Evidence of a PM March release?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple CFO Fred Anderson said:

"The March quarter is one of product transitioning, but we remain optimistic about our growth prospects for the year because of a strong lineup of new products and a robust pipeline of new products yet to come,"

March quarter on of transitioning? Anyone else read that as Powermacs coming in March? MW Tokoyo perhaps?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Well, could be a few things-

-March is when all new iMacs would have shipped or be shippable.

-The G4/G5 announced say in Feb ships in March.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    New PowerMacs? Get the **** out of here... no way!!!!!

Holy shit.

Uh, yeah. Anyone who DOESN'T think that needs to be shot.

If we don't see new PowerMacs by March I'll eat my underwear.

AFTER I wear them.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    "New PowerMacs? Get the **** out of here... no way!!!!! Holy shit."

I hear ya, but my point isn't 'if' they are going to release towers but 'when'. People have been speculating whether it will be at an Apple event, Siebold or MW Tokoyo.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: sMACk ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 10
    scadboyscadboy Posts: 189member
    [quote]Originally posted by sMACk:

<strong>Apple CFO Fred Anderson said:

March quarter on of transitioning? Anyone else read that as Powermacs coming in March? MW Tokoyo perhaps?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're reading this a little too "literally," by 'March Quarter' he means the quarter endind in March. The financial results Apple just reported were for the previous year ending with the December Quarter. So, when they introduced, say, the iPod back in October, and it went on sale in November, it was released during the December Quarter...

When quizzed on those "transitions" Fred pointed out the iMac and iBook, and said he wouldn't comment on anything further, because Apple doesn't comment on future products. SO... everything introduced in January at MWSF are, financially speaking "March Quarter" products.

Make Sense? No, of course not, Finance-ese never makes sense, but that's just the way it is. This, of course, is not to discount the distinct possibility that we'll see an update to the Pro line, but I Think it's going to happen well before March.

ciao,

michael
  • Reply 5 of 10
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    I normally hate to speculate too much for launch dates, but the FACT is that worldwide, there is at least 15 working days wait for any PowerMac... whether stock 733 or customized 800MP.

This is NOT normal and can only signl the immenent arrival of new PM models. Even when I passed by the mac store here in Brussels a sales guy was telling me that they are running out of PMs.

This situation of having to wait almost 3 weeks for a new machine will NOT last until March!!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    mmmh, worldwide? I just checked the online resellers in Germany and all G4 models are listed as available immediately (in stock). So the channel isn't dry yet, at least here?

-k
  • Reply 7 of 10
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Haven't you been paying attention to the Rumors? The German press is already reporting the G5. So, it has, obviously, alreadybeen released in Germany...thus the short wait times on new PMs.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    March QUARTER, Quarter being the key word here. The Quarter ends in March therefore it is called the March quarter. This Quarter includes Jan and Feb as well.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    [quote]Originally posted by Keda:

<strong>Haven't you been paying attention to the Rumors? The German press is already reporting the G5. So, it has, obviously, alreadybeen released in Germany...thus the short wait times on new PMs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Either you're being sarcastic, or you're really dense. The German "Press?" Uhhh, yeah. Sure. Steve has really worked them over lately.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    [quote]Originally posted by kadewe:

<strong>mmmh, worldwide? I just checked the online resellers in Germany and all G4 models are listed as available immediately (in stock). So the channel isn't dry yet, at least here…

-k</strong><hr></blockquote>

I am referring to online Apple Stores, not just any etailers. Also my local Mac store has G4s in stock, but not that many and they said it would take a few weeks if I needed to order in quantity.