The New iPhone (Apple.com screen grab)

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

We've certainly seen plenty of fake screenshots before, but the tagline here sounds like something Apple would do, if a bit wordy (Steve's gone, though). Thoughts?

And no, I didn't make this myself.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    Wow. WTF? What do you think? Is it real?
  • Reply 2 of 21
    Who did make this (or get this picture)?
  • Reply 3 of 21
    If it is fake, it's a good fake.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by logandigges View Post

Who did make this (or get this picture)?

Let's see… no watermark, which usually isn't a good sign (as it'd be straight from a first-party source then), but I first saw it here: http://u.jimdo.com/www100/o/sb17029fa610ba3da/img/i767165312d26499d/1344960088/std/image.jpg, linked from a post on that other Mac website whose name we can't write here. image

• Reply 5 of 21
    Let's see… no watermark, which usually isn't a good sign (as it'd be straight from a first-party source then), but I first saw it here: http://u.jimdo.com/www100/o/sb17029fa610ba3da/img/i767165312d26499d/1344960088/std/image.jpg, linked from a post on that other Mac website whose name we can't write here. :lol:

Yeah, I just saw that, on the iPad Mini pos over there.
  • Reply 6 of 21
  • Reply 7 of 21
    But if you go to jimdo.com, it gives me a website builder page.
  • Reply 8 of 21

Originally Posted by logandigges View Post

But if you go to jimdo.com, it gives me a website builder page.

Yep, I imagine whoever made it (or took it legitimately) just set up a temporary web page so it couldn't be tracked back to them. It being on a "build your own webpage!" site makes it feel more legitimate to me than if someone just posted it on, say, their personal webpage. Then you'd know it's a fake or that's not his real name. 

Has a job to think about, you know. Put food on the table. Wouldn't want to wind up homeless and stealing from… No, I think that joke has played itself out. image

• Reply 9 of 21
    Yep, I imagine whoever made it (or took it legitimately) just set up a temporary web page so it couldn't be tracked back to them. It being on a "build your own webpage!" site makes it feel more legitimate to me than if someone just posted it on, say, their personal webpage. Then you'd know it's a fake or that's not his real name. 

Has a job to think about, you know. Put food on the table. Wouldn't want to wind up homeless and stealing from… No, I think that joke has played itself out. :lol:

lol
  • Reply 10 of 21

Ah, this is fake; I can tell now. 

• Reply 11 of 21
    How do you know?
  • Reply 12 of 21

There's no effect applied to the text in the title and there's no reflection of the iPhone at the bottom of the image. I imagine it's what the website will look like on launch day, but it's certainly not a grab of the website.

• Reply 13 of 21

Tallest Skil, I really not try to burst your bubble, but when a page is being designed effects don't matter in the beginning. In fact it says right there "PH - PLACEHOLDER - TO BE REPLACED" and the effects comes from a PICTURE applied in either Photoshop or a different program. As a old website designer I can definitely say that effects are never applied or being applied until the product has its final design is finished or concluded. 

• Reply 14 of 21

Originally Posted by KaneCabal View Post

Tallest Skil, I really not try to burst your bubble, but when a page is being designed effects don't matter in the beginning. In fact it says right there "PH - PLACEHOLDER - TO BE REPLACED" and the effects comes from a PICTURE applied in either Photoshop or a different program. As a old website designer I can definitely say that effects are never applied or being applied until the product has its final design is finished or concluded. 

Sure, but Apple doesn't use the HTML5 reflection for any of their images; it's part of the bitmap image itself. Even without a proper UI in place, the reflection of the case would be done since what is reflected isn't changing.

If they're to the stage where they're assembling the front page internally, they're to the stage where they have finalized graphics.

• Reply 15 of 21

i think this picture speaks for itself and it does not seem to be a viable option for the people.

• Reply 16 of 21

I can't say too if it's authentic! Yeah, it is thinner, but is it longer?  I dunno if I needed glasses or what... Authentic or not, I trust Apple that the new iPhone would be better than my 4S! But imma get a new iPad first so... 

• Reply 17 of 21

Oh, by the way, any news on the 7 inch iPad? (mini iPad, iPad lite or whatever) 

Oops, dunno if I had to post this on the iPad thread (sorry dear devs)

• Reply 18 of 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Has a job to think about, you know. Put food on the table. Wouldn't want to wind up homeless and stealing from… No, I think that joke has played itself out. image

... Or they built an Apple.com duplicate to take the screenshot with...

they don't show the URL bar either...

There IS a reflection in the iPhone image in the screenshot, you might need to zoom a bit to see it though.

• Reply 19 of 21

Originally Posted by marcusj0015 View Post

... Or they built an Apple.com duplicate to take the screenshot with...

No, I meant the original location of THAT image itself, not the website within the image.

But yeah, it's fake. You can actually do a better job of faking an Apple.com homepage in about 10 minutes and with rudimentary HTML/CSS knowledge.

they don't show the URL bar either...

It would show "apple.com", so what would be the point? And anyone can type anything anywhere. For example…

• Reply 20 of 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, I meant the original location of THAT image itself, not the website within the image.

But yeah, it's fake. You can actually do a better job of faking an Apple.com homepage in about 10 minutes and with rudimentary HTML/CSS knowledge.

It would show "apple.com", so what would be the point? And anyone can type anything anywhere. For example…

That's true, you could easily Photoshop the URL bar. I forgot about that somehow lol.