I dont have a delete to remove my stupid comment

Mods?

• Reply 27 of 35
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,100member

This is a feature worth reporting about?

Wow, iOS 6 is going to be pretty damn underwhelming. 

• Reply 28 of 35
    I tried this feature, found it to be annoying.  Back to the same alert tone I always use...Jetson's doorbell.  

I'm excited. I have my "mentos" theme and incredible hulk "sad walking credits" song at the ready.

Hulk is for the "Monday's" and work days.

Mentos for the days off!
  • Reply 29 of 35
    29922992 Posts: 202member

"at no additional cost." Really?!

• Reply 30 of 35
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

This is a feature worth reporting about?

Wow, iOS 6 is going to be pretty damn underwhelming. 

Yeah, you certainly haven't been predicting that for the last four years, so it comes as a surprise to you.

• Reply 31 of 35

What a nice way to ruin your favourite song.

• Reply 32 of 35
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Craig Stanton View Post

What a nice way to ruin your favourite song.

My old roommate said the same thing. He had his computer wake him to a song every morning. When he mentioned that he hated it, I suggested he change the song. He then said that he'd rather not another song he liked be ruined for him. image

• Reply 33 of 35
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgerstacker View Post

Pro Tip:

Don't use your favorite song as an alarm.  Use your least favorite song.  You're more likely to actually get up if you are immediately filled with rage every morning instead of joy.

A country music radio station got me up for college every morning.

Exactly, getting woken up with your favourite song is the fastest way to make that song your least favourite song.

• Reply 34 of 35
    Pro Tip:

Don't use your favorite song as an alarm.  Use your least favorite song.  You're more likely to actually get up if you are immediately filled with rage every morning instead of joy.

A country music radio station got me up for college every morning.

I see your country music, and I raise you dubstep. If that incomprehensible screeching doesn't get you up, nothing will.*

*Coming from a big fan of electronic dance music in general.
  • Reply 35 of 35

With iOS5 I could set the alarm to a playlist, and be pleasantly surprised by the different song from my faves each morning. It would be set to randomly choose a song. Now I have to choose a song, just one song, for my wake-up. How can I get back that cool playlist function I used to love!?????